AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: OOC: RP Discussion/Idea thread

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OOC: RP Discussion/Idea thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke View Post
    Both of these ideas are usually played in a modern setting that can be described as a fractured mirror of our own, but they can be played in different settings to different affect. Faerie would exist regardless in the first, and the Underworld would be similar in the second.

I do appreciate your input on those ideas.
    That's cool. To be honest, the 'setting' isn't something that bothers me; I'm used to RPing in more 'basic', archaic-style settings where things we take for granted don't exist, but saying that what's the point of RPing if I'm unable to adapt? I used to watch a lot of fantasy and future/space-based anime and I played the hell out of Final Fantasy 8 and 9 at some point so a 'past' setting, as well as an 'alternate-present' and any sort of futuristic settings aren't things that I worry about. It's just that whilst I don't want to be picky, I want to use my dragon as the character. That and an interesting plot or planned series of events is all that I need. xP

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Lemon View Post
    HOWEVER I worked a bit on my RPs, even found inspiration for a third. I made a bullet list of content of the RP (also tried to judge them in a manner of "long" and "short" as Sunnyside did for his). These aren't concrete and are strongly subject to change!

Tales of Legend: Rise of Heroes:

Tales of Legend: Lost Legacy

The Inner Sin:

However, it's probably not the best explanation of the RPs? I don't know, I'm just giving out the rough outline I have thus far.
    I read through those and to give my honest opinion, all three of them sound fun and interesting ideas. The first two have elements that I've been using on my own (namely the civil wars and adventuring) but still looks different enough to be 'new' to me - not to mention taking part with people I haven't really RPed with before.

The third? I'm sure I can work a way through with that one. I could just RP some sort of demon lol, depending on what's necessary to adapt for it.

... All this RP talk is making me want to go work on my fiction. But I can't, because at college later. Blergh. <.>
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Heh, whats funny is that Im working on my own possible RP about Angels and Demons, though they come to humanity in the guise of aliens.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

3. Likes Tetsanosuke liked this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Before these past few days getting on my computer once a day has been a bit of a chore, but I've been trying my best to keep diligent and keep up with the discussion of these ideas. I'm actually surprised we are the only few throwing down parts here.
    Well, the forum as a whole and the RPG section in particular is getting rather sparse. Though there do seem to be a shocking number of sign ins for most new games. That said I suspect we'll need to engage in some rather active recruitment, particularily if more than three games start up here.

[*]Endless Ocean's sign-up is gone, but the RPG thread is still there. My very first RP which I GM'd here is also gone from the archives. Ce'la'vi~[/LIST]
    Odd. You can make a quick change at the bottom of the page to make the forum display threads from its beginning, and it has stuff from before your join date, so you'd think it'd still be there.

Hmmmm. So I skipped to the end of Endless Ocean to see how things went down then. It appears you actually requested that your Endless Ocean threads be removed or closed. So maybe the mod decided to remove the sign in thread but to only lock the game? Did you have your other game destroyed?

Sad to see things go down the way the did in Endless Ocean. But we've all been there.

Last edited by sunnyside; 11-14-2013 at 11:15 AM.

5. Thanks Tetsanosuke thanked for this post
    The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am sure I was affected by something. When I think back to my older writings I realize how naive and delusional I was. I probably got upset somehow, or felt the game just went awry. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think I had a hand in it. But I tend to be self critical, even today. I just cope a bit better.

/written hastily on my iPod, just to note.
    Last edited by Tetsanosuke; 11-14-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

The Lemon Sorceress Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Gifts Kill Bill Katana Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2014 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: overlorddarthfluffles

Butts, I hit a bit of a dry spot/writers block writing out these RPs.

I know Rise of Heroes and Lost Legacy are going to be VERY similar, since both take place in the same world just different time eras. Inner Sin I started writing up and even thought of a potential Persona RP?

However now when I open up the word document MY MIND GOES BLANK.

I'm curious if any of you have suggestions on how to get over writers block or find inspiration? Also, anyone else think of any RP ideas?

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Butts, I hit a bit of a dry spot/writers block writing out these RPs.

I know Rise of Heroes and Lost Legacy are going to be VERY similar, since both take place in the same world just different time eras. Inner Sin I started writing up and even thought of a potential Persona RP?

However now when I open up the word document MY MIND GOES BLANK.

I'm curious if any of you have suggestions on how to get over writers block or find inspiration? Also, anyone else think of any RP ideas?
    I'd suggest focusing on what you need to focus on. What I mean is that you'll be temped to think about all manner of things on the other side of the planet from where the players will be.

I strongly suggest against trying to launch multiple games at once. Pick one that you think you could get going, and focus on it (maybe pick the first one that will get you writing again). Write up the stuff you need to get players started and that you need for the approval process (which isn't much, though do look it up in the sticky threads). The clarity of focus may get you rolling.

9. Likes Tetsanosuke liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've had this problem writing my story, but getting past a writers' block is still a pain. This is what I usually do;

I do what sunnyside does, usually. I sit there and force myself to not get distracted/procrastinate. I'll do this until something comes to mind. I'll write it down, elaborate as best as I can. Usually it's not really that good.

What I then do, once I have this basic elaboration, is I go away and do something that allows me at a glance to take a moment and think back on what I wrote earlier. Usually this results in me thinking on it enough where ideas on how to better improve it and make better sense of it happen, and then I go back and write those down since that moment of thought and stuff ends up killing the writers' block and I have plenty ideas on my mind to write down and consider.

It probably doesn't work too good but it's what I tend to do. Sit and think of something basic that over the course of the next few hours or day - maybe even at night when I'm trying to sleep - I can think on and come up with ways to improve. Sometimes there is a point where it's physically not possible to think too deep, in which case something light, that you can mull over, expand, take considerations and possibilities for as they come to you later on, is what I go for.

Yes, I'm strange.

The Fire Rage In Meh! Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy has a reputation beyond repute Galactic Pretty Boy's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Favorite Systems Xbox 360 Gabumon
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2013 02:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StormTroopedOUT

*pops in* I really like tetsanosuke's The Lost rp as well as princessLemon's Tales of Legend: Lost Legacy

*pops out*
    *Glittering Crux*

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So I've written a rough draft of the background of "The Lost" game. It's not complete, as I need to still briefly go over how to create a Changeling and what other things are. I just wanted opinions and see if it sparks interest. Point out spelling/grammar/suggest better ways to word things etc.

This is just the background fluff, plot points will be kept to myself of course. I'm also debating where to have it take place.

The Lost - Beautiful Madness

I'm using material from a table-top game, and would like to make sure it is known that a fair number of these ideas are the property of Whitewolf Games.

The True Fae and their Demesne
    There is a realm beyond mortal scrutiny, Arcadia or otherwise known as Faerie. Here preside beings of almost constant flux, beings whose form is composed of their whim, and their whims are nearly inscrutable. They are the True Fae. The Others are fascinated by mortals, and feed off of their emotions. Glamour powers their ancient Contracts, bound with forces of nature through the influence of the Wyrd; a force of beautiful madness. They are creatures of godly influence in their realms and reflect some of this power in the realm material.

Taken and Forgotten

Sometimes the Gentry take mortals with them into their realm, play with them, love them, hate them, or perhaps keep them as a trophy. What's worse, they usually leave something in the person's place; a fetch.This creature takes on mortal's life never knowing itself to be any different than the original. Usually there is very little evidence of a disappearance because of this.

Arcadia and the Durance
    Taken, lured, or by chance stumbling into the path of a True Fae imposes a great deal on mortals. To put it bluntly: they do not belong there and over time their experience there, usually called the Durance, changes them. Perhaps for the better, but usually for the worse. Their omnipotent captors do what they please, and it isn't always consistent, and rarely does it ever make true sense in the long run.

The Change and the World of the Fae
    Mortals who survive this Durance and manage to escape these deity-like captors navigate their way through The Hedge: The bridge-realm between the mundane world and the beautiful chaos of Faerie.

The Hedge is a wondrously beautiful place, where the surreal meets reality. But no matter it's beauty, there lays many dangers between the thorns and brambles. Time is not always consistent, and normal logic doesn't always apply. These lands are occupied by Hobgoblins, the generic term for Hedge-creatures with sentience. They, too, don't always make sense.

The Results of the Change
    Upon returning the once mortals realize they have been changed, they could have become scaly like a dragon or furry like a beast (or be changed in other ways). There are some who seem to embody elements of the world and others who embody various forms of beauty. No one else notices this about them. The Wyrd becomes their facade, their 'mask' covering their true 'miene'. Only others like them see them for who they really are.

Their experience in Faerie is so powerful, perhaps damaging to the psyche that very few remember much more than how it felt, perhaps some semblance of what occurred, and possibly some notion of the time they felt pass. (Even then, it's blurry and wyrd [hah]) In the end it usually comes down to a deep seated fear of returning, churned with a microscopic twist of morbid desire for the trek.

You Are The Lost
    You have been changed by your time in Faerie, and return to a world that is still distant to you, haunted by the nightmares of that maddening place. You control forces you could not before, speaking with flame or vanishing like smoke in one's breath. What do you do now that you know there are others like you and forces beyond normal comprehension? What did you experience and how did it change you? What else about you will change now that you're facing a mundane world interwoven with the brambles of Faerie?

13. Likes Galactic Pretty Boy liked this post
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Interesting read, though there's little there that I didn't already know from when you first suggested it.

I want to hear where/what time period it's going to take place, once you figure that out, so I can try to get more of an understanding for the 'universe' involved. I guess I might struggle at first whilst I come to understand the supernatural aspects (there's a term I want to use but goddamnit it's slipped my tongue), but there's nothing wrong with that. xP

I'd still like to hear more expanded details of your other ideas if you're still considering them. In the meantime I'll probably just bounce back and forth and re-read that a few times and try to figure out the best way to get my RP character into it. Understanding the laws and forces of the world - what's considered 'normal', what's considered 'unnatural' or paranormal - might help too. =)

Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Interesting read, though there's little there that I didn't already know from when you first suggested it.

I want to hear where/what time period it's going to take place, once you figure that out, so I can try to get more of an understanding for the 'universe' involved. I guess I might struggle at first whilst I come to understand the supernatural aspects (there's a term I want to use but goddamnit it's slipped my tongue), but there's nothing wrong with that. xP

I'd still like to hear more expanded details of your other ideas if you're still considering them. In the meantime I'll probably just bounce back and forth and re-read that a few times and try to figure out the best way to get my RP character into it. Understanding the laws and forces of the world - what's considered 'normal', what's considered 'unnatural' or paranormal - might help too. =)
    Ahh- well, the setting is modern day Earth. I'm still deciding what city/town could be interesting.

What is 'normal' is everyday life on Earth, the day by day passing of time that we all as 'humans' experience. Science, relationships, etc. The only difference between this modern day and our IRL reality is that it is distinctly darker, crime and corruption are more rampant.

What is paranormal isn't so simply defined, because there are many supernatural influences hiding in the shadows of the world. As far as Changelings are concerned, the power of the Wyrd is an ever constant known. The Wyrd is the binding force of Fae energy that connects The Lost with all that is embodied by the Hedge, and of course Arcadia. Their time under the thumb of a True Fae has warped them into such a state.

Fae magic is centered by ancient laws between forces of nature and forces of ideas. One's word is there bond in a formal pact, as the Wyrd punishes those who break oaths. The oaths and contracts made by any one of Fae connection can grant power, supernatural or mundane, if made with the right forces. But this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'll be attempting to be more concise when I get the chance to sit down at a computer and think about it.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ah, I see. It took me a few reads but I think I understand it. To be honest, I just wanted to know if certain things (like basic magic) would be considered 'normal' but seeing as you stated it's going to be an alternate-present setting then I can see what would be normal and paranormal.

On the subject of the Fae magic and the changes people undergo due to what happened to them, would the concept of flight be an acceptable gained 'ability'? I mean my character has wings, that's all. I don't know how things like that would work, so I'm considering setting him up for the RP without them because it might be a bit too strange for someone to have wings that 'mundane' people can't see. Imagine all the problems he's going to have getting bumped into as he is, lol.

Still waiting on your other ideas and other peoples' opinions though.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

so I'm considering setting him up for the RP without them
    Personally I like that idea if you're going to use that same core character concept in any game you play. At least that way your characters would be different to an extent.

Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ah, I see. It took me a few reads but I think I understand it. To be honest, I just wanted to know if certain things (like basic magic) would be considered 'normal' but seeing as you stated it's going to be an alternate-present setting then I can see what would be normal and paranormal.

On the subject of the Fae magic and the changes people undergo due to what happened to them, would the concept of flight be an acceptable gained 'ability'? I mean my character has wings, that's all. I don't know how things like that would work, so I'm considering setting him up for the RP without them because it might be a bit too strange for someone to have wings that 'mundane' people can't see. Imagine all the problems he's going to have getting bumped into as he is, lol.

Still waiting on your other ideas and other peoples' opinions though.
    Until I have time to refine it all, some quick answers:

Mortals (Humans without fae magic, vampiric powers or mage-magic) don't know of the supernatural, and usually try their best to rationally explain strange occurrences. From the perspective of Changelings and all fae magic, the Wyrd almost seamlessly wipes away direct memory of perceived supernatural phenomenon in most cases perhaps 15 minutes after observing it. Only the strongest willed humans or humans under a pact with fae (Whether it be near-human changelings or hedgebeasts in disguise) can see past their masks and remember the powers observed (Or other supernatural denizens with applicable powers, but that's not something Changelings always know about).

... I tried to make it simple. Look at me now.

TL : DR Changelings are different because they have become supernatural beings, mortals are just people without a clue, and if they have a clue it's an extraordinary circumstance. Thus magic is completely foreign to the mundane state of the material realm. (We could go deeper into this sort of discussion if I was to run a Mage inspired game, but let's focus of the Brambles~)

As a response to the whole 'wings idea', as a comparison, when I've played this game in the past with dice or cards and everything; what you looked like cosmetically was completely up to you. Wings, horns, giant teeth etc. But in order to gain benefit from such cosmetic things you'd have to take powers/character traits to make it happen. Since this will be a much more open setting seeing as it's not bogged down by game mechanics I'd imagine your character as of the Fairest Seeming (Changeling with features related to being an embodiment of beauty) of the Draconic Kith (The beauty found in the power of Dragons).

Reasonably, in this writing-based setting you could have wings that let you fly, but when you fly in broad daylight some of that information can leak through the power of the Wyrd, and some mortals will remember seeing that man flying in the sky (they wont see your draconic features, but they may sure as damn well call someone and start rumors.) The main restraint, in this sort of story than would be the security of (whatever remains) of your identity against a world that doesn't understand you, ergo would fear/stigmatize you. You might attract attention of the local Sam-Dean team, and your life might be in danger.

I thought I'd address this concisely but I have seemingly failed. It's difficult to describe it when you've been so accustomed to the setting for so long and it's almost second nature. Hahah.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I thought I'd address this concisely but I have seemingly failed. It's difficult to describe it when you've been so accustomed to the setting for so long and it's almost second nature. Hahah.
    I think you explained it pretty well. To be honest I think the terminology and 'lore' (that was the word I wanted to use in my previous post) of this world and its setting will take some time for me to get used to - but then if I were to decide to bring the world of me and my friends' RP here, I would expect you to take time to acclimatise to it as well.

I think it's kinda fun to try. That's the whole point of RP, anyway.

As on the subject of the wings anyways, well at least now I know it would be 'possible'. Whether or not it would be reasonable is a different matter. I wouldn't be abusing it anyway. What 'abilities' my character would probably have is enhanced strength, control of fire (to various degrees, such as fire-breath and more traditional magic-style stuff) and possibly flight - y'know, traditional hallmarks of a dragon. The wings I can probably do without, but the rest I'd like to keep.

Oh, and that Supernatural reference. Oh lordy. I should watch some episodes of that now, heh.

The Lemon Sorceress Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

So yo, now that we finished filming my little short film a lot of my stress has gone (people didn't do their job and actors dropped 2 days before forcing me to learn ALL the lines of that character and be the actor along with Director AND screenwriter x.x) I can get to working on another RP and expand on Harmonia.

@sunnyside - I see you and dreamer are doing small RPing but would you be opposed to me advancing it a bit for everyone to see if we can get some more action in it? I only post this hear because I don't wanna TRIPLE post in the Harmonia OOC

Also for everyone, I'll probably be going with the whole "Lost Legacy" RP, however I had a random inspiration of another RP idea and that is a Magical Girl RP? It wouldn't be fluffy rainbow either, I mean it would have fluffy rainbows but it'd have a darker tone to it. If not I can just shelf it for now.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

- I see you and dreamer are doing small RPing but would you be opposed to me advancing it a bit for everyone to see if we can get some more action in it? I only post this hear because I don't wanna TRIPLE post in the Harmonia OOC
    You mean skipping ahead a couple days? That should be fine, I'll just advance us and "catch up" at an opportune time.

Also for everyone, I'll probably be going with the whole "Lost Legacy" RP, however I had a random inspiration of another RP idea and that is a Magical Girl RP? It wouldn't be fluffy rainbow either, I mean it would have fluffy rainbows but it'd have a darker tone to it. If not I can just shelf it for now.
    I suspect the Magical Girl RP would work a lot better with the typical player base here.

If you do make a game that's "adventure" based you may have to give it some extra thought. The tabletop types tend to be frustrated by the level of abstraction in games here (vs operating on a game with a few hundred pages of rules and a whiteboard or something showing the layout in precise distances). Those that enjoy the abstraction have not, in my experience, taken overly well to what I think you mean by an adventure. However I'd be intrigued if you could pull it off.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    I suspect the Magical Girl RP would work a lot better with the typical player base here.

If you do make a game that's "adventure" based you may have to give it some extra thought. The tabletop types tend to be frustrated by the level of abstraction in games here (vs operating on a game with a few hundred pages of rules and a whiteboard or something showing the layout in precise distances). Those that enjoy the abstraction have not, in my experience, taken overly well to what I think you mean by an adventure. However I'd be intrigued if you could pull it off.
    I've never played tabletop games but I've been pretty good at just making up random RP world-related things that makes some sort of logical sense O_o (although I will admit that yes, I did work out the geographical size of my friends' world's main country just because). Not that it ruins the mood if I don't, but I just like the details.

That said, I wouldn't have interest in a magical girls' RP. I'm admitting that I haven't watched anime in a few years now (and this is pissing me off because I want to watch Sword Art Online and Kill la Kill because both are really really good ¬_¬) but yeah. It depends on who else is interested in what but I wouldn't be taking part in a magical girls-based one. Sorry. :/

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Might as well throw my idea out here:

One of my ideas for a RP is going to be based off of the WipeOut series. The story will take place during the FX500, or the "Fury" campaign, which is part of the WipeOut HD Fury Expansion pack. The idea is that the RP is going to be around the Junior Series, which is designed for newcomers and younger pilots, which will be played alongside with the FX500 on certain tracks and during certain periods of the championship.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Happy new year everybody.

I've put in my approval request for The School of Seven Towers. As I recall there's an RPG group here on AF. I might use that as a place to assemble the sign in and the first post of the RP Thread.

I'm trying to decide if letting people comment on a game before it's finalized and launched is a good idea or a horrible one. It will likely be a while before the game launches, not just because of waiting on LPS, but also because I rather want to get Nightmarchers totally finished first, and maybe square away some things in real life.

I'm also a bit worried about how quite things are on this board and AF in general. How are things going in life and RP requests with the rest of you?

25. Likes Tetsanosuke liked this post
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

If youre having issues with getting responses from LPS just let me know. I speak with her on a daily biases and will be happy to let her know a request has been put through.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh. I'd just sent the request out. And it'll probably be a month or more before I launch it regardless.

Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've been having trouble getting myself on the computer as of late, with work and other things. With the college semester starting back up, it doesn't bode well.

I haven't made any paper-progress with any of my RPG ideas, as lately the inspiration has been waning.

All in all I'm hanging in there.

Gil
    Starving
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I've been having issues getting solid ideas for an RP down to run, I got ideas listed but they seem scattered

Otherwise I'm alright, just trying to figure out what I'm doing with myself and that can bog someone down pretty bad

Junior Member ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu has a reputation beyond repute ChibiAmaterasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2014 05:32 PM
    In a book, on a bookshelf, in a bookcase, in a library
    Threads

-Priority-

!!! We need first to find out what Races we are having before we can move into magic !!!
    --
    !!! After Creating the creatures, we can allocate magic for the races !!!
    --
    !!! Then after doing both of these we have the base for what are the inhabitants are in the rp and what abilities they use !!

Oh look a Roleplay Idea filled with potential! I might as well jump in ^.^

((Ima like write down what we got so far so yeah, and help a little maybe... i dunnoo))

Sooo... to get organized, what type of 'Creatures/Races' are there going to be? and How complex are we making our race diversity? <--- i prefer the classic elf, dwarf and human along with several others

Then we got the Magic Probelm, which we cant decide what kind of magic there will be, so we have to sort that out

And we need some rp ideas which is a bit tricky considering the other two things arent done :/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race:

-Human
    -Elf ((???))
    -Dwarf ((???))
    -Fae ((???))
    -Dragonic ((???))

Magic

-Fae Magic ((???))

-
    Last edited by ChibiAmaterasu; 01-06-2014 at 03:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information