AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 'learn something along the way' contest!

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 01:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default The 'learn something along the way' contest!

I find that there are a lot of talented artists out here on AF that don't get to show their fullest potential. Remember when some of you suddenly had a muse and you suddenly made something so great that you just had to share it with AF? I'm here hoping to revive that and make it into something constant with this contest.

In this contest there will be 3 big rounds. Winner will get a special painting I personally made for you on request (it can be ANYTHING) and shipped to you, for free of course!

Because I want to you to learn something through out this contest, I will be doing three rounds:

Round 1: Drawing.

What is it?
    • This can be a drawing of any size.
    • Can be digital if you want it to be
    • Be original when you get the theme
    • No colours, no digital painting, just a basic pencil drawing

Round 2: Drawing or painting

What is it?
    • This can be a drawing or a painting of any size.
    • Can be digital if you want it to be
    • Colours are allowed on the drawings. You can use any kind of paint and you can use any kind of technique you want.

Round 3: Drawing, painting or sculpting
    What is it?
    • This can be a drawing, painting or sculpture of any size.
    • Can be digital if you want it to be (only for painting and drawing)
    • For sculptures you can use anything, going from clay, cans, bottles even to Origami.

Q&A

Q: Why are there 3 rounds?
    A: Like I said, I want you to learn something. So many talented people here, and it's not always used to its fullest potential. Each round I will make my criteria more difficult.
    With each round I will put help links that can help you on your way. Ever wanted to learn how to paint but never really knew where to start? Follow the links I'll be posting to learn a bit. This way you'll not only try something new and expand you horizon, but you'll also learn something new!

Q: Who will be judging?
    A: Me and 2 other judges.

Q: How exactly will we be judged and on what?
    A: You will be judged on: Originality (what you made), The idea behind your work (expression) and the execution (technique).

So you could have a really bad drawing, but your idea behind it could be so epic you could win!

Q: So I can draw, paint or sculpt anything I want?
    A: Yes. It is my intention to give you a free theme and hoping you'll dig deep into you mind to come up with something....interesting!

Q: Will I get more points if I do a sculpture or painting over a drawing?
    A: Yes! But remember: if your execution or expression is bad, you'll lose points.

Q: How much time will we get?
    A: Two full weeks (14 days). After each round the judges will take 3 days to judge. On the 4th day the winners will be announced. If you win, you can proceed to the next round. We'll list the names of the winners.

Q: How many people can/will join?
    A: As many as AF can shoot at me.

Q: How will you decide the amount of winners then?
    A: We will choose the top 10 for the first round. For the second round a top 3 and for the last one, there can be only one.

If there are any questions, fire away.

If you want to join, write: "I want to join!" or something along those lines.

Registration ends on the 4th of July!
    Last edited by Mr. Panda; 06-28-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    Not everything is black and white like that.

Butylicious Rainbou Bouddica Boutie Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Toast Chilled Monkey Brains Dodge Viper SRT10
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2013 05:47 PM
    Threads

Default Re: The 'learn something along the way' contest!

I want to join!

| Requests are closed | tumblr

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Me too! Sounds very interesting~ ^.^

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Hmm, this sounds pretty interesting actually. Im always up for trying new things and learning experiences, so I'll join =3

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Sounds like a good idea. I want in.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Sounds like epic fun!
    Count me in!

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Alright, after a short hiatus of mine (seriously, you have no idea how lonely I've been without a computer), I'm proud to say that from here on out the registration starts!

The registration ends next week on the 4th of July (Holidays ftw!).

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ME too!! i want too
    Last edited by Jozette; 06-28-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Senior Member SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Rageface PPG Blossom
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SerenityFayeSpiegel

I'll join, only to be nice to Hel.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Congrats to those who are registered!

The ones who have registered are:
    @Bou
    @Princess Cupcake
    @MaruDashi
    @CrimsonMoon
    @grell loves jozette
    @SerenityFaye
    @Ellipsis

Round 1:

Round 1: Drawing.

What is it?

This can be a drawing of any size.
    Can be digital if you want it to be
    Be original when you get the theme
    No colours, no digital painting, just a basic pencil drawing

Theme
    To start off: it's a free theme! DO WHATEVER YOU WISH.

Rules
    - You submit your drawings by sending them to ME in a PM. This way I want to prevent other people from stealing ideas or pressuring people into thinking: "Omg, his drawing is better!"
    - No cheating by having your drawing done by someone else. Remember, I've lurked these forums long enough to know who draws in which style.
    - You can resend your drawing in as many times as you want, but you'll have to choose a definite drawing on the 18th of July so I won't have 5 drawings of you and I don't know which one you want to submit.
    - Deadline is the 19th of July.

How many people will go on to the next round?
    Four people.

Tips and tricks?

Realism:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009...ional-drawing/

Manga:
    http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/howtodraw/tutorials.html

How to draw manga (or Manga Uni) is a great website where you can find free tutorials to draw certain things. You'll find tips, tricks, anything basically!

Abstract

Abstract art is not bound by rules. So feel free to try anything!

Landscapes

Instead of just sharing random 'how to draw landscape' videos I decided to give you guys the chance to learn how to use perspective. Because after all, without perspective in your drawings, your landscape will look flat and boring.

This was it. The deadline for this round is ON 19TH OF JULY.

SEE YOU THEN!
    Last edited by Mr. Panda; 07-03-2012 at 08:16 PM.

11. Likes FluffyEmjay liked this post
    AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Good luck everyone ( I need it)

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

@Helvetica
    - Can be digital if you want it to be
    - No colours, no digital painting, just a basic pencil drawing
    What do you mean? Do you want it to be digital drawing or traditional drawing?

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

@CrimsonMoon

You can make it digital, I just meant, don't add colours to it whether it's digital or traditional.

15. Thanks CrimsonMoon thanked for this post
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

@Bou
    @Princess Cupcake
    @MaruDashi
    @CrimsonMoon
    @Grell Loves Jozette
    @SerenityFaye
    @Ellipsis

Don't forget, tomorrow is the deadline!

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Just to clearify, when is the absolute latest you will be accepting entries? (I'm a bit of a procrastinator...) Tomorrow? Or at the end of the day today?

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I didn't really specify what time did I? Let's say the latest at 23:59 your time. Still counts at 19th.

Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am at my grandma's so i can't scan my drawing in i have to dropout :::;(
    hella

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Take a picture of it?

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The entries have been submitted. I waited 12 hours longer because I didn't mention a time, which was confusing for some people. The judging will begin shortly and the word will be out in 3 days.

Good luck to you all!

22. Likes Bulf liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information