AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wallpaper of the Month [September 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Wallpaper of the Month [September 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

.: Wallpaper of the Month :.

Theme: Disasters

I'm sure that all of you remember the tragic events of 9/11/2001. This month will be exactly 10 years and I think this is a good way to remember those, who have lost their lives back then.
    The theme is rather simple and straight forward; make a wallpaper that represents any kind of disaster.

RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
    1. The wallpaper must be your own work (if not you get the boot );
    2. The wallpaper must not be already on AW;
    3. Animation may not be used;
    4. Hentai will not be accepted, however mild ecchi is allowed;
    5. Only Anime and Games related wallpapers will be accepted;
    6. Allowed sizes are 4:3 (minimum 1280x960), 5:4 (minimum 1280x1024), 5:3 (wide screen, minimum 1280x768), 16:9 (wide screen, minimum 1280x720) and 16:10 (wide screen, minimum 1280x800). There is no top limit, just keep it within the aspect ratios (more info about the ratios here)!!!
    7. All entries must have "Animewallpapers.com" along with your forum name on the bottom of your entry (all of the submissions will be compared to the AW.com regulations and uploaded on the site);
    8. All posts must include the anime/game name the characters on their wallpaper are from. If the characters don't belong anywhere categorize them as "Miscellaneous";
    9. All posts must include the links to the original stocks used;
    10. You are allowed to submit only one wallpaper, however you can submit more different aspect ratios of the same wallpaper;
    11. You can change your wallpaper as many times as you wish until we close the submission thread (this thread) by editing your post;
    12. By entering, you are giving the Anime Globe Productions LLC irrevocable right to use your entry through site promotion and so on (Artists will still be credited).

OTHER INFO:
    • Submissions are to be submitted into this thread;
    • This thread is for submissions and questions only. Each post without a submission or a question posted will be deleted and depending of the moderator's decision, the user may receive an infraction. Comments will be allowed in the results thread;
    • The submission thread closes September 30;
    • For stocks check the Resources sticky or the Uploads subforum (don't forget to give appropriate credit on the wallpaper for extractions used).

THE PRIZES:
    1st place: $25 Amazon/iTunes gift certificate (the winner will decide which of the two options they want);
    2nd place: This hat*: Click image for larger version

Name:	Raccoon-Hat.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	49975
    3rd place: See who left reputation (from the AF shop).

* Requires the winner to provide a valid address where the prize will be submitted to. If the prize is declined, it'll go to the third place winner, and so on.

Staff choice: a tag and the badge

Good luck to everyone and ... try to stay safe.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [September 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Does it have to have the actual disaster in it? Or can it be like a symbolic tribute?

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Wallpaper of the Month [September 2011] - 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate

Disaster is a relative term. Think of it like this... a disaster to a teenager is having their outfit ruined. It could be a wall with someone spilling something, or the end of Evangelion. Have fun with it!
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It's pretty much like Minako explained. I'm not looking for wallpapers with car accidents or collapsing buildings. It can be anything that could be defined as a disaster from any point of view.

To answer your question directly, yes, it can be symbolic.

Member bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond has a reputation beyond repute bluediamond's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Cookie Gir
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by bluediamond; 11-12-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Junior Member heki_11j is on a distinguished road heki_11j's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2011 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Dunno if it went through since someone's is already accepted before mine.

LINK OF MY CONTEST ENTRY:
    http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8...rseptember.jpg
    or
    http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/...rSeptember.jpg

FONTS:
    "Arial" , "Rock It" and "Rebound"

QUOTE:
    "Accident Prone Area"

SOURCES:
    http://alenajay.deviantart.com/art/B...0pattern&qo=29
    http://jmuirhead.deviantart.com/art/...ackground&qo=0
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...wirefence.png/
    http://www.zerochan.net/605859

CHARACTERS:
    Adachi Hana and Shinagawa Daichi of Yanki-kun To Megane-chan by Yoshikawa Miki

By,
    Heki_11j
    Last edited by heki_11j; 09-30-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Both entries are to small. Photobucket resized them. Use ImageShack, our gallery or the manage attachments feature to submit your entries.

Junior Member heki_11j is on a distinguished road heki_11j's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2011 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Mine has imageshack its 1280 by 800

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I totally never saw this thread :|

Last day entry ftw?

----------------
    Series/Game: Vocaloid
    Characters: Rin and Len kagamine

Credit goes to Yufa for the render

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	disaster.jpg‎
Views:	90
Size:	972.0 KB
ID:	51077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kagamine_Len_et_Kagamine_Rin-2.png‎
Views:	51
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	51076  
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 09-30-2011 at 11:54 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2013 05:10 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Anime: One Piece
    Character: Smoker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	smoker.jpg‎
Views:	69
Size:	417.5 KB
ID:	51090   Click image for larger version

Name:	smokervector.jpg‎
Views:	47
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	51091  

+ Reply to Thread