AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What anime deserves more credit?

Member Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2011 11:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up What anime deserves more credit?

The title says it. What anime do you think deserves more credit?

We all know theres popular and less popular anime.
    But why is this? I've seen less popular anime that i think were better than anime like naruto or bleach. Have you guys?

And while we're at it.. Also pick an anime that gets to much credit according to you guys ^^

example: I believe these two anime should be better known:
    -Darker than Black (The only reason people I know saw this is because i recommended it)
    -Chrono Crusade (I loved it but no one I know had watched it D: )

anime that get too much credit:
    -Naruto... (theres quite a good story... but the fillers ohhhh the fillers... and I don't want to know EVERY enemy's background story )

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

Default Re: What anime deserves more credit?

Animes that I think that deserves more credit.

Monster - Maybe because the pacing is slow but I think this series is brilliant.
    Cromartie High School - Extremely hilarious but nobody talks about it. Maybe because it lacks moe blobs.
    Sora no Woto - Yes there's moe but the setting is one interesting and beautiful world. The story is not bad too.
    Cross Game - An excellent romance/sports anime. I guess the slow pacing and old-school character designs turns people off.
    Mitchiko to Hatchin - I dunno why people ignored this anime but it's one of the better recent shows.
    Now and Then, Here and There - One of my favorite animes yet not a lot of folks talk about it.

There's a lot more but this is all I could think of so far...

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Cornillie View Post
    -Chrono Crusade (I loved it but no one I know had watched it D: )
    I agree on Chrno Crusade...It really is a nice anime
    Last edited by Nesh; 03-20-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

The One and Only knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 02:58 PM
    Threads

The anime that deserves more credit is:

Pilot Candidate (not that many people have heard of this anime and are willing to give it a chance. It has great characters and a great story)

Anime with to much credit:

Pokemon (I hate Pokemon)
    Good and Evil have never been this cute

Member Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie is a splendid one to behold Jeffrey Cornillie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by avril4e View Post
    I agree on Chrno Crusade...It really is a nice anime
    yeaaaahhh the ending was soo sad

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by knives1019 View Post
    The anime that deserves more credit is:

Pilot Candidate (not that many people have heard of this anime and are willing to give it a chance. It has great characters and a great story)

Anime with to much credit:

Pokemon (I hate Pokemon)
    Pilot Candidate?? you're right never even heard of it
    what's it about??

and really?? you HATE Pokemon?? it's not THAT good but come on ö Pokemon simply IS my childhood ö
    I used to love it since it was the only anime aired in my country... (and of course i also liked it because I was a little kid )

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Muffin View Post
    Animes that I think that deserves more credit.

Monster - Maybe because the pacing is slow but I think this series is brilliant.
    Cromartie High School - Extremely hilarious but nobody talks about it. Maybe because it lacks moe blobs.
    Sora no Woto - Yes there's moe but the setting is one interesting and beautiful world. The story is not bad too.
    Cross Game - An excellent romance/sports anime. I guess the slow pacing and old-school character designs turns people off.
    Mitchiko to Hatchin - I dunno why people ignored this anime but it's one of the better recent shows.
    Now and Then, Here and There - One of my favorite animes yet not a lot of folks talk about it.

There's a lot more but this is all I could think of so far...
    I seriously haven't heard of ANY of those anime ö I have alot of catching up to do ^^
    which one of these do you think is best?

Member marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2011 12:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Cornillie View Post
    Pilot Candidate?? you're right never even heard of it
    what's it about??
    I'm also curious. Pilot Candidate -- The Candidate for Goddess (Megami Kouhosei)? That series is cut too short.

I enjoyed watching Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure, and I think it deserves more credit. I read a harsh review saying that the series is just an Evangelion rip-off.

Senior Member Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru has a reputation beyond repute Penshiru's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2013 11:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spp67

I think Welcome to the NHK deserves some credit. For an orgianl idea at least

Senior Member Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Ice Ornament Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2012 06:31 PM
    Threads

Anime that deserves more credit:
    Hunter x Hunter (well, it might be more popular if the manga wasn't always going on hiatus), a movie or side stories would be great. On the manga chapter covers and anime opening and endings, it shows the main characters on adventures they never go on(or it just doesn't show them going on), I would like to see them. Would also like to see more merchandise for HXH.

Canaan, I don't know anyone who has seen this anime =( it's really good and very interesting, lots of action.

Anime with too much credit:
    Naruto and One Piece is way too popular, they have so much merchandise and AMVs on Youtube (and other video sites). I don't have a problem with One Piece being overrated =) I like it. I wish Hunter x Hunter and Canaan were overrated XD
    Naruto I don't care for, I don't like it and I don't hate it.
    Last edited by Videlreyes; 03-25-2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pilot Candidate was very good but it didn't get to finish, so it's a great show has a very uncomplete story.
    -TWM-

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Videlreyes View Post
    Anime that deserves more credit:
    Hunter x Hunter (well, it might be more popular if the manga wasn't always going on hiatus), a movie or side stories would be great. On the manga chapter covers and anime opening and endings, it shows the main characters on adventures they never go on(or it just doesn't show them going on), I would like to see them. Would also like to see more merchandise for HXH.

Canaan, I don't know anyone who has seen this anime =( it's really good and very interesting, lots of action.
    Hunter x Hunter is pretty well known (I think) I know it and have seen some ads on websites about it
    I just googled Canaan and it certainly LOOKS like something I'd like care to tell me more about it?

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Wing Man View Post
    Pilot Candidate was very good but it didn't get to finish, so it's a great show has a very uncomplete story.
    aww I hate that kind i always get soo into my animes I hate it when one doesn't end ö even for ongoing series (I'm too lazy and forgetful to watch every week )

Junior Member KekoOji is on a distinguished road KekoOji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2011 09:06 PM
    Threads

Bakuman. Bakuman deserves so much more! It should be mainstream! Also, K-On! was pretty good I couldnt stop watching.

Senior Member Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth has a reputation beyond repute Twelfth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 09:12 AM
    Threads

- Time of Eve
    - Eden of the East
    - Paranoia Agent

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Vampire Knight also deserves more credit >w<

Senior Member MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon has a reputation beyond repute MirrorToTheMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2011 06:03 AM
    Threads

I agree on Chrno Crusade and Bakuman. I love those series. :3
    Also, Yozakura Quartet, Pandora Hearts, and Bakemonogatari deserve more credit. Those series are some epic stuff. >:

Signature by myself :3

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay new rule
    give a short explanation of the anime
    seeing all these gets me curious but I'm too lazy to look them up
    meet me half way here (or all the way )

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Fantastic Children, don't think I ever heard anyone mention it. Has a great story if you give it a chance. Slow pace though the end doesn't feel rushed.

As for anime that gets too much credit, for now I'm gonna go with Death Note. It's predictable and the main character isn't even likable by the end. Not to mention the fact that the two final protagonists (forget their names) seem to have just been pulled out of the anime's ***.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Fantastic Children, don't think I ever heard anyone mention it. Has a great story if you give it a chance. Slow pace though the end doesn't feel rushed.

As for anime that gets too much credit, for now I'm gonna go with Death Note. It's predictable and the main character isn't even likable by the end. Not to mention the fact that the two final protagonists (forget their names) seem to have just been pulled out of the anime's ***.
    I always thought Near and Mello were well placed into the anime >w>; i mean hey had a really good backstory connection with L, i thought the way they introduced them was creative more than random x3

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Yes, they had a back story, but they really where just put in to extend the anime. They could have easily ended it after a single season with Light and L going at it. Just felt drawn out.

Senior Member Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Ice Ornament Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2012 06:31 PM
    Threads

Canaan is about a virus that gives some people weird and cool powers, but they need medicine to live with the virus or they die. And terrorists are trying to spread the virus to others and a girl assassin tries to stop them. More interesting than it sounds. I want the boxset! =3

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Videlreyes View Post
    Canaan is about a virus that gives some people weird and cool powers, but they need medicine to live with the virus or they die. And terrorists are trying to spread the virus to others and a girl assassin tries to stop them. More interesting than it sounds. I want the boxset! =3
    I've watched the first 3 episodes ^^
    It seems fun... Haven't seen any cool powers yet though... or I may not have been paying enough attention

Senior Member YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2011 04:49 AM
    Threads

The likes of Peach Girl & Rumbling Hearts deserves more credit in my opinion as they're quite under-rated ^^

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

More anime that I think deserves more credit:

Honey and Clover - An excellent Josei anime. Characters are emotionally rich and the romance realistic.
    Kannagi - One of the funniest animes of 2008. I believe it was licensed but it was very low-key.
    Kure-Nai - Another great anime from 2008. A slice-of-life with fascinating themes and excellent animation. The heroine is also pretty adorable.
    Maria+Holic - Not one of Shinbo's best but the crazy and absurd humor is the highlight here.
    Minami-Ke - It's not Azumanga Daioh but this series is extremely hilarious. It also has the best show within a show. Shame seasons 2 and 3 aren't good as the first.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Violinist of Hameln - This one gets knocked down for two reasons, and two reasons only.

1) The animation (or, rather, lack thereof): The anime was created with a low budget. Rather than take the usual route and poorly animate it, the series instead uses a lot of still (beautifully drawn) cell shots. I wish this didn't bother the number of people it seems to.
    2) The story is grim/dark as hell. Yes, this bothers people. Somehow. It's one of my favorite features.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Muffin View Post
    More anime that I think deserves more credit:

Honey and Clover - An excellent Josei anime. Characters are emotionally rich and the romance realistic.
    Kannagi - One of the funniest animes of 2008. I believe it was licensed but it was very low-key.
    Kure-Nai - Another great anime from 2008. A slice-of-life with fascinating themes and excellent animation. The heroine is also pretty adorable.
    Maria+Holic - Not one of Shinbo's best but the crazy and absurd humor is the highlight here.
    Minami-Ke - It's not Azumanga Daioh but this series is extremely hilarious. It also has the best show within a show. Shame seasons 2 and 3 aren't good as the first.
    hmm I think I'll try watching some of them after having watched my current anime
    ohh n by the way.. Who's that in your avatar?? Where do I recognize him from?? I KNOW I KNOW him.. that's all

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fabala View Post
    Violinist of Hameln - This one gets knocked down for two reasons, and two reasons only.

1) The animation (or, rather, lack thereof): The anime was created with a low budget. Rather than take the usual route and poorly animate it, the series instead uses a lot of still (beautifully drawn) cell shots. I wish this didn't bother the number of people it seems to.
    2) The story is grim/dark as hell. Yes, this bothers people. Somehow. It's one of my favorite features.
    hmmm 1) googled it... doesn't look that bad right???
    2) well it's okay I guess.. as long as it's not continuously like that.. some breaks in between should be given...

Member marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2011 12:05 PM
    Threads

Steam Detectives and Princess Tutu also deserve more credit.
    Last edited by marsbear; 04-01-2011 at 02:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information