AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to America: Come See Our Fat People!

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Default Welcome to America: Come See Our Fat People!

[I searched for a thread like this, but couldn't find one! I'm sorry if it exists ]

I'm glad I can at least say that the majority of people in the States are in good shape, however the first thing our tourists notice is the ridiculous amount of grossly obese people in our country.

I would like to hear from non-Americans: How familiar are you with the stereotypical image of the fat American? Has it appeared in your comedy shows yet? Have you ever traveled to the U.S and witnessed the countless convenience stores full of cookies and chips? How are your eating habits?

Last night I ordered some chicken Alfredo, one serving, just for me. What I got wasn't a moderate portion, but a frickin serving platter that could feed 3 people (with 4 pieces of bread). I ate a quarter of it, and brought the rest home so my boyfriend could have it for lunch the next day. (He couldn't even finish it during his lunch). It was an absurd amount of food.

My boyfriend also commented on just wanting some celery yesterday, and how he thought it was strange that a kit-kat (chocolate bar) that had to be manufactured was more readily available than something that grew out of the ground.

So, my fellow Americans, how do you feel about being pegged as fat? What is the biggest thing contributing to the weight problem? What are your personal eating habits like?

Me thinks:
    1. Junk food is everywhere. Fresh fruits and vegetables less so.
    2. We eat all the time and are very casual about it. (In the car, between classes, our 15 minute breaks at work, etc).
    3. Our portions...are RIDICULOUS.
    A MaruDashi Creation

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Welcome to America: Come See Our Fat People!

I find everyone saying America is fat is stupid. I'm underweight. And actually it's been said in studies that your weight is genetic. Sure if you choose to eat 18772 hamburgers a year chances are you're fat regardless but yeah.

FYI- If you leave the country there are like 0 fat people... Except for obvious tourist... Or so I've heard.. From many different people who travel :/

But we're not all like that.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I dunno, I'm about 40lbs underweight, and I live in the US.

Though I can't say that the US promotes the "healthiest" diet. The Cheapest food is also the worst for you here.

Basically, there are a lot of people who would -like- to eat better, but can't afford it. (same story as with most things here really...)
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Quote Originally Posted by Buruku View Post
    Me thinks:
    1. Junk food is everywhere. Fresh fruits and vegetables less so.
    2. We eat all the time and are very casual about it. (In the car, between classes, our 15 minute breaks at work, etc).
    3. Our portions...are RIDICULOUS.
    Yeah junk food is easier to find than a penny on the ground. -___-

And I agree about the portions. I always have to ask for my food to go, seriously. They expect you to eat for two people or something. That's why if I know I'll be going to a restaurant I don't eat that much all day.

Senior Member Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 04:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The problem for weight? Everything is taken for granted. Also, you can't stop the bacon and butter. They're pretty much irresistable in my eyes.
    ooshy ooshy ooshy
    Website|Deviantart
    Msn, email, icq, Facebook? Ask

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

I can attest to the genetic claim. I've never been skinny, even when I ate healthier as a kid. But yeah, saying America is full of fatties is just stupid. Personally I see a difference between chubby and fat. Fat is where you weigh 400 pounds (obvious can be much less give size and what not). Me, I'm 6'2" and 250, and I'd just consider myself chubby. Though people have joked that I look pregnant since most of it is in my stomach. >.<,

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I spend a lot of money on groceries because I try to get good quality stuff. -__- It is expensive.

FYI- If you leave the country there are like 0 fat people... Except for obvious tourist... Or so I've heard.. From many different people who travel :/
    This is fascinating to me, because it's such a common sight here, and probably why most of the time I don't even think about it.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Senior Member Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts M1911 Battleship Favorite
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2013 07:31 AM
    Threads

Hehe, I used to eat for 3 people, now I eat about, nothing.
    Heeey!

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hey guys, here's a fun trick~

Take any random food product off the shelfs in a grocery store here in the US and check the so-called "ingredients".

It's quite appalling. I can't even pronounce half the stuff on it, let alone have any idea what it is that I'm eating. But don't worry, you can be certain that it's just cheap filler CRAP that's probably carcinogenic just so they can save a few bucks.

Why should manufactures care about health of the people so long as they're making more of a profit?
    Last edited by Skylar1; 11-17-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'm just going to leave this here.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    Hey guys, here's a fun trick~

Take any random food product off the shelfs in a grocery store here in the US and check the so-called "ingredients".

It's quite appalling. I can't even pronounce half the stuff on it, let alone have any idea what it is that I'm eating. But don't worry, you can be certain that it's just cheap filler CRAP that's probably carcinogenic just so they can save a few bucks.

Why should manufactures care about health of the people so long as they're making more of a profit?
    Actually there's been people who'd buy food from McD's and leave it out for a long time... And it won't break down.... Remember you're eating that stuff.. XD

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Actually, that's not because of chemicals. It has to do with the size of the patties. It dries out too fast for mold to take hold.

Senior Member Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2012 02:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Lassekorup

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here.
    I'm currently browsing through Samoan professional wrestlers..........and I'm lol'ing at how true it is xD

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Actually, that's not because of chemicals. It has to do with the size of the patties. It dries out too fast for mold to take hold.
    I think the meat is included as well. And hot dogs are not considered real meat anymore by walmart. They don't decompose either so they just toss them out or something because there's nothing they can do with them... My mom was telling me what they did with them one day since she works in the grocery area but I forget all the details. But I can't stand the taste of hamburgers so I still eat them anyways ;___;

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    But I can't stand the taste of hamburgers so I still eat them anyways ;___;
    Why not try veggie patties? They taste good and look delicious. That is if you get the morning star brand.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

There's also the meatless Big Mac which I hear is good. The ones by me don't carry it.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i find that the stereotypical image of an american is someone who is stupid rather than fat, something which the george bush reinforced magnificantly.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There's a whole plethora of negative stereotypes attributed to Americans. To compile a list of the ones more commonly encountered, Americans are perceived as
    • War-mongering
    • Bible-thumping
    • Ignorant of geography
    • Overweight to morbidly obese
    • Driving nothing but gas-guzzling SUV
    • Noisy, rude and with a sense misplaced of entitlement

Though I think that stereotypes aside that overweight is a problem in most of the western world.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is a media image. Because it's reported on the news so much, that is all others see. American society is more obese then they used to be, but that has to do with changes in society and how people live. Everything is instant gratification, no one wants to work for anything or put forth effort.

Laziness seems to be part of the western style for the most part.

Also, Britain also has a large number of obese people, if you watch BBC news. But Americans rarely hear about Obesity in the UK. It just depends on what news your follow, I guess.

Oh, and good link, GameGeeks .
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 11-17-2010 at 04:23 PM.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Haha, so is Germany. I always perceived them as the fat neighbor upstairs.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    There's a whole plethora of negative stereotypes attributed to Americans. To compile a list of the ones more commonly encountered, Americans are perceived as
    • War-mongering
    • Bible-thumping
    • Ignorant of geography
    • Overweight to morbidly obese
    • Driving nothing but gas-guzzling SUV
    • Noisy, rude and with a sense misplaced of entitlement
    Though I think that stereotypes aside that overweight is a problem in most of the western world.
    *sigh* I've had foreigners try to tell me where Ukraine is as well as try to explain that French is also spoken in Belgium. (I already knew both those things).
    A MaruDashi Creation

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Considering I just finished off a Health class which talked about nutrition and all that fun stuff, I could go on for hours about what's wrong with America and what's going on with the food industry- but I won't.

I'll answer the questions:

"So, my fellow Americans, how do you feel about being pegged as fat?"
    - Well, I've never really been told I'm fat, personally. I'm not underweight, I'm not overweight, I'm just the right size.
    But yeah, I've never really seen it that way. From people I've talked to, they all think that Americans are skinny little models. o_O

"What is the biggest thing contributing to the weight problem? "
    Processed foods are easy to get and don't cost a lot of money.
    It costs more to eat well and most people don't feel they can afford it.

"What are your personal eating habits like?"
    - Ehh, about half and half. Part of me eats well, and part of me eats like crap. Started telling my mom about what we were learning in class and she freaked out, now she and my dad are trying to get my family to eat more healthy with home cooked meals and stuff. Still love my chocolate. Though, from now I'm going to hear in the back of my mind, "I hope they realize each time they eat it, they're eating my flesh." *shiver*

Oh yeah, and I really liked Food Inc. *nod*
    Hard to watch at times, but overall very moving.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    I dunno, I'm about 40lbs underweight, and I live in the US.

Though I can't say that the US promotes the "healthiest" diet. The Cheapest food is also the worst for you here.

Basically, there are a lot of people who would -like- to eat better, but can't afford it. (same story as with most things here really...)
    The American lifestyle promotes obesity more than it promotes healthy living. Fast food restaurants are everywhere for "convince", because people can't / don't have time / would rather not cook, you can order food online and basically never leave your house. Technology is great, but in some ways, just makes people a lot lazier than ever before.

The fast food industry knows that obese people and other people who eat poorly keep them in business.

Of course, this can happen anywhere, but the american way of living is just too "busy" to give a crap. I don't see how though; I go to school full time, and I fit workouts and free time in on weekends. If I want food made for me quickly, I walk to subway.

That's not so hard.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 11-17-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Senior Member Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2011 09:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I won`t deny, when I saw the portion sizes they provide in America. It is a little ridiculous, honestly it could feed my whole family for dinner back in the Philippines.. And probably have left overs for the animals!

Anyway, I know in 2008 Australia was crowned with being the 'heavyweight champion of the world'. We certainly did not like that one bit. Yes, to an extent some do inherit a certain physique from their parents/grandparents. You can be on a little larger side or to the tall and lanky. However, there are people who are on the very large side then to the other end of the spectrum very enorexic where it can be life threatening with health complications. That's not good at all. I`m not skinny, I don't consider myself to be thin at all; I`m curvy and I love the skin I`m in. I eat what I want, but I still do make sure I take in my two fruit servings and 5 Vegie servings per day, along with excersise (when I have a spare 30 mins!).

I wouldn`t say that American is labelled for being a 'fat' nation. But sit in a shopping mall here in Australia and you will also notice the large amounts of people that are overweight. You walk into our grocery stores and you will find the same junk as you probably would in America. I don`t really see the necessity to magnify that about America, but people do. Also, people do question the intellegence factor in America. With experience on conversing with people in/from America, I must say I find most very switched on, when I think about the people I know here in Australia. I think there is this show, shown on youtobe about some guy walking around with a world map, asking everyday 'citizens' of the streets where specific countries are... And of course you have a laugh with some of the answers; but I come to wonder how many people who would just turn around and tell them to get a real job or actually put them in their place. =/ The media potray things to the public the way they want the public or viewers to see it.

Though on that note, I do agree that America does not have the best public health system.. =/

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

That's because America has too much resources, in terms of food.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Closed Thread

Thread Information