AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a cat or dog perosn or neither?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • cat

14 60.87%
  • dog

7 30.43%
  • neither

2 8.70%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cat or Dog Person or neither?

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Orcius View Post
    Fenrer (and i'm sorry if it isn't spelled right) is, i think Loki's pet which was set loose by Loki to try and eat the sun in Norse mythology. My Norse mythology is rusty, forgive me if I'm wrong.
    You are off a bit. Fenrir is not Loki's pet, but his oldest son. When the other gods found out that he would be responsible for the destruction of the world, the gods tried to chain him down. Since Fenrir is a giant wolf, that didn't work out too well. The gods then used a special "chain" made by dwarven magic, which worked like a charm (not counting the fact that Tyr, god of war, had his hand bit of by Fenrir).

On the day of Ragnarok, Fenrir would break his chain and kill Odin, but would then be killed by Odin's son, Vidar.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 08-11-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 07:25 PM
    Threads

Wow thanks, that really cleared up some stuff. Did you know that already or did you just look it up because that's a good piece of norse mythology there.

Oh and Hades isn't a place he's a god and nothing more. Cerberus guards the underworld. Small note here Hades is the god of the underworld not death, the greek god of death was Thanatos which is Orcus in roman and the idea behind my screen name.

plz click on my dragon.>>>>>>>

Junior Member Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath has a reputation beyond repute Bonedeath's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2009 07:03 PM
    Threads

Cats are awesome so I voted for them. All the cats in my neighborhood kill the moles, voles and other rodents. The dogs don't do anything but bark all the time.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh and Hades isn't a place he's a god and nothing more. Cerberus guards the underworld. Small note here Hades is the god of the underworld not death, the greek god of death was Thanatos which is Orcus in roman and the idea behind my screen name.
    Most greek gods are personifications of a concept. Hades is both the underworld, and the god of the underworld. Eris is the same. Both the goddess of strife, and the concept of strife. Ares literally means "war" -- and as such, is both the concept of war, and the god of war, same goes for countless other deities: Nike, Eros, Themis, etc.

Wikipedia says:

Hades (from Greek ᾍδης, Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs, probably from Proto-Indo-European *n̥-wid- 'unseen'[1]) refers both to the ancient Greek underworld, the abode of Hades, and to the god of the underworld. Hades in Homer referred just to the god; the genitive ᾍδου, Haidou, was an elision to denote locality: "[the house/dominion] of Hades". Eventually, the nominative, too, came to designate the abode of the dead.
    Last edited by Eris; 08-11-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Lord Fluff's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

I'm a dog person. Some are cute a cuddly and warm. Other just look cool.

Cats always seem stuck and snotty to me. Although I may not like them because my cousin's cat scratched my face when I was 3.
    Go dogs.
    I never play to win. But I do play not to lose.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wow thanks, that really cleared up some stuff. Did you know that already or did you just look it up because that's a good piece of norse mythology there.
    I already knew it. I am a mythology buff. I love learning about it and Norse mythology is one of my top favorites (right next to Greek).
    This is my war face.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I'm not into furries.

Quote Originally Posted by Anger Bag! View Post
    Cat person. Cats have individuality, while dogs are quite literally drooling idiots.
    You're just angry that cat's are lazy, useless good for nothings while dogs do awesome things like become terrorists freedom fighters.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 05:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    Sorry, I'm not into furries.

You're just angry that cat's are lazy, useless good for nothings while dogs do awesome things like become terrorists freedom fighters.
    Cats can't be heroes?

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericker View Post
    Cats can't be heroes?
    Nope. Not intentionally anyway.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nope. Not intentionally anyway.
    That's a bigotted statement.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh Mavykins, you so crazy!

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Member Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90 has a reputation beyond repute Tai90's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2009 06:38 AM
    Threads

I love cats<3

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

I'm a dog person, definitely.

I have never really found cats to be all of that great, and they aren't any where near as cute as my dogs.

~Made by me~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh Mavykins, you so crazy!
    If anything the DOGS should be the oppressors. That's why I didn't like Cats and Dogs the movie.

Member homie has a reputation beyond repute homie has a reputation beyond repute homie has a reputation beyond repute homie has a reputation beyond repute homie has a reputation beyond repute homie has a reputation beyond repute homie has a reputation beyond repute homie has a reputation beyond repute homie has a reputation beyond repute homie has a reputation beyond repute homie has a reputation beyond repute homie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2009 11:52 AM
    Threads

I'm a dog person , i been with them all my life and they always are great company , i let my dogs chase rabbits , cats around my neighborhood there always fun to watch them chase them around
    Last edited by homie; 08-12-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If anything the DOGS should be the oppressors. That's why I didn't like Cats and Dogs the movie.
    I was talking about IRL though.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 07:25 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Anger Bag! View Post
    Most greek gods are personifications of a concept. Hades is both the underworld, and the god of the underworld. Eris is the same. Both the goddess of strife, and the concept of strife. Ares literally means "war" -- and as such, is both the concept of war, and the god of war, same goes for countless other deities: Nike, Eros, Themis, etc.

Wikipedia says:

Hades (from Greek ᾍδης, Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs, probably from Proto-Indo-European *n̥-wid- 'unseen'[1]) refers both to the ancient Greek underworld, the abode of Hades, and to the god of the underworld. Hades in Homer referred just to the god; the genitive ᾍδου, Haidou, was an elision to denote locality: "[the house/dominion] of Hades". Eventually, the nominative, too, came to designate the abode of the dead.
    I've been known to copy and paste stuff from wikipedia myself but it is a self proclaimed lier. The edit button is right there next to the information and anyone with an account can mess with the words. I believe that the god Hades may have been the same thing as the underworld Hades but since Homer is the most widely used 'book' that would explain why i've never heard of Hades as the underworld.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    I already knew it. I am a mythology buff. I love learning about it and Norse mythology is one of my top favorites (right next to Greek).
    I learned most of my greek mythology from the book Mythology timeless tales of gods and heros by Edith Hamilton.

plz click on my dragon.>>>>>>>

Perverted Kitty of Doom lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2013 01:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

im a cat person ^^
    im actually afraid of small dogs, dont ask >.<
    you can't call me weird, cause im unique ^_^
    btw if youre going to admire me, please tell me who you are, gracias

siggy by teddy thankies ^^

**UPDATE** NEW DRAWINGS
    * * * A R T ~ W O R K * * *
    My sweet sweet family is located in my blog
    if you want to be a part of our family, pm me

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Tough choice, I like both cats and dogs..

I'd say Dogs, because they are more loyal than cats. My cat was almost like a dog though, he followed me to walmart and back so I guess in my terms its close.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Kick off your stilettos .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2010 06:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I love cats, they don't love me. ;_;
    Dogs likes me though. I like dogs too. :"D
    I voted for neither. Meh.

Epic thread btw.

No lies, just love. | tumblr | deviantart (dead)

[Waltzing Catastrophe] Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads

I'm a dog person.
    But I also like fat cats.
    That's the only cat I'll settle for.
    It's unhealthy yes, but they have so much personality.

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I love dogs, and they love me, so it's a natural sort of thing.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Its spelled "bigoted" dude. Not only are you not using the word correctly, you apparently can't spell it right either.

Cats have not been known to appear in the papers and the news as heroes. Cats, while social animals, do not have a pack mentality like dogs. While they often live together, socialize and groom each other, that's about all they do for each other. Finding food and providing protection is something that they do on their own. Dogs, however, in addition to socializing, will help each other in finding food and protect one another.

Since cats leave protection up to the individuals, most cats will usually be the first ones out the house in case of a fire, storm or other problem. Of course, there have been some cats that have saved their owners by alerting them to danger.

Curious, if dogs are "loyalists" and cats are "free-thinkers", why would it be better for the dogs to be the oppressors?

In "Cats and Dogs", the relationship made perfect sense. Dogs were loyal to the humans and were their protectors and cats were independent and wanted to get rid of them.

By the way, you can thank Christians for the whole "cats are evil" thing. Cats were believed to be the familiars of Witches and workers of Satan. For example, in Macbeth, the first witch's familiar, Greymalkin, is a cat. So, cats are usually, but not always, the bad guys because of the early stigma.

Although, despite the fact I am also a Witch, I have a dog, not a cat (oh, the stereotypes).
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 08-13-2009 at 12:43 PM.
    This is my war face.

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Dogs Gamble as illustrated here

where as cats have force shields as illustrated here

never had a dog in my life but have ahd cats so

CATS GMV

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've been known to copy and paste stuff from wikipedia myself but it is a self proclaimed lier. The edit button is right there next to the information and anyone with an account can mess with the words. I believe that the god Hades may have been the same thing as the underworld Hades but since Homer is the most widely used 'book' that would explain why i've never heard of Hades as the underworld.
    The edit button will only take you so far. Malicious edits of wikipedia typically last a matter of hours, a day at most. A couple of days if it's in a really obscure area. Furthermore, you can't edit away the history panel. If recent alterations were made, the previous versions are viewable there.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Closed Thread

Thread Information