AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sonic Just Stop

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gero50 View Post
    Well it is true that Sonic is not ment to be a RPG however, I have no problem with Sonic the Hedge the game of 06. I also rather enjoyed Sonic Unleashed. But ya I can see why you would think that with all the bad rep Sonic has got in recent times.
    I played Sonic Unleash...I don't read reviews until I play the game. And I actually agree with the reviews. The Werehog is terrible, the game is terrible. Sonic has been slowed down with talking to people. Sonic is slowed by puzzles. Sonic sucks 2000-present. There will never be a good Sonic game ever.
    Sonic adventure 1 and 2 were the only good 3D sonic games.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

If you'd like Sonic to stop then stop buying the recent crap games.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    If you'd like Sonic to stop then stop buying the recent crap games.
    I buy them hoping they are somewhat like Sonic Adventure only to be disappointed. I have officially not bought Sonic Unleash and will not buy another one ever again. The way I played Sonic Unleashed was at a friends house during a sleep over. We play hours of torment on that game.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Sonic games really aren't that bad. The only ones I don't like are Sonic, and the secret rings, Sonic and the black knight, and sonic Unleashed. Sonic Unleashed was fun...until night came. I think what we need is a good old fashioned Sonic game, like Adventure 2: Battle. Or A Sonic Heroes 2...that was a pretty good game.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEllipsis View Post
    Sonic games really aren't that bad. The only ones I don't like are Sonic, and the secret rings, Sonic and the black knight, and sonic Unleashed. Sonic Unleashed was fun...until night came. I think what we need is a good old fashioned Sonic game, like Adventure 2: Battle. Or A Sonic Heroes 2...that was a pretty good game.
    Well I don't really consider Sonic Adventure 2: Battle to be a "good old fashioned Sonic game". It's probably mainly because the old 16-bit Sonic's is where I think its at. Sonic CD to me is the best Sonic game, followed by 2, then 1, then 3. I liked Sonic Adventure for Sonic's levels. It was the start of all the stupid characters. Big the Cat I wasn't down with. Amy is meh. I like her more as the damsel in distress that you don't play as like in Sonic CD.

And Unleashed being fun until night is great. But 50% of the game is night I think right? So 50% of the game being crap doesn't really make me want to play. I only played the Demo for Unleashed on PS3. Daytime seemed to be about speed, which is what people wanted...But the only thing is in the old Sonic games Green Hill Zone was one of the few levels you could actually speed through.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    Well I don't really consider Sonic Adventure 2: Battle to be a "good old fashioned Sonic game". It's probably mainly because the old 16-bit Sonic's is where I think its at. Sonic CD to me is the best Sonic game, followed by 2, then 1, then 3. I liked Sonic Adventure for Sonic's levels. It was the start of all the stupid characters. Big the Cat I wasn't down with. Amy is meh. I like her more as the damsel in distress that you don't play as like in Sonic CD.

And Unleashed being fun until night is great. But 50% of the game is night I think right? So 50% of the game being crap doesn't really make me want to play. I only played the Demo for Unleashed on PS3. Daytime seemed to be about speed, which is what people wanted...But the only thing is in the old Sonic games Green Hill Zone was one of the few levels you could actually speed through.
    I like Sonic 2, where they added in tails in the 16 bit version. I loved multiplayer on that one.

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

speaking of sonic CD I found most of the levels too boxed in I know this was used to maker the time warps harder but it put a downer on the game.

Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO ^_^ View Post
    speaking of sonic CD I found most of the levels too boxed in I know this was used to maker the time warps harder but it put a downer on the game.
    Boxed in as you couldn't really run about freely? Like in Marble Zone and Labyrinth Zone from the first game?

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

even more than that, it took all the fun out of the super peelout move they gave him just in CD and chaos.
    Last edited by JIMBO.; 05-08-2009 at 08:45 PM.

Senior Member Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2009 09:34 PM
    Threads

I completely agree. It's time to put it down.

Sonic 06 was the worst game I ever played next to Big Rigs. Unleashed would've been decent if it wasn't for those god awful werewolf parts. Sonic Team's last good game was Billy Hatcher. Find a new mascot, Madworld was pretty sweet. Why not pick up Platinum as a 2nd party developer. Jack would be pretty cool.

Steam ID: Zombilicious

Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO ^_^ View Post
    even more than that, it took all the fun out of the super peelout move they gave him just in CD and chaos.
    You still have opportunities to do that. For some reason when people think of Sonic they think Green Hill Zone. Running fast and getting to the end of the level in no time. But that's one stage. ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiliciouss View Post
    I completely agree. It's time to put it down.

Sonic 06 was the worst game I ever played next to Big Rigs. Unleashed would've been decent if it wasn't for those god awful werewolf parts. Sonic Team's last good game was Billy Hatcher. Find a new mascot, Madworld was pretty sweet. Why not pick up Platinum as a 2nd party developer. Jack would be pretty cool.
    Sonic may suck now. But Sega isn't going to get rid of him. His games still sell really well.

They wouldn't even really need a mascot now anyways. No one cared about Opa-Opa or Alex Kidd before Sonic. The whole "Gotta have a mascot" was a fad in the 90's. Now it just doesn't really matter. Whose Sony's mascot now that Crash was sold off and went multi-platform?

SonicTeam doesn't do much good now because the 3 people who made them relevant, Yuji Naka (programmer) went on to form Prope a couple years ago and made Let's Tap for Wii, Naoto Oshima (Sonic character designer) left and formed Artoon a while ago and did such greats as Blinx the Time Sweeper. Hirokazu Yasuhara (Sonic level designer) left a while ago to go to Naughty Dog and has recently moved onto Namco Bandai America.

They can't pick up Platinum as a 2nd party developer. They'd have to be a 1st party in order to do that. They have a publishing deal with them for something like 5 games. If one of those games manages to actually sell well they may try to pick them up for more for all I know. As it is now though, Madworld bombed sales wise.
    Last edited by rf switch; 05-08-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The last Sonic game I played was Sonic & Knuckles. I thought it was awesome that I could plug the other games into the top. Sonic 2 is mad easy if you play as Knuckles.

Well, it was easy either way. I never beat the first one, though.

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

i havent enjoyed a single sonic game since it went 3D

Closed Thread

Thread Information