AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Serated's Art

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Serated's Art

So, I am in a drawing class, and we are required to carry around a sketch book and draw. I have always wanted to draw anime, and experiment around with anything I can, so here are a few things I have some up with in the last few months o sketching. I choose only my best, so judge them as much as possible and as much as you like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	College-Bench.jpg‎
Views:	95
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	22651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Doodle.jpg‎
Views:	88
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	22652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lighting-Effects.jpg‎
Views:	87
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	22653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Value-Study.jpg‎
Views:	90
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	22654  

Original -That I am.. boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza has a reputation beyond repute boombza's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2017 01:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hey man, just an advice - the neck of the anime chick is big, normaly its kinda smaller than that.

Banzai!!!!!! Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 04:24 AM
    Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where even I DON'T KNOW~!XD
    Threads

Not bad, Keep it up. On the anime girl,liken what BOOMBZA said,the neck is a little bit too big and for the eyes and hair, try praticing more to make it look more natural~
    Lol...I'm Back!
    FYI:Shana FTW!:3

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I like the emptiness for the beach one, but I really think you need to work on your forms more. I can't tell if I'm looking at the front of the bench or the back and the light thing has the bottom part leaning towards the left and the top part leaning towards the right. The shading is good but the shadow for the light thing seems coming out too much. I like the trees but the one on the left is leaning too much but inconsistently. I think you need to work on keeping things straight. Good at shading, I think. But try blending it out a little bit more on your shapes. For the picture with the four circles and one cube, the cube needs darker value. Its all one color and that doesn't really help give it form. You shouldn't really be able to tell that there is a line where the shading gets lighter so more blending on the spheres. So more practice.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The image with the bench is not a beach, its the college campus. And a lot of the stuff was indeed tilted regardless of. As for everything else, yeah, all of my drawings typically end tilted to one side. I think its because my dominant hand like to draw that way.

Member vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire has a brilliant future vrempire's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2008 08:18 AM
    Threads

Hi Serated,
    The sphere lying beside the box might be darken a little bit since it is shadowed by the box if I'm not mistaken. Other than that, it's a nice try you got there

Kick off your stilettos .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2010 06:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

#1 - For a sketch, it is quite alright. You got the shadows right (all going in the same angle), I believe you could've made the shadows on the objects a little bit darker. If you wanted it to be a little bit more realistic, you could've either used a ruler, or even your pencil, to "straighten" things up. My GUESS (no offense) is that you have drawn the bench from behind. And even if it is from behind, you should be able to see the seat, which you also do in reality, because your angle makes it possible for you to do so. What's missing on the bench is the seat. Also, I can't see what those block things are in the background. What are those, small buildings for anime chibis?

#2 - The girl (I am assuming is a girl) looks nervous and almost mentally disturbed. It's the eyebrows and it's her neck and shoulders. It looks as if she's trying to hug herself with her shoulders. Imaging yourself sitting like that, it doesn't look good irl either. You need to soften them up, make her look more relaxed. The eyebrows makes her look worried and they need to get more softer and "round" as well. You also forgot to make some shadows on her collar bones and they should have been drawn a liiittle bit further down.

#3 /#4 - These two are really good, I got nothing to say about them.

I'm sorry for being harsh, but if you want to get good then you need honest opinions and advice. I don't want to end this with "omg you suck" so I'm going to say:
    You are really good at shading and you're on the nice track. Practice makes perfect, and seeing as you have art class I am sure you will get better in time, just keep it up. :3

No lies, just love. | tumblr | deviantart (dead)

Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

So I have found more time for sketching. Mostly because I keep on being left alone on a college campus among other places for hours on end.

The first is a sketch of a stock of a guy I have. His name is, I believe, Baltar. Not exactly sure who he is, but I personally liked the image.
    The second is a sketch that I did to get a guy in a suit correct. I didnt use any reference, so its totally from my head. And No, I dont know why I drew it coming out of a corner.
    The last is the outside of an Art museum I got stuck until like 7 PM. So I sketched it after the sun went down and tried to get as much shadow in as possible.

Comment if you have one please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg‎
Views:	68
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	22946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg‎
Views:	71
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	22947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg‎
Views:	73
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	22948  

D i s t u r b e d Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie has a reputation beyond repute Ookie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2008 05:00 AM
    Threads

I really love the last image you posted, nice use of perspective, which I totally can't get right XD

Love the use of the shading in the picture.
    >>>>>|| BELOW SIGNITURE BY ME ||<<<<<

Let's do this in a cool way

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Why dont you try using giudelines or turning your book at an angle so you dont keep tilting your images to one side? Im sure that would help. And you're really having trouble with foreground and background.

The foreground is always dark and detailed. Simple reason being the focus. You want a persons eyes to fall on something in the foreground, then be sure to darken and detail it as much as you can.

The midground is something between detailed and generally just shaped or colored. So basically, this is where your detailing should reduce a little.

The background is just lightly colored and general shaping. Never darken it as you don't want the viewer's eyes to go off the focus beforehand.

Now let's take the last drawing you did. It seems to me like you tried to keep the tree [beside the light] in focus. The lightly shade area of the road just beside it give me the impression that the tree is supposed to be a stree lamp [till I saw the shadow]. The road in the background should've been lighter. And why on earth does it look like a river??
    The trees don't have the right shadowing either. In one of them, the light is coming from the right side, and in just the next tree, it's coming from the left.

And another thing; practice gradients. Work with different pencils as well [like HB for light, 2B for midtones and 4B for darker tones].
    You're doing a good job uptil now. Also, when it comes to people's sketches, PLEASE use guidelines...

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Closed Thread

Thread Information