SOTW 31 Theme
Signature of the Week #31 Theme
Thats right, this weeks theme is Geisha. The word Geisha literally translates to "arts person" or "one trained in arts" (gei = art, sha = person). It is also sometimes described as "women of arts, which is exactly what a Geisha is - a woman trained in the traditional arts of Japan such as dance, music, singing to name a few. Geisha adorn themselves in kimonos and heavy white make up, along with very ornate hair pieces.
1) The signature must not be larger than "500x160" and no smaller than “350x90”. Any signature over the limit in either direction will be disqualified.
2) Animation may be used provided its size does not exceed 1MB
3) Check with MaruDashi if you are unsure about "appropriate content" for this contest (E.G. no ‘H’ based images or anything too ecchi)
4) All entries MUST be in by 19:00 GMT (non-adjusted) Friday, December 5th, 2008
5) All entries MUST be have “Animegalleries.net” on your entry signature. Entries that do not have this will NOT be part of the competition unless edited.
6) By entering, you are giving ‘Animegalleries.net’ irrevocable right to use your entry through site promotion and so on (Artists will still be credited).
1) You are only allowed to enter a signature that has been created by YOU and has not been used in any other competition or posted anywhere else on the internet. The signature should be made specifically for use only in that week's competition. Participants are entitled to submit ONE signature per competition. Any entry that has been ripped/stolen will be immediately disqualified.
2) Any reference to subjects like missed deadlines, entering, not entering, are NOT tolerated. It provides a clear indication of who may (not) be involved in the competition, while potentially 'giving away' entries. Disclosure of signature author, be it yours or another participants, will result in BOTH signatures being disqualified from the competition.
3) All comments regarding the SOTW competition should be made in the Theme Topic. Should you have any concerns or queries after the topic closure please contact MaruDashi.
4) You are responsible for your entries arriving to MaruDashi. Maru is not responsible for your entry not following any of the above rules or not following the theme. Your entry will be deleted without notification, so it is always good to double check your entry.
All entries and participants must abide by the aforementioned rules otherwise risk having their entry disqualified (incl. late or do not follow criteria of the theme).
All entries must be PMed to Maru by December 5th, all entries sent after will not be entered. Please label your message ‘SOTW #31 Entry.’
Edit, please see attached for suggested scans
People, please ask questions! Im getting a lot of entries of anime characters with instruments, that is -not- a geisha. Traditional Japanese dance and music is not what youre assuming it is.
Please read the wikipage on geishas or go to the official Memoirs of a Geisha site, a movie which was released in the US in 2005
attached are two -more- geisha images for use
It shouldn`t be that hard to find some nice geisha stocks, just google the word :p
Yes that's true if you go by the word she gave but word items with limits us, it the definition of art person which might be confusing, but she has already clarified that for me. o_0;
Originally Posted by Des
For everyone else search for a geisha and nothing else.
FYI: Google, equal same stock everyone else will be using. Search a bit longer (not on PhotoBucket either) some better stock. just a tip.
Des, you have to stop forgetting so quick :P
Reading never hurts you know =/
Originally Posted by MaruDashi
That sentence I didn`t quite understand, but anyways I forgot about that link :P
Originally Posted by Jose101
It`s past midnight here, so don`t expect too much of me now hehe
I'll do another contest next time, it's just I haven't tried SOTW in a long time.