Signature of the Week #1
Signature of the Week #1
The theme is freestyle, meaning your limited to using nothing and everything to make a signature that fits the criteria.
1) The signature must not be larger than "500x150" and no smaller than “350x90”. Any signature over 150px in both directions will be disqualified.
2) Animation may be used provided its size does not exceed 1MB
3) Check with Serated if you are unsure about "appropriate content" for this contest (E.G. no ‘H’ based images or anything too ecchi)
4) All entries MUST be in by 19:00 GMT (non-adjusted) Thurs MAY 8th, 2008
5) All entries MUST be have “Animegalleries.net” on it. Entries that do not have this will NOT be part of the competition unless edited.
6) By entering, you are giving ‘Animegalleries.net’ irrevocable right to use your entry through site promotion and so on (Artists will still be credited).
1) You are only allowed to enter a signature that has been created by YOU and has not been used in any other competition or posted anywhere else on the internet. The signature should be made specifically for use only in that week's competition. Participants are entitled to submit ONE signature per competition. Any entry that has been ripped/stolen will be immediately disqualified.
2) Any reference to subjects like missed deadlines, entering, not entering, are NOT tolerated. It provides a clear indication of who may (not) be involved in the competition, while potentially 'giving away' entries. Disclosure of signature author, be it yours or another participants, will result in BOTH signatures being disqualified from the competition.
3) All comments regarding the SOTW competition should be made in the Theme Topic. Should you have any concerns or queries after the topic closure please contact Serated.
All entries and participants must abide by the aforementioned rules otherwise risk having their entry disqualified (incl. late or do not follow criteria of the theme).
All entries must be PMed to Serated by May 8th, all entries sent after will not be entered. Voting will be anonymous.
Special thanks to FlashD for permission to begin this competition.
Er... You have to PM it to him. The way I see it, this'll be an anonymous contest so you'll probably have to make a new one now.
rofl. Yeah maybe you should put it at the top and in bold so people can't miss it :p
It is a good thing to READ the rules first, hopefully we can have a Mod hide your post. Though I will advise just making a whole new signature. Also, you are not supposed to place your name on the signature and avoid making it obvious that you made it. You may however add any form of title you like to the signature as long as it is not a name of someone.
Ah, anonymous votings, awesome.
Might want to add that to the rules (first post) >.>;;
Looks like days in AF is gonna be quite fun now. Much thanks to the people who organized it ;D
After the contest is over, are we allowed to upload the signatures to our DA account?
Originally Posted by Serated
Of course, you made it, you still hold rights to your own PSD file.
Well, I was wondering when someone might do a SOTW in AF.
I've never entered in one, and it seems fun.
This will be exciting.
Pointless post now since the edit has been made.^^
Yeah, your not supposed to, but saying that the competition will be exciting or criticizing the theme is perfectly allowed.
Hey Serated..Are we allowed to get critique from outside sources who won't be voting??
Like...Say..Could I pm you several different version and ask you which one you like best??
As long as there is 'Animegalleries.net' text on all the versions, then I dont see a problem with it.
One quick question, I'd like to enter, but i don't know how to make a Signature could someone tell me how??? So that maybe I could enter the next one's???? Please IM me and tell me if anyone knows how, I'd love to be more active in this site. ^.^
Errr it is anonymous. The main weapons used is Adobe Photoshop CS2/3 or GIMP with the latter being free. You could enter in another SOTW when you have learned your way around the program you decided on. Have a look in the signature and avatar section of animegalleries.net to see what members have created. There are many excellent tutorials that members have created so check them out as well [most are with CS2/3].