So, pretty much the rules are similar to the Dazzle Us ones ... tho, with some small changes.
1. CHAT RULES: Chat rules are very well made. They keep the chat clean from useless posting and inappropriate language, and from now on they will keep clean this forum as well. The chat rules are applied for images, too. They can be found here.
2. BANDWIDTH: Please be considerate with your posts. Don't post random photos, they are just annoying and they don't contribute to the current post. When posting a big image (bigger than 640x480px) use the "Manage Attachments" feature under "Additional Options". This will help people with dial-up speeding up their browsing capabilities and will save bandwidth as well.
3. LINKING TO OTHER SITES: Linking to other sites is allowed within the point of non advertising. When linking, link to the photo you want to show and not to anything else (like your profile, other forums, etc)
- http://aaeru.deviantart.com/ - BAD
- http://aaeru.deviantart.com/art/Deep-red-62202705 - GOOD
4. SPAM (aka Stupid Pointless Abusive Message): Off topic posts and threads, one word posts (don't post less than 4 words), double (or more) posts, advertisements, meaningless or just random threads all fall under this category. They are useless and just make the forum look bad. If you can't help it and you have to annoy someone with them, write a SPAM mail and email it to yourself. That won't hurt anyone. As everything, this rules has exceptions too. You are allowed to multi-post only (and I mean only) if in your thread nobody else posted in 2 days.
5. ONE THREAD, ONE SUBJECT/THEME: Post photos regarding the theme. The theme can be anything, from "a walk in my garden" to "some fresh photos of my pet". The point of photography section is improving your own skills, let them be plain photography or photo-manipulating ... and not showing how many photos you did.
6. SIZE LIMIT: Yes, there is a size limit for the photos you post ... Please resize them to MAX 1024px in width and/or height.
7. RESPECT OTHER'S WORK: When commenting somebody's work, please, leave a message longer than a one-liner and back up your statements with reasons. Make sure you contribute to the thread with a good and constructive critique.
*** BAD ONES ***
- I like it. Keep it up.
- I like it. Keep it up and I want to see more.
- Omg ... it's awesome. I like your work very very very much. Keep it up. <-- NOTE: This type of comment is just a way to try to make a sentence long enough to abide by the rules. We want you all know that we are not counting words (unless we find out you are breaking the rule about SPAM). This is not the school. We want content and we moderate the forums considering what's written and not how long the post is. Keep that in mind!
8. DON'T FLAME: Flaming is not criticism, but just insulting the one who made the art. If you can't write a critique without flaming don't do it. We always appreciate flamers who keep their opinions for themselves.
9. RIPPING: Ripping other's work and claim it as yours is like stealing and we won't allow it. If we find out your work is not yours, you will find your thread closed and get a verbal warning. If after opening a new thread we will find out you did it again you will get a warning. After we find you for the 3rd time you will be forbidden to post in here.
10. NO MYSPACE PHOTOS: Avoid self portraits. Most of these should go into the current Post Your Pics thread in the Misc forum
The rules are subject to change so keep tracking this thread for changes.
For any questions regarding the forum rules or Photography itself we are available over the private messaging system (aka PMs).
Those are our basic rules ^_^ I am actually going to go ahead and unlock this, so any comments or questions about the rules can be done in this thread. We will reply accordingly, and the first post will be edited with any rules changes we may decide to enact.
So, to clarify, would you prefer we start new threads when we have a fresh lot of pictures or keep primarily to a single thread? I've seen in the various art forums that the trend is to have one thread per member.
In this case, separate threads for new images, just group them by subject/theme or such, so it's easier for us to give feedback ^_^; And of course not too many in one shot, best space them out a bit.
I've never been a big fan of the one thread for everything approach, as it makes it much harder to highlight a specific work, or shoot, and hopefully we can avoid it entirely here.
If I were to create....say....3 photgraphy threads in one day.....
Would that be considered spam?
Would it be okay if I put all my crap in one thread, but then post new threads for my newer work, that I'm actually proud of?
My question is,, lets say I took a bunch of pics at a con, where can I post them? And also, what ever happened to the "post your pic" thread?
How do you make a tab? I have no idea how to.
I'd put my most recent works in the same thread but it was closed.
Originally Posted by Princess Ai
o.o Just a tad cerious as to why. I really dont feel like taking the time
to make a whole new thread just to have it closed for the same reason(s).
Looks like your thread was auto-closed because it wasn't posted in for over 60 days. Threads in all boards here do that O_o;
This is a recent question.
Well, I'm recently considering to post some photograph, so before I do that sometime this season, is there any rules such like the minimum quality of photos that is required? Such like taking a photo of a yellow flower, does it have to look qualified at any point to be able to post it up? Because I'm a beginner and am now professional at all, I have no skills in photography but I do have the interest to challenge something new. And is it prohibited to use photoshop to modify any parts of the photos?
Should be fine if you resize it properly, unless you're going to post snapshots of your pets/yourself taken with a crappy cellphone.
since there is no video section and i make videos about japan that involve a mix of pictures/artwork/ and video am i allowed to post the link here?
I've seen in the various art forums that the trend is to have one thread per member.
Re: Forum rules
all rules shall be followed. thank you
Re: Forum rules
Good enough rules, I'm just happy enough this is basicly the only forum that doesnt have the textbox glitch -.-