Just a few simple rules [updated]
As you are all new it is best to get aquainted with the rules...they're quite simple:
1. No cursing! This is absolute! If in doubt, leave it out!
2. No double posting (there is an edit button people...USE IT!!)
3. Be respectful of your fellow posters (^_^)
4. all the rules posted for chat (http://www.tuxedomask.com/chat/rules.htm) apply here as well
5. any questions about the above or anything else, feel free to pm me. I will respond within a reasonable amount of time...as I am here on and off throughout the day.
6. This is not a dating site do not solicit here. There are other places for that sort of thing. If you must, use chat, PM or email.
7. Start a thread and introduce yourself
I want everyone to feel welcome here, so please be nice.
What is considered spam? One word posts or discussions that are completely off topic. Here anything that is not directly related to welcoming the newcomer.
If you want to chat..please visit the chat.
And Yet Another Update...
Linking to your own site or other board is strictly limited to putting a small notice in your sig. Take a look at mine if you want to know how it's properly done.
You may not start a thread anywhere on this site saying: "Hey! Come visit xyz forum at xyz.com" It's simply not allowed.
Re: Just a few simple rules
As this post is quite old, and also as I'm the new (:3) moderator of this forum, I want everyone to feel welcome and appreciated, so if it's not too much trouble for peeps I want to help clarify and add a few additional pointers and rules.
- Please make your post worthwhile. I follow the "Four Word Rule." (the rule is very simple - if your post is less than four words, I will consider simply removing it). However, I can understand that newcomers may not have anything else to reply with other than "Thank you :D", so this is merely more of a guidance rule than a set-in-stone rule.
Quite simply - just try and make your posts worthwhile to read. One-word greetings will be removed ;) and two and three-word posts should be avoided where possible. I'm happy to overlook the -occasional- break in this rule, especially with newcomers ^_^ but repeat offenders will be informally warned.
- Please do not post anything that could be considered rude, hateful, or anything that contravenes any of AF's rules. I cannot stress this enough - If you cannot say something nice, then don't say anything at all.
- If you are unsure of what to post - whether you are a new member or a regular - then please read this guide that was helpfully provided by Ambu, as it covers everything and will certainly help you make your introduction or greet a new member yourself. ^_^
- My role on this forum is to help new members become acquainted to the forum, to be a helpful eye and to answer any questions you might have that may not have been answered by any of the Stickied threads.
If you feel you need help with something, feel free to send me a Visitor Message on my profile or even Private Message (PM) me, and I will try to help you the best I can. ^_^
If you fall foul of any of the rules that are in place in this forum, or in place on AF, I will at my discrepancy edit or remove your posts or threads, and repeat offenders (this includes one-word post spamming) will be either bad -repped, given an informal warning, and/or given an infraction.
The rules are quite literally common-sense, common-courtesy guidelines that ultimately aren't that difficult to follow. I don't want to have to resort to any measures, and I'm sure that everyone would rather I didn't.
Good day! :3