PDA

View Full Version : Chobbits I Seen It And Im Confused

-Naota-
03-28-2004, 12:07 AM
ya reed the title i seen the anime and im more confused than the time i watched blue seed backwards

karmaghost
03-28-2004, 12:47 PM
What part of it confuses you? :o

-Naota-
03-29-2004, 08:01 PM
why would a computer need underwear

Seyia
04-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by -Naota-@Mar 29 2004, 08:01 PM
why would a computer need underwear
hello person the cumputers are just built like humans and so chi did'nt have any underwear on so he did'nt want it to seem he was a pervert or playing with his perscon does that settle it for you

-Naota-
04-03-2004, 11:55 PM
ya but why give a computer human reproduction organs

Pipestrell
04-05-2004, 09:04 PM
She doesn't have 'organs'. Shes still just looks far too real to sit about naked.

-Naota-
04-06-2004, 04:47 PM
thanks for more confusion

Princess_Rini
04-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Persocons are almost exactly like humans, save for the computer part. They look like humans too. So it might be a little stressful for Hideki if he had this almost human girl walking around naked in his suite. ^^; And that's why she wears clothes.

Pipestrell is right as well. She doesn't have organs. So yeah. It doesn't sound like you've watched the whole series. But maybe if you do, you'll be a little less confused. ^_^

-Naota-
04-08-2004, 11:25 PM
why make a computer look like a human anyway i would much rather have a P.E.T
so i can full control of my computer and have a robot thingy

asher_aj_wei
04-09-2004, 01:38 PM
If I remember correctly, the show did state that the persocons were created human-like for easier use. They could respond to voice controls and have their own A.I. So if your computer has it's own A.I., wouldn't it be cool to make it human-shaped? Something like that was talked about but VERY briefly in the series.
And Hideki got underwear for her because he did not have a persocon of his own. So when he got one that's naked, it's like seeing a naked woman to him. That's why he couldn't stand it. Others didn't mind though, his friend (can't remember his name right now) said something like that to support that statement. I can't remember now though.
I watched it when it was released.

animeseishi
11-12-2004, 03:56 AM
yeah....even if chii is a robot ...he was made to resemble a real person and so she needs to wear underwear....

[BlackDeath]
11-16-2004, 06:10 AM
ya but why give a computer human reproduction organs
well the answer to most of your questions is that it would make them more human, i mean the idea was to create a computer that is near enough human and that can't happen unless there physiology is that of a humans!

Die Tod von Euch
11-16-2004, 01:50 PM
But she doesn't have reproductive organs, Black Death. She is unable to procreate.

Think of her as a giant talking Barbie doll. Barbies wear clothes, despite the fact that they are only dolls. This Barbie doll talks and happens to be a highly advanced computer. She still needs clothes, though. Because this is a very detailed Barbie. She looks life-like. So, if she was walking around in the buff, she'd look like a normal living girl walking around in the buff. And that's bad.

Innotech
11-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Do you really want to know the be-all end-all reason why Chii looks human? Because the creator thought it was cute and millions of fanboys agree. Theres your answer.

Die Tod von Euch
11-16-2004, 10:28 PM
...actually, it was because her "parents" wanted children... So, they made their own. That and they were like upgraded versions of the Angelic Layer doll things (don't you love CLAMP and their crossovers...?).

Dark_Misery
11-16-2004, 10:38 PM
^ I second that.

The Parents didin't have childeren, so they made Chii and her sister, as for the Underwear part...gees...come on seriously, they were made to act like humans, and humans do wear underwear, so they have to wear underwears....

[BlackDeath]
11-17-2004, 07:13 AM
But she doesn't have reproductive organs, Black Death. She is unable to procreate.

Think of her as a giant talking Barbie doll. Barbies wear clothes, despite the fact that they are only dolls. This Barbie doll talks and happens to be a highly advanced computer. She still needs clothes, though. Because this is a very detailed Barbie. She looks life-like. So, if she was walking around in the buff, she'd look like a normal living girl walking around in the buff. And that's bad.

Well any machineis unable to repoduce, it's physically impossible. But man has the habbit of making machines/robots in the form of a human so that they can relate on a sort of level, and with this persocon if she tries to have sex then, bang - reset!

oma
11-17-2004, 08:00 AM
hello person the cumputers are just built like humans and so chi did'nt have any underwear on so he did'nt want it to seem he was a pervert or playing with his perscon does that settle it for you
ya what he said

Die Tod von Euch
11-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Thread being closed because the question was answered quite fully.