PDA

View Full Version : who do you agree with more

kazumiyumi
10-17-2010, 12:32 PM
light:smart honer role student ho is considerd the smartest in all of japan
and thinks that the all criminals should die from theifs rapeists,murderers all the way up to terrorists

or

near/L:also extreamly smart infact more so then light that noone evan saw there face untill light got his notebook ho think that killing criminals is atrocious act of mass murder

or

ryuk:pretty dumb shinigami that all he wants is apples and really doesent care one way or the other

or

the public opinion 1:simply glad that criminals are dieing and feel safer

the public opinion 2:thinks that killing people is just wrong

the public opinion 3:does not care one way or the other

kierzy12
11-19-2010, 06:25 PM
probebly Light coz...just coz

StarryBlade
11-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Light!! Because he's actually helping others out, the people he targets deserve what's coming to em.

Thefringedninja
11-20-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm going to be hated, but I'd have to say L...murder is just plain wrong!
Light is being a hypocrite by killing the criminals, as Near says at the end he turns into a murderer himself.
People should always have a chance to better themselves and be rehabilitated...some criminals are just mentally ill. If this is the case we might as well be supporting euthanasia!

TANKBRED
11-30-2010, 01:05 AM
I'd like to say that I agree with Light most of all, but the truth is I support Ryuk all the way. He started the whole thing, after all. And why? Because he was bored.

And I don't think Ryuk is stupid at all. In fact, I think he's the smartest of all, though not in an academic sense. Sure, he only cares about apples, but what else is there for him to care about? Kira is the humans' problem, not his. He doesn't help or hinder anyone, he just observes. And enjoys himself immensely.

Full Metal SHORTY!!!
12-06-2010, 12:28 AM
I with L. Killing people just isn't right... it's getting rid of someones life... no one really wants that in their right mind.

Light was just a strange man...Sure, getting rid of the evil people could change the world in a good way, but it just makes everyone scared about being bad... It confusing...

L all the way :) The moral way.

Aku no Hikari
12-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Light is an idealist who got power. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Regardless of how good your ideals are. L, on the other hand, disagrees with Light's ways. It was a story of two people with good intentions, one of them was trying to stop the other from going crazy, but both of them were trying to achieve what they think is right.

Although I agree wholeheartedly with Light's ideals, I think all what he did is worthless, for one simple reason. Such ideals are impossible to achieve. It's impossible to change humanity, regardless of your ways. It's a dumb thing to do to try to create an "ideal" world, especially using a way like this.

That is not to say that I "side with" L though. In a fictional world, it's more fun to side with the crazier (Think about Lelouch). Although some of what Light did kinda made me (non-comically) facepalm in bitterness. Such as when he killed...

Kiyomi Takada
If I were in Light's shoes when he found the Death Note, I'd burn it right away and forget it ever happened. You're way better off living a normal life and dying without a name. If you want to help humanity (and not "change", because you can't change it), you better do something that will benefit people without killing or hurting anyone, such as scientific research.

Hsncprincess
12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
L. Ok, at first Light was ok with executing criminals but then something turned roten in him and he would do anything just to be "go of the new world"; he even considered killing sayu.

FormlessPersonality
12-16-2010, 11:35 AM
nice..........

under the rain
12-18-2010, 10:40 AM
L is no saint, but I'm going to have to go with him. While he is willing to go quite far to capture Kira, he's not going to have millions of people slaughtered for no good reason.

Rainbow Crash
12-18-2010, 10:57 AM
light:smart honer role student ho is considerd the smartest in all of japan
and thinks that the all criminals should die from theifs rapeists,murderers all the way up to terrorists

or

near/L:also extreamly smart infact more so then light that noone evan saw there face untill light got his notebook ho think that killing criminals is atrocious act of mass murder

or

ryuk:pretty dumb shinigami that all he wants is apples and really doesent care one way or the other

or

the public opinion 1:simply glad that criminals are dieing and feel safer

Light:Smart honor role student who is considerd [considered] the smartest in all of Japan
and thinks that the all criminals should die from theifs rapeists [rapist],murderers all the way up to terrorists

or

L:also extreamly [extremely] smart infact more so then light that no one[no one is two words] even saw their [their not there] face until light got his notebook who thinks that killing criminals is atrocious act of mass murder

or

ryuk: pretty dumb shinigami that all he wants is apples and really doesent [doesn't] care one way or the other

or

the public opinion 1:simply glad that criminals are dieing [dying] and feel safer

Your grammar is that of a middle schoolers. Personally my opinion is that I don't care one way or the other. I'm not a criminal so whatever happens doesn't really effect me.

under the rain
12-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Your grammar is that of a middle schooler's. Personally, my opinion is that I don't care one way or the other. I'm not a criminal, so whatever happens doesn't really effect me.

You lose.

Steppenwolf
01-18-2011, 06:44 PM
L.

Light possesses strong ideals and a strong will, but as L states, the action he's taking is shallow and childish. Even with something like the death note, you can't expect the world to turn into a giant, jolly utopia just because you've managed to pick off all the men and women guilty of any legal offenses. Horrible things happen in the world because human beings oppress and exploit their fellow man. Every day people lie and cheat, stab each other in the back. All the way up to the government level, people are dealing under the table and doing ill. Light's plan is absurd. Sure, some thieves and rapists are wiped from the street and crime drops exponentially out of fear, but on the whole, Light's actions wouldn't change a damned thing about humanity.

Romires
01-20-2011, 07:09 PM
I think:

light is like Stalin in USSR or Kim Chin Ir in North korea, he want absolutely control

L is like Churchill, he liberal

Light Buster
01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Both aren't great but I'll choose Light because some bad people sometimes need to go away.

Romires
01-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Both aren't great but I'll choose Light because some bad people sometimes need to go away.
Stalin think so too
20 million people go away...

brolyx74
01-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Stalin think so too
20 million people go away...

Light is like Stalin? That makes me like Light even more. I loved Stalin. Anyway, I side with Light and Ryuk. I don't think killing criminals is wrong, but I wouldn't go as far as Light went with it. Though sometimes I feel like if anything is going to change in the world we need extremists like Light to go out and do crazy things that will bring about that change. I also support Ryuk because he is all about having fun and getting apples. He's a freaking drug addict, only with fruit and he is so funny. He is pretty much only there for comic relief and some plot development, but overall, he is awesome. Back to Light, originally, he was doing what was right. He did get crazy as time progressed, but I don't think he was corrupt. He did everything to try to make sure his perfect world could be achieved, which is what he wanted in the first place. The only thing I didn't like about him was that he refused to get the eyes of the shinigami. If he had traded half his life for the eyes, he could have won. his only mistake was wanting to live a long life and this is wat inevitably led to his demise. However, I don't realy think he changed much. I mean, obviously he changed a lot from himself from before the death note, but once he determined his goal, he didn't waver for money or sex or anything. He was pretty much consistant, so I don't think anyone could really say he was corrupt. Unless I am forgetting something because I haven't watched death note in over a year, in which case please let me know your rebuttal.

Romires
01-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Light is like Stalin? That makes me like Light even more. I loved Stalin. Anyway, I side with Light and Ryuk. I don't think killing criminals is wrong, but I wouldn't go as far as Light went with it. Though sometimes I feel like if anything is going to change in the world we need extremists like Light to go out and do crazy things that will bring about that change. I also support Ryuk because he is all about having fun and getting apples. He's a freaking drug addict, only with fruit and he is so funny. He is pretty much only there for comic relief and some plot development, but overall, he is awesome. Back to Light, originally, he was doing what was right. He did get crazy as time progressed, but I don't think he was corrupt. He did everything to try to make sure his perfect world could be achieved, which is what he wanted in the first place. The only thing I didn't like about him was that he refused to get the eyes of the shinigami. If he had traded half his life for the eyes, he could have won. his only mistake was wanting to live a long life and this is wat inevitably led to his demise. However, I don't realy think he changed much. I mean, obviously he changed a lot from himself from before the death note, but once he determined his goal, he didn't waver for money or sex or anything. He was pretty much consistant, so I don't think anyone could really say he was corrupt. Unless I am forgetting something because I haven't watched death note in over a year, in which case please let me know your rebuttal.
I don't think that kill criminal it is wrong, too. for exemple, I agree with some country, when they kill legally drug dealer. But single person can't rule. all unlimited power do people crazy. He try rule the world, himself. I think it is naive. In my opinion he wasn't consistent, because he, start demonstrate to police his power. and thought that, L and everyone who oppose his, are enemy. It is a problem all dictator, they can't understand when doing something wrong. So that I support L

PS sorry for my english )

Meteorkeeper
02-01-2011, 05:14 PM
I donít fully agree with any of them Light started off good but down the rode became more and more corrupt and not to mention completely insane. With something like the death note special measures need to be taken.
It can not be allowed to stay in the position of one person to long, overwhelming power will always corrupted whoever welds it. Before this happens the death note needs to be passed on to someone who will use it for the betterment of all mankind.

CMNDR_Spinxie
02-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Though Light Yagami's original ideals were noble, the power/ability to kill whomever you please is just something that shouldn't be placed completely in the hands of another human being (by him/her self). There is always room for biased or corruption in those cases. Also, it doesn't leave room for the evolution of a lifespan: sometimes -- although rarely -- people convicted of crimes have an epiphany which creates a change in heart; and some prisoners are also innocent. I, for one, like to allow the possibility of positive growth. However, there are cases where people will not change and are, seemingly, innately "evil," such were many of Light's original victims.

I believe his problem was that he was just too ambitious. He was ambitious about punishing criminals, so he rushed it; he killed as many as he could instead of cleverly approaching the situation (especially after he found out that he could control the method and time of death). Had he orchestrated the skill a little better instead of rushing into it, he would never have been brought into suspicion and thus never had to suddenly shift onto the defensive (the trigger that escalated his change into a monster). Kira was, unfortunately, power-hungry.

It can also be argued that it was the magical properties of the Deathnote itself that further instigated the primal thirst for control in him. Like an amplifying drug...still, we're prisoners of our own device, and Ryuk even warned him (in all fairness).

So, I agree with L's side in bringing Kira down. He was obstructing the balance of things.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Plus: I don't think that L would be opposed to the killing of murderers, he himself is a man of fair justice. However, since he noticed behavioral patterns that were alarming in Light's approach, he saw the potential of a horrific tyrant.

animefreak666
03-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Maybe there is something in criminals genes/brain function that makes them more susceptible to voilent/criminal behaviour? And by culling down the poeple who engage in these activities is actively pushing human evolution towards a better way of thinking and living. If the "criminals" kept dying by the hand of a "kira" wouldnt we be eventually left with an evolutionised humaninity who's brains are only capable of good intentions?

I totally agree with light but think someone who is a bit more emotionally stable might have "won" and not got so power drunk.

-Edit-

Also, whoever was using the death note would have to kill themselves after the "job" was done otherwise they would risk passing on their easy acceptance of death to other people/their kids.

Lord
03-13-2011, 08:24 PM
[COLOR="white"]Your grammar is that of a middle schoolers. Personally my opinion is that I don't care one way or the other. I'm not a criminal so whatever happens doesn't really effect me.

I think everyone understood him, you didn't need to correct his grammar. Just a lame way trying to look "cool" and "academic" at the same time, total failure. Also very mean.

OT: I'm on Light's side, when you watch tv.. and you see rapists, murderers etc etc.. walk free.. you always think.. if someone could just f****** kill them.. Light did that, people are really just to afraid to say that out loud.. instead they pretend to be some kind of saints " Killing is not the right way to solve this! It is not RIGHT! "

Cut the crap, we all know what you really think and what you really want.

animefreak666
03-14-2011, 07:28 PM
@ Ser ega

Thats exactly right. People are too obsessed with looking and sounding politically correct to actually realise by acting that way they are not being true to themselves and they are slowly killing their own personlity. Not to say that accounts for everyone who say they wouldnt kill but the majority...Yes

Sword
03-14-2011, 07:57 PM
OT: I'm on Light's side, when you watch tv.. and you see rapists, murderers etc etc.. walk free.. you always think.. if someone could just f****** kill them.. Light did that, people are really just to afraid to say that out loud.. instead they pretend to be some kind of saints " Killing is not the right way to solve this! It is not RIGHT! "

Cut the crap, we all know what you really think and what you really want.

While I think you're ight about peoples' real thoughts on stuff like that, I have to point out that that's not all that was going on in Light's head. Light's bigger plan for an ideal world was stupid. He wanted to be a fascist dictator, which would essentially be the same as the entire world being ruled by North Korea.

I agree with L here, although that is only because Light is the one with the Death Note which evidently is extremely dangerous. I wouldn't hold L's resolve if I was the one in possession of the Death Note, but I wouldn't hold Light's either. I'd probably just do what I felt like with it tbh.

animeangelgirl
06-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Well I'm totally agree with Light.I think he's the justice because he want to change this bad world in a good one

SwiftKill GunToting
09-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I really cannot get my views straight with this!!

Like Light.....oh, i so very much want that power!! I want to kill off criminals indiscriminately and pay them back for all the wrong they've ever done!!

But like L, I know that's psychotic. A person should never have that power. Light is just as evil as the criminals he punishes.

I can see myself in either position, really. Well, so long as I'm not playing the part of Misa I suppose I can live. I guess things just aren't black and white looking at it in any angle!!

thefudgeyouwant
09-05-2011, 07:03 PM
I agree with near/l. The most dangerous "criminals" are the ones who haven't been caught or discovered yet. I don't think it's right because killing them just means that they won't have to suffer at all. Although I think jail is to soft for people who have committed more serious crimes. All except for murder because sometimes people kill other people for reasons that aren't evil.

Darkhallows
09-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Light.
In the end all he wanted was a better world, and he achieved that even if it wasn't a nice way to go about it. Did he go crazy? Yeah. Power does that to people, it's character development.

Gauntlgrym
09-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I think everyone understood him, you didn't need to correct his grammar. Just a lame way trying to look "cool" and "academic" at the same time, total failure. Also very mean.

well said

OT:
i'm with light, before he started to lose it.

the world is better off without "evil" people in it. if you have proof/evidence that someone is evil, then good riddance.
although when he started killing and/or thinking about killing people just to cover his own butt, he lost my support.

Frederica Sawyer
09-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Ryuk. Manipulating things ever so slightly is great fun, especially if you get all the tasty apples you want out of it.