PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect of Evangelion 3.0?

The Archangel
10-10-2010, 07:12 PM
It's a whole new territory, with the ending of 2.0 being so drastically different from the original saga i can honestly say i have no idea how they'll take it from here

I will say this though, if they can just manage to keep Shinji's GAR levels to the extreme it reached in the previous movie i'll be happy no matter what they do

The_Grey_Wolf
07-23-2012, 02:42 PM
I expect nothing short of greatness from the Gainax team. I am generally a serious and fairly temperamental person, and I honestly could not retain the tears of joy I had watching 1.01 and 2.22. Those were and are the 2 best movies I have ever seen. The animation? Beautiful. The music? God-tier. The story? Glorious. 3.33 will be far better than any fan could possibly dream of simply because of how elusive the fan service for it is. Hideaki Anno is truly a saint.

GuiltySpark
02-18-2013, 12:06 AM
I expect nothing short of greatness from the Gainax team. I am generally a serious and fairly temperamental person, and I honestly could not retain the tears of joy I had watching 1.01 and 2.22. Those were and are the 2 best movies I have ever seen. The animation? Beautiful. The music? God-tier. The story? Glorious. 3.33 will be far better than any fan could possibly dream of simply because of how elusive the fan service for it is. Hideaki Anno is truly a saint.

Your post intrigues me. I really liked the way the series ended and was ok with the EoE. I was unsure if I should go into the Rebuilds because I thought it unnecessary. Your description tempts me to reconsider.

Kira477
02-18-2013, 03:13 AM
Your post intrigues me. I really liked the way the series ended and was ok with the EoE. I was unsure if I should go into the Rebuilds because I thought it unnecessary. Your description tempts me to reconsider.

Do at least watch 2.0! It's an amazing film in my opinion. 1.0 is just ok-ok if you've watched the series before.

Kumagawa
02-18-2013, 06:18 PM
I've seen the camrip and it's fucking retarded. I'm not going to spoil too much
The're a timeskip seven years into the future, nerv split up into two factions, Gendo at the head of old nerv and misato at the head of the new organisation. Asuka and Mari work for new nerv, rei disapeared somewhere and kaworu works for old nerv. What shinji did at the end of 2.0 caused the world to be even more crappy so everyone hates him. Also kaworu is really gay. And he dies at the end.

LuciusMaximal
02-20-2013, 10:50 AM

I cannot agree more. I can't seem to go a week without a dose of 2.22, and what would be the point of not watching 1.11 for good measure.

That being said, I'm forcing myself to keep low expectations for the third outing. 2.22 was so good, I don't think they'll be able to top it. To be fair, it's a good approach to take into any film. Where's the fun in going to see something with high expectations, merely to leave satisfied rather then elated?

rebirthoflife
05-10-2013, 11:04 PM
I feel that 3.33 will be 1of the best adaptations of the eva series the way that where able to take out what was unbearable and take the story line in a new direction without breaking away from the underline tone I can't wh8t for 3.33

Jozette
05-11-2013, 01:00 AM
http://youtu.be/8NhMGqC38lg