PDA

View Full Version : Do you still like Yu-Gi-Oh?

Tearsh
10-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I loved Yu-Gi-Oh and I would collect duel monster cards (still have them today), and I would watch it every saturday when it came on, and I watched about every single episode, and then I did sports my fifth grade year and I would miss the shows, but I still thought they would be playing them when I got into Jr. High and they didn't have it anymore.

Yu-Gi-Oh is still on but it's not the origional. It's called Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds, and they ride motercycles and play duel monsters at the same time. I stopped collecting them, and I'm now in High School.

Any of you guys still like Yu-Gi-Oh? I do, but only the old version and not the new one.

HumanoidTyphoon
10-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Yes, in my opinion, Yu-Gi-Oh was surprisingly deep for a childs anime, but only in the original version. 4kids decided to **** everything up to incorporate THE POWER OF LOOOOOVE. But in the original Japanese version it was awesome pretty much until the end of the Battle City series

AyrynnStarr
10-23-2010, 12:20 AM
i loved Yu-Gi-Oh! up until the main characters were gone, then i stopped liking it. :|

Hikarin
10-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Yeah, I think it's cute^^ I still listen to all the songs (Japanese) too, cause they're good ;p

Shini
10-23-2010, 10:16 AM
I still like Yu-Gi-Oh. I haven't seen it since after they first touched down on Battle City, but I remember watching it up until then somewhat and collecting a ton of the cards.

Jiru
11-09-2010, 07:02 PM
It kind of holds a special play with me. It was one of my favourite series of all time. Especially the manga. The original characters and everything just got to me. I was especially a fan of the Egyptian arc...

Unfortunately, I stopped right after the first series.
I just can't imagine a Yuugiou minus the original gang..... e.O;; At least I got some kind of conclusion.

rotlung
11-10-2010, 08:17 AM
The aniime was alright. I got a little tired of them screaming as the played their cards....

The actually card game game it horrible, uncreative and generally bad. It was a cheap rip off of MTG and involed little to no thought to play. Also if u didn't have the most expensive cards u stood no chance of winning in real tournoments. The fact it was basically each player slaps down and a card and u see who wins make me actaully start to hate the game. I have a similar feeling about Pokemon although that game was slightly better designed due to the fact u didn't get to do things for free.

Bisoux
11-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Well, I wasn't much of a Yu-Gi-Oh fan to begin with.
Can't say I never liked it though.
It's just that I lost interest over time.

fantasyfreak
11-17-2010, 10:57 AM
I still like it. Even the later series that are on now. The card game might have been somewhat simplistic in the beginning, but it has gotten more complex over time. The thing about 4kids is sadly still true today. And sure, the original characters were great, but I grew to like the newer characters. Just because Yugi,Jonouchi and the gang were the very first, doesnt mean that they should be the one and only. I actually get annoyed sometimes at people who say:the first was awesomesauce! but the new ones sucks! The thing I like the most about Yu-Gi-Oh is how they incorporate mythology into the story. First it was just egyptian mythology, but now they have tried various others as well(though with mixed results, I gotta confess). Okay, I am done ranting now.

rotlung
11-30-2010, 06:22 PM
The game was more than simplistic. It was whoever had the better cards won. I played MTG until it died out in my area. YuGiOh is still going strong and it took the designers of the game almost 2 to 3 years to figure out that some cards were too powerful and need to be restricted/banned. Magic never had that problem until like Tempest block (which was the 8th set released for the game...) YuGiOh had the those type of problems from the first set until the designers figured out how to try and "scale it back" which IMO they never accomplished.

Noodle94
12-07-2010, 06:00 AM
Well, I must say that i don't like Yu Gi Oh anymore... I used to love the old guys Marik, Bakura, Kaiba, and the others. For me GX season isn't bad also, but this 5D's is huge crap... I can't believe what have they done with Yu Gi Oh... Cards, duels, characters... everything sucks big time... :/

.Tatty.
12-07-2010, 07:34 AM
I love Yu-Gi-Oh, I still manage to beat all these Syncro monsters and Tuner monsters and ZIGZAGAWOOGABOOGA with my good old macro deck.

Gero50
12-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Indeed I do, it is one of my most favorites dispite GX and %Ds. I like DM most but 5Ds is okay, but I hate GX.

Hypatia
12-09-2010, 05:35 PM
I think that the first Yu-Gi-Oh was the best. I liked the characters and I liked the fact that it was based on Egyptian mythology. Then Yu-Gi-Oh GX came along. I watched and it was not bad. I would say though that the first was the best as for the sequels they just seem to get worse.

X_Lightheart_X
12-15-2010, 02:04 AM
Love the Yu-Gi-Oh! Series, well the one with Yugi as the main character anyhow :)

Ultor grissom
12-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Remember I used to watch the original series.
Even owned some cards, I remember the machine cards used to be my favorite for some reason, guess it was my interest in mechs and Sci-Fi in general that made it so.
I have not really seen any of the new shows and I do not really have an interest in Yu-Gi-Oh cards anymore but maybe I will download the Yu-Gi-Oh card game on Xbox Live arcade just for fun, to see if I can still play the game.

Ciel_Phantomhive28
01-22-2011, 05:18 AM
I still like Yu-Gi-Oh very much I miss the old episodes. GX was ok some of the episodes were ok. But when you put them on motor bikes in a furture setting kinda takes the joy out of it. I got a lot of the cards myself mostly from one friend others I got myself. I even got a couple Pc games where you can duel Kaiba or Yu-Gi its fun.

animeyay
01-22-2011, 11:56 AM
I liked everything up to the arc when Kaiba was trapped in a virtual game machine by a conspiracy of some people from his company.
Then I stopped watching it for some reason.

frandavis
01-27-2011, 03:28 AM
I love Yu-Gi-Oh and like to entertain with it's episodes on my every weekend. I like everything about this anime. character of this anime Kaiba, Marik and Bakura are so cute. storyline, stuff and songs played in this anime are always enjoyable. It's pretty cool anime for me.

OtakuWillis94
04-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I still like Yu-Gi-Oh! , except for 5D's. I thought it was lame and lacking a lot. I enjoyed pretty much every season up until 5D's began. The original (Duelist Kingdom) and the Battle City saga still hold special places in my heart as my favorite sagas.
I still have all of my cards and have a deck that I play pick-up games with from time-to-time. I still follow everything abaout the card game; from card legality to new sets. Heck, I even buy a few packs sometimes.

Truth is, the game is still rather enjoyable. But the anime just doesn't work for me when it comes to 5D's. Maybe the next season will be better.... I hope....

Lily Rock
04-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I love the series, GX is okay, Duel Monsters are best, haven't seen 5D's yet, nowadays I ain't playing games so I'll marathon YGO sometime.
And I still play the TGC, got 2 decks, 90-110 cards total, buying new one's soon enough.

Digimon__Sommelier
04-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Absolutely! Though I really don't like that Yugi and the gang, including Seto Kaiba, didn't get developed for a few more seasons. Jaden and Yusei sort of came, like, right after, and my interest dwindled a tad bit. Plus, the show got kind of... strange later on. Something about cards and motorcycles...

elaina2173
06-16-2011, 03:36 PM
I LOVE YU-GI-OH! It is still one of my favorite series. GX and 5Ds aren't nearly as good as the original, but I'm too much of a fan to stop watching. I don't care if people make fun of me for it :P original is still the best of course!

xcix
06-18-2011, 08:42 PM
I actually hate it, now. The original series was good and all, but when they came out with this other one Yugioh GX or whatever, it became lame. The original characters are gone and so with it went the plot it had.
The new ones look as though they came right out of some kind of shojou series and not from a more serious background. ;o_O 's just my opinion, though. Derp.

Screwby
06-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Like most here the original is my favorite though I really liked the Elemental Hero card series

Vanilla Tsundere
06-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Well sure I do. c: I only like the old series with Yugi and company, but I still like it. GX and 5D's were kind of...eh. IMO.

DreamScar
06-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I'm out of school in university now and I still love it. I feel like a child again when I watch it.
I loved the fact that it was darker than most other cartoons on, these new ones are to happy-clappy for me

Tetsanosuke
06-26-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm an old fan on Yu-Gi-Oh!, I'm just currently in the works for trying to watch all of it in its original Japanese with subs. All three series (DM, GX, 5D's) are cool, and I enjoy them all fairly equally. I'm aiming to finish 5D's before I go onto their next crazy series thing.

♥Cutealicious83♥
06-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I used to watch Yu-Gi-Oh all the time but I lost interest in it for a while but I'm getting back into now.

Lily Rock
06-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Got my Egyptian Gods yesterday, and a few other cards like Dark Paladin, I was very satisfied with them.
Anyone ever played a tourney? I'm still abit behind on things like that, because I'm still using a few banned cards, that is kinda necessary for my current build.

Kaien
07-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I still like Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters but not like before it ends 'cause i'm a little annoyed on how they defeat Zorc.

ironglass
07-18-2011, 05:07 AM
I still like the yugioh card game...... its fun enough to keep me from being bored. lol
I do agree that the new anime for it is crap though :P
I never really liked the fact that they scream at the top of their lungs as they throw down a piece of cardboard onto a metal plate........... but i got used to it after a few eps. in the original series

Screwby
07-18-2011, 08:14 AM
My brother came to visit and we ended up having a Yu-Gi-Oh game marathon. 5DS cards are not too bad thought the Syncro cards would wreck the fun but it fits quite nicely

nrL
07-18-2011, 11:27 AM
I've never liked it to begin with.

WoodKid
09-19-2011, 02:39 AM
I still enjoy watching the anime....have not seen it as of late. I agree though when 4kids got their pink hands on it....wow..the original was awesome....the games are also very good, I still enjoy a good duel every now and then.

SuXrys
09-19-2011, 04:35 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScYXa9s0CZH45rI3C31Mb7s8cB2SPyY XpG35OnsN_Hw-ApkOyiZQ
Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? How dare you even ask me a question like this?
Of course I still love the show!

I feel offended. Brooklyn rage!!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEp-o6hYf1geo-9I99cNhTQRPjtHT28-86yfV9PylLMDZ6x_pd_A

This thread is insane!
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiePJTgWChTD8EAhFI4ThPOvBUwDsS0 hRzYx0OimOwxBnL4JSG2Q

sephygirl1789
09-22-2011, 04:32 PM
yes i am still a big fan of yugioh and yes they do play the original it comes on wpix at 8:00 am central and again at 10:30 am central time i still collect the cards and quite the collection where it is at on the original now is the raging dragon or something where the cards come to life in the present day

cutiepiefrost1
09-22-2011, 04:45 PM
I love Yu-Gi-Oh i played the card game all the time but I dont anymore:( my little brother got to my cards and lost them :( But I have a video game thats Yu-Gi-Oh and I paly it sometimes lol :P I wish it was on again

shio_fujioka
09-29-2011, 11:07 PM
I love Yu-Gi-Oh i played the card game all the time but I dont anymore:( my little brother got to my cards and lost them :( But I have a video game thats Yu-Gi-Oh and I paly it sometimes lol :P I wish it was on again

It is on Toonzami every saturday, along with Sonic X, TaiChi Chasers, Dragonball Z Kai, and Magi-Nation.

Anyways about the topic, I play it sometimes, but I more like to watch it. Some people I know play it, and sometimes they convince me to play also. A lot of my friends play Pokemon tcg though, and I've started to get into that cause I love pokemon.

Souhi
09-29-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm still a bit of a closet fan of the card game. Haven't collected in years, but I still enjoy keeping up with rules/strategies and even the anime. The strategy behind a franchise like Yugioh is pretty timeless, so I don't feel so silly about it.

5Ds is surprisingly decent. The dub voices are still as hilariously cheesy as always and the friendship thing is played up like an after school special, but that's part of the charm I suppose.

mimichan1000
09-30-2011, 04:46 PM
I have'nt watched any of the new spinoffs .
I still collect the cards from my Shonen Jump mags.
I liked the original show with Yugi and his friends...

SuXrys
09-30-2011, 04:54 PM
To come back and talk in this thread again I can happely inform that I have downloaded the Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes again and are currently watching one of them while typing this. Are watching epiosode 104, season 3. Love that season, love that show, love Kaiba, love everything about it. ^^

I think I'll never stop liking Yu-Gi-Oh! Infact, my dad (as most parents) arn't that into anime and doesn't understand it. He therefore calls all animes you "Yu-Gi-Oh". I think it may have something do with the fact that when I started to get really into anime YuGiOh was my favorite show so growing up he saw me watching that one show alot. So even nowdays he says: Are you watching yugioh again? (when im actually are watching something else, but everything that has to do with anime is yu-gi-oh to him). ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyzqf3BypxQ

Digimon__Sommelier
09-30-2011, 08:31 PM
The originals= YES.

ZEXAL, on the other foot, yuckk-sel! *ah, here comes the pain* The futuristic theme to the show was alright, but the subs I watched were terrible, in my opinion!

WHERE IS YUGI!!!? *Sad*

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out...

SigmaSD
09-30-2011, 08:55 PM
I haven't played it in a long time but I'm pretty sure I still love.

who?what?where?
11-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Well not anymore because...i got tired of it!

Darkfire Knight
11-29-2011, 01:32 PM
The spoofs that Card Games FTW make on YouTube are hilarious......
Also much love for Kaiba's hacking musicxD

SuXrys
11-29-2011, 01:53 PM
I learn so much from Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. :')
It's super-special-awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYzaJ_mXkMk&feature=related

animangachik315
11-29-2011, 01:54 PM
of course!!! im 14 and a girl so when they see you going into card game club your immediatley dubbed"nerd" yaa know? but that doesnt make it any less cool!though i dont reall y get yugioh zexal...

Darkfire Knight
11-29-2011, 03:08 PM
"It was wrong of me to force you all to work over the Christmas Period...."
"You really mean it?"
"Yes.", "Instead I've decided to fire all of you....."
BahahahahaxD
Gotta love the video....

SuXrys
11-29-2011, 03:37 PM
"It was wrong of me to force you all to work over the Christmas Period...."
"You really mean it?"
"Yes.", "Instead I've decided to fire all of you....."
BahahahahaxD
Gotta love the video....

Gotta love the good old classics! ;D Better then Shakespeare ~ x))

Darkfire Knight
11-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Yep.
*leans back in chair and sighs*
Yugioh GX and 5D's are no match for the original

SuXrys
11-29-2011, 06:16 PM
^ yupp yupp double yupps.

Young people these days... *cries*
They just don't appreciete good art anymore...

OtakuInu!!!
11-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Yes I still do! :D But I forgot what happened in most of the episodes. It was a long time ago. I'm planning to re-watch it though.

I think I still have the trading cards. But I forgot where I put them.

Omega Dragon Warlord
01-13-2012, 10:22 AM
I liked the anime from the 2nd season until GX... GX was just the end of it for me.

AnimeFrost
01-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Started watching =D srry im late it looks good to me so far (episode 3 right now)

KageNoNeko
01-16-2012, 08:55 PM
I still like the original series better than the spinoffs. The last season of GX was bleh. 5Ds is decent, but it is taking too long to go through and doesn't hold my interest at all. Now ZeXal, the new series, has made me change my mind about watching another Yu-Gi-Oh series because I was going to quit watching the series after 5Ds. ZeXal is better than 5Ds, but still doesn't hold a candle to the original.

I do have to mention that one of the episodes that I watched subbed on Hulu called the main character of ZeXal by the name of the main character from 5Ds. Now that was something that really cracked me up.

Kaburagi-Akira
01-21-2012, 06:14 AM
In moderate yes. I do believe its become quite ridiculously overpowered now. what is this new one is it Zexaul or something?
I remember the good old days. Why it was just two days ago i was playing the old Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories on my ps2 :)

SuXrys
01-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Started watching =D srry im late it looks good to me so far (episode 3 right now)

You mean the original show or one of the later ones?

Digimon__Sommelier
01-21-2012, 08:53 AM
The current series ZEXAL- That's a double negative.
If they bring back the original characters in a newer series, chiefly Yugi Moto/Yami Yugi- Affirmative.

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out...

AnimeFrost
01-21-2012, 06:14 PM
You mean the original show or one of the later ones? Original you know Yugi

Dark_Galaxy
05-03-2012, 03:42 PM
I will always love Yu-gi-oh.
I hear a lot of people saying that 5D's and Zexal are bad, but I personally like them (not as much as the original, though)
I'd have to say, however, that 5D's is my least favorite :P

Otaku Jordan
05-03-2012, 04:37 PM
I actually liked GX better than any of the others. I think the idea of going to school to learn how to play a TCG just appealed to me. XD

Princess Cupcake
05-04-2012, 05:07 PM
I liked Yu-Gi-Oh when it first came out and I would get home from school and watch it everyday while eating a bowl of cereal or snacking on something sweet. I won't watch the newer episodes though. I'm just like... meh. But anyways, I still like classic Yu-Gi-Oh and sport a boy's size T-shirt with Yami and his monsters in the background that says "It's Time to Duel!" ;D

Tetsanosuke
06-04-2012, 09:33 PM
I do still enjoy Yugioh. And play the card game

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's revamped my appreciation of the series, too bad the English dub wipes away the air of dramatic flair the Japanese version keeps. Summoning chants = Yes. I enjoyed how they managed to fit in the plot of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anniversary movie into the final story arc; and came full circle. The final duel was almost as good as the Ceremonial Duel between Yugi and Atem. But the latter was basically the best throw-down in the series which I have seen so far.

ZeXal is nifty too. It pays homage to DM by the main character being in a more or less regular school (for the future).

I still want to watch everything in Japanese with subs, and I still need to finish GX. But regardless of this the Duelist fires still burn within. Hahah.

Kaleohano
06-05-2012, 04:25 AM
nope. I liked the original one when i was like 9. I tried watching some of it a little while back and just can't figure out what it was that i liked about it.

gff135
06-05-2012, 10:30 AM
i still lik it i still hav 1st gen cards hahhahahahahha its hard finding others :(

Chi The Sweet
06-05-2012, 10:31 AM
yeah maybe ....they made more of them after 5Ds it went down hill from there!!!

Steven21088
06-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I used to really enjoy watching the original series not a fan of the newer ones though i have to say, i also had a metric f*** ton of cards as well.

Mystelinth
06-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Used to like it really much when i was watching it about 8-9 years ago? But at some point it was thrown of of the Dutch TV sooo didn't watch it since then, always wanted to pick it up again but while i was planning to do that i always found something i thought was more intresting.

Creasy
06-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Yami Yugi & Seto Kaiba are untouchable!
Fuck this bull with motorcycles and so on!

Time for a dududududdudu DUEL!

nightAme
06-30-2012, 11:53 PM
I still like the original, but I want to see the original version with English subs.

Ranshiin
07-01-2012, 06:18 AM
I still like the original, but I want to see the original version with English subs.
I'd actually have to concur on this, although the original original Yu-Gi-Oh! (the one before Duel Monsters) was ... well ... a completely different ball-game.

I can't really recommend any way to watch it, though. It's difficult to find. :/

BraddyKun
07-01-2012, 06:38 AM
I grew out of the anime years ago, but I still watch it every now and then...it's some kind of guilty pleasure for me.

Because of that, I like GX in some aspects over the original, mainly the plot and characters. Sorry, but I always found it more interesting than the original as a kid.

MVPDJ23
07-01-2012, 12:54 PM
i dont like the new ones but i like the original ones :)

Whirlpool
08-10-2012, 05:18 AM
I loved the original series..but the new series are really annoying..but if it contains the main characters then I would watch them..they really need to make a new series with the original characters and revive Atem too

Ape
08-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I stopped watching after the whole Pegasus thing. It used to be kind of badass, but I was also in like 6th grade.

Matea2306
08-10-2012, 01:52 PM
I still like Yu-Gi-Oh!,I watched it when It was on croatian tv,but now Im watching on japanese with subs and its better :D

FatalEnd21
08-24-2012, 02:13 PM
I still really like the original. I also liked GX but only it's season 3 and 4. I re-watched a couple of episodes of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! not too long ago either, and it brought back memories from when I first watched it. xD I don't like 5D's at all and Zexal is okay I guess.

MightyJabba
09-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Hell no. The new game system is very good and i still play it. But the anime sucks hard now.

darkrider21
09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
i useto watch it back in 2000-2003 but i dont like it now

PinkGalaxies
09-06-2012, 11:57 PM
The Yugi/Yami Yugi one is the only one I like. The rest are blah.

✞GrimStride✞
09-07-2012, 05:11 AM
I have many fond memories of the original series. The game itself was fun and the monsters looked amazing . I even collected cards like most kids my age .

But when i tried watching it a couple of years ago for old time's sake, it felt a bit too melodramatic to be honest . I couldn't bare watching it as a young adult . I'd rather just remember it :wink:

Syreni~Girl
11-21-2012, 03:44 PM
I used to love yu gi oh so much and watch it everyday but now because of my school and all i watch it once per month and i still like it ^^

Kazetori
01-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh the abridged series has definitely helped to keep me interested in Yu-Gi-Oh. I always loved YGO, and would collect and play the card game all the time, but I don't really play anymore. The anime is something I want to rewatch, although seems like a bit of a time investment. :3

TheZanmato
03-11-2013, 02:28 AM
I love only first seasons with Yami/Yugi :P I still love that card game, of course :)

Edo-Madara
03-11-2013, 05:02 AM
I played the card game in the early days and i still watch the season with Yugi/Yami :D

MrPink
03-27-2013, 06:18 PM
I loved/love Yugioh! I still have my decks and still play whenever i can find someone to play. I only like the original and GX series though. But as far as gameplay i love the new cards and i guess i cant complain much with synchro monsters. I also remember when me and my friend were deep into playing yugioh we acctually found a forum somewhere that you actually dueled someone but it was really hard because you drew blank cards and they could be any card you want/needed them to be so long as it was in your deck that you state when you join the thread. It got really complicated and very competitive although its hard to explain. Wish i could find where that was...

Darksocks
04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
I enjoyed watching it when I was a small human. I am currently rewatching it though mainly for the hilariously bad written dialogue and nonsensical card games. Though to be honest I probably wouldn't have if it weren't for yugioh the abridged series.

livetogetrad
04-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Not the new series. Sometimes, if I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll watch some episodes from the original. GX, I could tolerate but anything after that, no thank you. Ruined.

Gumbyfair
04-14-2013, 08:16 PM
I loved and still love the original Yu-Gi-Oh!, though I don't have any cards anymore, I got all the seasons on DVD, including the miniseries and the movie! Love it!

B.Rabbit
07-03-2013, 03:19 AM
I loved and still love the original Yu-Gi-Oh!, though I don't have any cards anymore, I got all the seasons on DVD, including the miniseries and the movie! Love it!

By original are you referring to the US aired version of duelist kingdom or the really original version Yu-gi-oh season 0 were the card game was minut and the pharoahs shadow games were top notch.

qjackson
07-03-2013, 11:02 AM
I like the original but it is a very nostalgic show for me, its better in Japanese.

Fandom Fate
08-23-2013, 04:41 PM
I still love Yu-Gi-Oh! I play the game on my XBOX using 5Ds and occasionally wander onto Duelist Network but I sold all my cards and there's better things for me to buy again so. I'm rewatching the original series, never gotten past Episode 20 of GX but I'm intending to watch it soon, same for 5Ds and Zexal!

Glies
09-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I still like YuGi-Oh!
But it looks way different from when I watched when I was like 12...
They even sound different.

Myrdraalshinigami
10-05-2013, 02:27 PM
I used to and still love the original yugioh. gx was sort of good too, but I wouldn't hold it to how awesome the original one is. I think 5d's is where it started falling apart. and I still have all of the cards from when I was younger. (then again I still have my Pokémon cards and Legos, so I feel a little odd as a highschooler. but I'm not worrying about it. i'll move them later.)81074

Luciferrr
12-05-2013, 01:07 AM
I know this is a late reply but, basically gave up after Yu-Gi-Oh GX (the second best in my opinion) then they came out with 5D'S which is stupid and now they have some stupid series called like "Zexal Force" or something like that. Honestly I can't stand it anymore, I quit watching and collecting about 2-3 years ago.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

But I will admit the theme song for 5D'S is pretty catchy/good same with GX

Draconess25
01-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Only the original. Marik, Bakura, Joey, and Seto are my faves. Apparently 4kids ruined it, but that's the version I grew up with, so it doesn't bother me. As a rule, I've tried at least 1 episode of every series after the original. They all suck.

Yoko Littner
01-25-2014, 02:20 AM
Only the original. Marik, Bakura, Joey, and Seto are my faves. Apparently 4kids ruined it, but that's the version I grew up with, so it doesn't bother me. As a rule, I've tried at least 1 episode of every series after the original. They all suck.

How come everyone thinks every series after the "original" is bad? 5ds actually had a great story and was easily the best series plot wise. The USA original version was good, but the real original version with the Yami games just feels better made IMO.

Draconess25
01-25-2014, 12:51 PM
How come everyone thinks every series after the "original" is bad? 5ds actually had a great story and was easily the best series plot wise. The USA original version was good, but the real original version with the Yami games just feels better made IMO.

Because everyone has their own opinions. Unlike most others, I actually gave the other series a chance, but I just couldn't stand them. For me, I just tend to like characters I grew up with. It's really hard for me to get into any other new anime for the same reason. I'm not as impressionable as I used to be, so the characters have to appeal to me immediately for me to stay interested.

GameGeeks
01-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Because everyone has their own opinions. Unlike most others, I actually gave the other series a chance, but I just couldn't stand them. For me, I just tend to like characters I grew up with. It's really hard for me to get into any other new anime for the same reason. I'm not as impressionable as I used to be, so the characters have to appeal to me immediately for me to stay interested.
Boy are you missing out then. Not only anime but books, movies, etc.

Draconess25
01-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Possibly. But oh well. First impressions are extremely important to me. Especially on tv or in real life, because voices get on my nerves, so the person themself has to be interesting enough to not irritate me. That's why I'm antisocial. If someone says/does something stupid when I first meet them, I'm done already. Same with shows. The characters have to be particularly interesting.

Yoko Littner
01-25-2014, 10:13 PM

IMO most people say every version after duel monsters is bad due to nostalgia (like you clearly said you do).

Zexal is really bad and GX is eh.

Draconess25
01-25-2014, 11:27 PM
IMO most people say every version after duel monsters is bad due to nostalgia (like you clearly said you do).

Zexal is really bad and GX is eh.

Meh, it's not so much nostalgia as it is being hard to impress. When I was a kid, I was easier to impress, so that stuff stuck with me. Nowadays, I can't even stand tv in general. I have to already be into it to even bother with watching it. I lack patience. Only things I'm not picky with are books, music, and video games.

Yoko Littner
01-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Meh, it's not so much nostalgia as it is being hard to impress. When I was a kid, I was easier to impress, so that stuff stuck with me. Nowadays, I can't even stand tv in general. I have to already be into it to even bother with watching it. I lack patience. Only things I'm not picky with are books, music, and video games.

I completely understand as I also cannot stand tv (not counting anime, NFL and the occasional WWE). Maybe not you, but some people rip on anything new just because they want to think its worse than what they grew up with. 90s cartoons were def better hands down and I understand that argument and the same goes with old WWF, but Yugioh 5ds actually has an impressive plot and decent characters.

Draconess25
01-25-2014, 11:56 PM
I just personally can't get into them. I think the reason I don't like tv anymore is because everyone in my family has the volume over halfway up, and I simply don't like loud voices. They make me angry. If someone is only 2 feet away, they shouldn't be talking so loud that I could hear them from 10 feet away. And I guess hearing the people on tv talk so loud just burnt me out on it. I have the patience for music, video games, books, and shows I already like enough that they have no chance of annoying me. xD I have to be REALLY bored, tired, or high to watch a new show. But I totally know what you mean about ripping on anything new. Like with the new Pokemon games. They're no more or less creative than the Gen I. ><

Ai-no-Miko
03-14-2014, 12:45 AM
I still like the first series, and if I could find a way to get my hands on it I would. I remember loving the manga too when I was younger, back when they actually still published the Shonen Jump magazine in English I really looked forward to it. I never got around to actually collecting the graphic novels though, and I'm not sure I could even still find them. It'd be nice though.

Digimon__Sommelier
03-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I like Yu-Gi-Oh. The future series (like ZEXAL), which is currently playing, confuses me, but they're good too.

Toshiro Tazukura
03-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Nay the show is ridiculous with all these new rules