PDA

View Full Version : Do you still collect?

Yoko Littner
09-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Do you still collect Yugioh Cards or have you stopped?..

I used to be a major fan of collecting them, but I eventually stopped around a couple years ago! It got kinda boring, but how about everyone else?

Maha Vailo
09-27-2010, 10:15 PM
I haven't been collecting much these days, mainly because I can't hit the local tournaments like I used to, but there are some older cards I'd like to get eventually.
I haven't kept up with the new releases - I was thrown for a loop when I discovered the Psychic-type monsters. o_O

Saxima
09-27-2010, 11:32 PM
I haven't collected a card in a good three or four years. Then again, I don't need to, I have a deck of about 200 or so. Thank you Aunt Diana<3

Token Black Guy
09-28-2010, 02:09 AM
I used to collect yugioh cards, but i stopped because i got bored with it.

Uta-chan~
09-28-2010, 06:10 AM
I only collected the pretty ones years ago haha~

Panda-chan31
09-28-2010, 02:38 PM
I have a bunch, but I quit collecting them after they started coming out with the wierd cards from Yu Gi Oh GX.
Just like I stopped watching the show around that time.

Daken.
10-10-2010, 01:31 AM
I stopped after they came out with the synchros and tuners, I mean, come on.

Plus my friends stopped dueling, so then I decided to also, I sold all my cards.

Ultor grissom
12-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Nope, I gave my deck away actually I think.
I think some of my friends still have their decks but I doubt any of them still collect.

Xanfiore
12-28-2010, 02:06 AM
I used to collect them..But,it's been 7 or 6 years I guess..I stopped ever since.. ^^;

RJ169
05-17-2011, 04:36 PM
i dont really collect any more but once in awhile i do get a pack because its just a habit i have

Avi-chan
05-17-2011, 05:35 PM
It's been a long since I stopped collecting them...even so it's not as if I collected a huge amount.

OtakuInu!!!
05-18-2011, 02:26 AM
I collected them years ago. But I stopped. I don't really remember why because I was really young back then. Probably because they don't sell them anymore.

Ranshiin
05-18-2011, 06:19 AM
I collected them years ago. But I stopped. I don't really remember why because I was really young back then. Probably because they don't sell them anymore.
They don't? Then how do I know a few people that play YGI competitively and know someone who in fact placed highly at a major international tournament? o_o

OtakuInu!!!
05-18-2011, 11:24 AM
They don't? Then how do I know a few people that play YGI competitively and know someone who in fact placed highly at a major international tournament? o_o

What I mean is that they don't sell it anymore here.

And even if they did I doubt a lot of people will buy some, and it wouldn't be cheap.

Gizoku
05-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I stopped a long time ago D: About five years ago.
They were fun, but eventually got old.
I still have my old stack of cards though along with a crap ton of my Pokemon cards.

Harmonics
05-18-2011, 09:38 PM
What I mean is that they don't sell it anymore here.

And even if they did I doubt a lot of people will buy some, and it wouldn't be cheap.

They still do sell them and a lot of people do buy them. Sometimes, they even buy boxes just to look for a card.

Ontopic - I still play it. But I don't buy the little packs. They're all rip offs and expensive. I'm on the verge to stop playing all together because no one can't be original. They all go to generally online to look for a deck build, add a single card in and than claim it their own creation. Than there is the rulings for cards, Konami just can't make up their minds on them. And than there is the banlist, they add a stupid to almost useless cards on the banlist and than limit or semi-limit a card that could completely dominate all other decks.
Lastly, there are stupid people who make big deals out of cards that is limited to a deck only. For example from the lastest pack, Blue Rose Dragon goes for about $40.00 USD and than two or three packs ago a card called Pot of Duality was going for $100.00 - $150.00 USD. Overall, it's just the stupid people that place insane price on a couple peices of paper with glitter on them. And don't even get me started on those that add some retarded card with a huge price to pay and somehow becomes one of the top decks...

elaina2173
06-16-2011, 04:29 PM
I must be one of the only ones, but i still collect a lot. I even go weekly to a card shop and spend way too much money on them '^^

Lily_rabbit
12-25-2011, 01:58 PM
hmph. i still collect. just today i got 3 tourtoment packs. new monstas!! XD

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

wait.......i've only been duelin for a year and i'm better than mai dad already. O.e, weird.

Omega Dragon Warlord
01-13-2012, 11:18 AM
I won't stop collecting, but I don't do it like I used to either.

Just this Christmas I was in Atlanta on a mission of selling all of my YGO cards (I figured I'd have gotten about $1.5k at least despite having paid over $5k in the course of 10 years); at the end of the trip, I decided I can't be bothered to sell them.

I'm also a former tourney-level judge, I still know all of the rules outside of the banlist (I quit being a judge because I didn't agree with the banlist).

Yayoushiko
03-25-2012, 05:02 PM
I still collect them on and off.I just leave them in the rapping's though :D.

Toboe (Tori Smith)
03-25-2012, 05:07 PM
i stoped two in a half years ago and now i collect the old pokemon and the new pokemon cards! :D

mimichan1000
03-25-2012, 05:34 PM
I was collecting them until Shonen Jump sent my last print copy of their magazine.
So now my collecting of yu-gi-oh! has come to an end.

Miss Manipulation
03-25-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't remember how many years ago it was that I stopped, but after a while I stopped collecting the cards. This was for a stupid reason, really. Now, I don't care. But back then I still wanted to collect them. The thing is someone said I was mature for my age and I always wanted to impress everyone. Somehow that comment made me think that collecting cards of any sort was childish. I was embarrassed so I stopped collecting the cards, stopped talking about them, actually I stopped talking about Yu-Gi-Oh! all together. Didn't watch it, not even secretly. I was a somewhat dumb child. :/

Snowflame
05-24-2012, 04:37 AM
I bought 2 boosters when i was 15 or so. so no i donīt collect anymore and i donīt even know where the cards i bought are. probably lost in a box with thousands of Magic the Gathering cards.

tesaamari
05-24-2012, 04:48 AM
i don't collect but my brother does and so i just steal them hahaha

The Omega X
05-26-2012, 12:53 PM
No People Don't Play Like They Used Too

neogalaxy
05-27-2012, 01:06 AM
No i don't collect anymore :/

hatoko_hinata
05-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I stopped collecting years ago but I've always kept all the cards.. until... just last week. I threw them all out when I was cleaning my room, preparing to leave for college. I asked my mom if I could keep it but she said I can keep just one so I threw them all instead.

Ranshiin
05-27-2012, 08:53 AM
I stopped collecting years ago but I've always kept all the cards.. until... just last week. I threw them all out when I was cleaning my room, preparing to leave for college. I asked my mom if I could keep it but she said I can keep just one so I threw them all instead.
What a waste; you could have looked to donate them somewhere or sell them, if they were good-enough quality? That depends if they were actually good cards or not, really, but just throwing them in the trash is a waste. :[

Princess Cupcake
05-27-2012, 10:56 AM
I can't believe my eyes. Ranshiin is right. If you had any rares, they probably could have been sold for a decent price. Even if they weren't, it still makes me sad.

I don't collect them anymore, but I do have my Yu-Gi-Oh cards from when I did collect them. Though, I don't have nearly as many compared to my Pokemon cards.

hatoko_hinata
05-29-2012, 10:42 AM
What a waste; you could have looked to donate them somewhere or sell them, if they were good-enough quality? That depends if they were actually good cards or not, really, but just throwing them in the trash is a waste. :[

I actually had about 5 cards that were good quality. But the rest of the mountain stack were, bleh! xD And yes, it was sad to just throw them out. I loved those cards. I actually offered them to my sister and brother, telling them I'd throw everything if they don't want it. Instead of taking them, they actually included their own collection to the trash bin. But what's done is done, I suppose.

Clayton_n
07-03-2012, 04:27 PM
I collect the cards for the art

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I collect them for 2 or 3 years, till about 5 years ago, really enjoyed them and playing duels with my brother :)

I have them well keeped (along with the Pokemon's :P), but don't collect now

/X Metal Sorenges x
07-26-2012, 01:45 PM
I personally been a fan of Yugioh for around 8-10 years. I was collecting when I got into Yugioh from the beginning but I stopped around 1-2 years ago when Tuners and syncros came out. I came to the realization that I was having a tough time collecting all the new packs and booster decks etc and it became very time consuming and costly which started bearing quite a weight on me financially so I thought it was about time to end all the years of collecting through the evolution of Yugioh cards and settle down on other hobbies besides Yugioh. It was a very hard decision for me to stop at the time because I tend to become an addict collector when it comes to collectables, antiques, game cards etc which is one of the reasons why I still collect Pokemon cards to this day. So far, I've been able to count around 7000 Pokeman cards. I haven't sold or traded any Pokemon/Yugioh cards and some of the original cards I own value around $50-$400. I have special bins for both games. When the time is right, I'll inevitably have to let them all go hopefully to some grand collector willing to pay a decent sum for everything.

Kona Chan
07-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I stopped collecting them 2 or 3 years ago because it's really too expensive to be update but I still play with my spiritual brother.I'm agree with @Harmonics (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=260705) , konami sucks with it stupid ban list and rulling. I was used to play a lightsworn deck or a fairy deck (and a funny head or tails deck). These decks can be counter easily and konami put a limitation on honest...

KyouFalls
07-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Pretty much, I still have all my Yu-Gi-Oh cards and also pokemon.

Clayton_n
07-26-2012, 04:57 PM
I only collect for the artwork.

I watch the shows though.

http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/4758-443576634.png
Cat: Yuma, I've got a furry little pussy here that wants you to pet it. She's so hungry she could eat a whole bird, it's nest, both it's eggs, and wash it down with some nice thick milk. She's drooling for it Yuma...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6g4nr4zCR1qbe5llo2_1280.png
Yuma: I know exactly what I can do for you.
Cat: You do?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5t9t5ukc91r5s0e7o4_1280.jpg
Yuma: Hey Tory, can I barrow some money for catfood?

Sadrith
07-26-2012, 08:55 PM
I played for a little bit but I stopped collecting pretty quickly because everyone just ended up spending more then me to beat me into submission and I didn't want to spend that much.

Clayton_n
08-02-2012, 12:42 PM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/098/e/d/Ultimate_Yu_Gi_Oh_Card_No_3_by_The_Kitsune_Warrior .jpg

rosepetal
08-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I have collected some over the last few years. I should probably stop but I am looking for certain cards in the new series.

Matea2306
08-13-2012, 04:51 AM
I collected them before,I have some cards but I dont know maybe I will buy some new cards :D

FatalEnd21
08-24-2012, 12:58 PM
I stopped collecting like 4 or 5 years ago but I still have most of my cards. I wish collecting cards and dueling your friends was still as popular as back then. =/

qjackson
06-25-2013, 11:08 AM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/098/e/d/Ultimate_Yu_Gi_Oh_Card_No_3_by_The_Kitsune_Warrior .jpg

First off epic card I want that!

I use to collect cards and I probably still would if there weren't all the video games and online yugioh duel games. I would keep the ones I was collecting but now I can't find them.

AmandaNerdBot
11-19-2013, 05:24 AM
I stopped collecting Yu Gi Oh cards as far back as 2006, and that was a LONG time ago.

TomoyoSakagami
11-21-2013, 02:48 PM
I would actually like to start collecting again but like, nah. I have too many other things to collect like Manga, Anime Blu-rays, Games etc. Dam money.

Thranduil
12-05-2013, 02:00 AM
I honestly never really played the game for its purpose to "duel" I mean I did a few times but I collected for a long time. I amounted to about 5000+ cards In a period of about 4-5 years. I quit collecting and tucked away all my cards in my closet about 2 years ago. Not to mention is topped watch the show during the middle of 5D'S

vrarsenal
12-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Nah, I've stopped. It's been ages now since I've bought a pack and smelt the scent of fresh cards.....
But all of them are underneath my bed in a metal tin, collecting dust, amongst other things.....:unsure:

ChibiLovett
12-12-2013, 01:12 AM
I haven't bought any new ones for years, but I still have a little metal tin full of the ones I got when I did. Mostly I got them more for the art than to actually play with them. lol

Toshiro Tazukura
03-21-2014, 02:58 AM
No I stop collecting when Im in highschool

kenyan
07-06-2014, 02:54 PM
I no longer collecting them, but I still have tons of cards. I stopped like 10 years ago.

Disconnected Outsider
12-01-2014, 12:37 PM
No People Don't Play Like They Used Too
^ This ^

I stopped collecting because of those new rules. I liked the original way of dueling.