PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Adventure - Butter-fly

tsubasa92
09-17-2010, 12:34 AM
I've double-checked with the official kanji lyrics in the Digimon S1 opening, and here are 2 mistakes I've spotted:

1) "行こう" is niikou, not yukou.
2) "愛しい" is tonoshii, not itoshii.

:)

animeyay
09-17-2010, 01:02 AM
I listened to the song, and:

行こう is part of the 会いに行こう construction, so it is ai ni yukou. The ni you hear is the particle in front of yukou, not part of the word.

For 愛しい I hear itoshii very clearly, so I'm not sure where you got "tonoshii" from...

tsubasa92
09-18-2010, 03:25 AM
Hmm, I see. I'm not too sure, but the official kanji lyrics is shown at the bottom in the opening, and there are kanas are indicated at the top of certain kanji words. I made a mistake for the first one (it's ikou, sorry!), but the kana spelled above 愛 in 愛しい is との. I agree with you that in the song it's sung as itoshii...I wonder why it's spelled differently in the official lyrics?

Rizuchan
09-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Hmm, I see. I'm not too sure, but the official kanji lyrics is shown at the bottom in the opening, and there are kanas are indicated at the top of certain kanji words. I made a mistake for the first one (it's ikou, sorry!), but the kana spelled above 愛 in 愛しい is との. I agree with you that in the song it's sung as itoshii...I wonder why it's spelled differently in the official lyrics?

Is this the part you're talking about?
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z302/rizuchan04/digimonop.jpg
As far as I can see, it says "itoshii".

tsubasa92
09-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the clarification! Mine's not HD, so it's kinda blur. :)