PDA

View Full Version : Lack of attention to this series?

Hayato Gokudera
09-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Is it just me.. or is Tenchi Muyo not as popular anymore? The original series seemed to draw in quite a bit of attention, but a few years later, you hardly hear any talk of it, or so that's how it is around here.

wolfgirl90
09-05-2010, 02:54 PM
We don't talk about the series anymore because Tenchi Muyo (in its main forms) hasn't really been around for the past five years. Hell, even Sasami: Magical Girls Club ended four years ago.

Once the main series ended, Tenchi Muyo's popularity waned, so you don't hear much about it anymore. Granted, there are still spin-offs of the series such as Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari (Saint Knight's Tale), although that ended a few months ago.:p

Adirondackanimefreak025
09-15-2010, 11:56 PM
I wish more people would talk about Tenchi Muyo. It was a really good series. I hope to get the Ryo-Oki DVD box set soon. I always loved that series.

xcix
06-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Well, that's truly disappointing. The series' that have ended should still be talked about, looked back at, and read- but sadly, people want the new stuff. |B

Sui
08-31-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't remember it very well, but I was obsessed with it when I was younger... I even got a Tenchi Muyo in Pocket off eBay. ^^ I remember at the time it was very popular... I think GXP did some damage to it, because it was so different from the original series... And, when Ryo-Ohki 3 came out, I tried it but didn't like it. :c I can't remember why, though. Maybe I should go back to it and try again.

Austin Masaki
10-09-2011, 12:16 AM
I think they should give it another chance, air it on adult swim, watch it instantly EXPLODE with popularity all over again, cmon, DBZ gets aired over and over and over, why not give Tenchi and the gang a shot?

randius
11-18-2011, 07:31 AM
I think the Sasami Series killed it. They made it into a magical girl anime, instead of what it was originally. I liked the original and the first few sequels. They should have built up on that

solidarmor
11-18-2011, 08:15 PM
I loved this series..but everyone's right it did go off on a tangent the more it got into the volumes. But the manga stayed on a level plain. I still think Tenchi shoulda nailed Kiyone she was shy but hot.

Enfys
03-02-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't remember the show very well, but I do remember it being one of my favorites at the time. I think the reason it's been forgotten is because, frankly, it's old. If they were to do a reboot then people might remember it better, but I've seen the GXP or whatever it's called on Toonami, and frankly, it sucks. Tenchi isn't even in the show, at least not the one episode I saw, and it's just another poorly written comedy.

Yumeria
03-02-2013, 06:45 PM
I loved the original series :3

I have yet to check out the newer version of it :O

Kagome
03-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Wish it would come back into popularity. It was a *great* series. Funny nad poignent.

Clayton_n
04-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Actually they just got a new series out.War on geminar. As for the old series... they had him marry everybody! &*(^*^%&^%%^*(&%^ fifteen &*^*(%&*(%^ years waiting for him to pick *(^(*(^%*( Ryoko!

that's whY I got the soothing TV series (Not Tenchi in Tokyo which just plain sucks) and let it rock me back to sanity.

http://i2.ytimg.com/sh/9yGKpQJ3Vl4/showposter.jpg?v=5060a096