PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Matty
08-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I thought this game was a lot of fun and very interesting until I reached a certain level... then the game was freaking impossible. Everytime I ran into a wraith in a dungeon it would bleed me dry of all potions.... then the next one would utterly destroy me.

After several days of frustration, my friend tells me about the chameleon armor enchantment. This made my guy completely invisible, and gave me the ability to attack and kill with absolutely ZERO retaliation. This made the game crap; it became too easy and therefore boring... but everytime I took the chameleon enchanted items off my character was little more than a stick man with cardboard armor.

What kind of game is that!? I ignored my fiancee for countless hours, nay months, to be analy raped in the end by the game maker! Can anyone beat the game without the chameleon cheat?

GameGeeks
08-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah, it's not difficult. One way is stat mitigation. This also makes the game rather easy. Another way is to make it so you stop leveling at about level 30 or so. Though it's rather easy again at that point and should only be done if you want the best rewards from quests. Otherwise make it so you stop leveling at 20 for a decent challenge. Though out of curiosity what level where you? As for simply taking care of the wraiths, just get a silver weapon, If I remember correctly, those are quite effective on them. Though it's been two years since I played the game.

GrimStride™
08-03-2010, 12:56 AM
I've been playing for around a year and i haven't had any problems.I did the main quest and all the guild quests.If the game is too difficult you can always move the difficulty slider to the left.And i would advise you to get some modifications that change the way npc's level up so each of them has a set level instead of all of them leveling up with you.You will still encounter npc's who give you trouble but it will be more "realistic".

GameGeeks
08-03-2010, 01:02 AM
The mods like that that I found turned out to be crap.

GrimStride™
08-03-2010, 01:16 AM
The mods like that that I found turned out to be crap.

I can recommend at least two mod's that do the job quite nicely.If either of you is interested you can pm me for the link(not sure if i'll be breaking any rules if i post them here).I can't imagine playing without one of em.

GameGeeks
08-03-2010, 01:21 AM
I would be but my computer can no longer run the game. My good graphics card died. I'm using a backup from 2002.

Skylar1
08-03-2010, 01:23 AM
I played through the game, quests and all for about 400 hours. I never noticed any such problem with difficulty being too hard or too easy. I thought it was a pretty good balance.

GameGeeks
08-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Hah, I've got several thousands of hours on that game. With mods, I played that game for a good two years strait.

GrimStride™
08-03-2010, 01:38 AM
You guys have sure played a lot .Can you suggest what can i do after completing all of the quests including the DLC's?After 100 hours i had already done them all and now im serching for good quest mods.But im not really planning on starting over with a new character.Or at least not in the near decade :p .So far i got Kvatch rebuilt and servant of the dawn.

@ Ericgamer1
The problem is that for most people it gets annoying to have an epic fight against every single foe they meet.It's quite frustrating to have a 2 min battle against a rat at level 30 on a high difficulty.And if you lower it then all the npc's get too weak and are no fun ;)

Ramirez
08-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Since I'm on a platform, I haorm for Oblivion, I can't install or have mods (or from my knowledge anyways)

Spent a good deal playing Pblivion, it's a fun game -- and my favorite quest will be, for now and forever, the Whodunnit? quest for the Dark Brotherhood. I have several characters, I prefer heavy armor over light armor. Warrior/Knight class over any other. I rather like Battle Mage though.

GameGeeks
08-03-2010, 10:25 AM
@Guy: I used to know a good site for mods but I think it closed down. There was a really interesting Castlevania one.

@Ram: You can play mods on the X-Box version but you need to mod the console first.

Ramirez
08-03-2010, 10:42 AM
@Ram: You can play mods on the X-Box version but you need to mod the console first.

Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't know that since I figured it was exclusive on PC. I'll definitely have to look into that. Thank you.

Nanobyte
08-03-2010, 10:48 AM
I use cheats, at some parts of the game, because it's almost impossible to beat if you level a lot.
This can be fixed though! Just find a mod that makes the leveled monsters "less leveled". :laugh:
But it's more fun to actually make the game challenging.
And if you wonder why I know such things: I like games a lot. :laugh:

Matty
08-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Hey thanx guys for all the info... to tell the truth I've been playing the game for about a year now and never knew there was a way to lower the difficulty. Learn sumthing new everyday, eh?