PDA

View Full Version : L vs Light

animeangelgirl
06-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Well,i choose Light because i like his ideea to change the world and he's smart and beautiful...L is smart too but i like Light...To be a world without bad things is a very good ideea and L wants to stop this...Light is a good person and he wants to stop crimes..

The Butcher
06-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Light,he is a person who will stop at nothing to get what he wants,even if he has to kill people to do it,AND he feels no remorse wen he does it.

Lily Rock
06-12-2010, 03:20 PM
L, best looking, smart and awesome, even though others would say Light is best, series wasn't as good without L.

Robert_Grim_Reaper
06-17-2010, 07:55 PM
I don't think L would win despite what people say, if Light was desperate enough he would get the Shinigami eyes and kill L. However, I still like L the best, he's the coolest ever.

L For Lust
06-24-2010, 10:30 PM
I honestly think Light would win, he has SUPERNATURAL powers... L, on the other hand, I think is smarter. So, it depends on what sense you mean 'versus'

Aki no iko
06-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Light would win by a long shot because of the Death notebook, but L is my favorite character also. :]

Stripes
06-27-2010, 05:44 AM
L won in the end.. though, in a different manner yet he won.. so I go for L and besides L knows what true justice is. Light is just a psycho who does not understand anybody's emotions other than himself. Light has had everything, he has to lose something in order to understand what it means to press justice upon someone who is already suffering or who will have to suffer in the future. He is no Lord of Justice, he is just a conceited idiot.

1gn1t0r
06-27-2010, 08:21 PM
I like the power of Light but L wins in every other aspect. Must be the coolest character in the series

Light Buster
06-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Both, because...

1) L is for Light.

2) Light is the first part of my username.

3) Both of them are present in my username and Gamertag on Xbox Live.

Get it?!

LOL!

SlayerofLight
12-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I like L much better, it does annoy me how L doesn't even consider Light's idea because it involves killing people. Yeah, BAD people. I don't know, he just seems very close-minded. But L is so quirky and has such cool hair that Light has no chance.
In a fight however, I agree with L for Lust.

Eternal_Swordsman
02-18-2011, 07:22 AM
This is just a contest of popularity.

Anyway I choose Light because I like his ideea to create a new world.

Anuket
02-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Definitely L, Light was just too much and mind you I think he was all over the place and didn't bother tidying it up.

Oh and L is so much cuter, yeah yeah I know what you people are thinking that I'm just another fan girl who's only considering the awesomeness, but hey I'd give Light the same kudos if it weren't for his terrible taste in hairstyle, X3

DeathNoteBeholder
03-09-2011, 07:22 PM
L ~ >:D he's smart and I like his weird habits. O.O I got into his habits such as sitting like him, and holding stuff like him.

YuriEcchiGirl
03-29-2011, 06:51 AM
I guess that I like them both equally as such, although probably L just that little bit more ^^

monicadionie
04-18-2011, 01:14 PM
I choose L, couse he is better than Light. Especially in the movies.

OtakuInu!!!
04-19-2011, 04:39 AM
I prefer Light. I agree with Light's idea of changing the world for the better. And his sense of justice and smarts. But his methods were very wrong. And he's good looking. XD

I also like L though. Sweets-loving, genius detective.

JuanD92
06-24-2011, 06:10 PM
L wins in the end. In the last episode in the ending credits you see how Light is dying on the stairs and he sees L standing in front of him, like hes surrendering at last and then.. hes dead!

Shadowseer
06-25-2011, 06:40 PM
L for sure. Had a plan for any situation that arose, even his own demise. L was a fricken genius!

Shikshin
06-30-2011, 08:35 AM
For me, it has to be Light. He was improving the world, and L was getting in his way. L's method of solving crimes would have just taken ages otherwise, and would have no real impact on society compared to Kira. I think the end product of Light's vision wasn't at all outweighed by the means he used to try and get it, and no-one else would have had the initiative as Light did to start killing criminals, and to evade L's attempts at stopping him with such intelligence and complexity, one of the reason's why he got so far.

n.y.t.g
07-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I agreed with Light at first and wished him nothing but success throughout the series, but as the show progressed, I started enjoying his choices less and less each time. And when it finally came time for him to die, I was actually almost happy. His mind was corrupted with power, and had things continued to go on the same way as they had from the beginning, he would've been the only bad person left, just as Ryuk told him. The death note blinded him from the true meaning of justice, and became just a source of power for him, as well as everyone else who it was passed to.

Darkhallows
07-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Light.
I just find his personality and ideals much more interesting.

Tsuki.
07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Well, sure, Light's idea was fine and dandy up until the point where he decided to be THE GOD of the new world.
Aside from that, he went way to far and was willing to even kill the police as well as other people who got in his way of being the God of the new world.
If he has to kill to get what he wants, it makes him no better than those that he are killing.
Although, if Light decided to kill himself after making the new world, it might not be so bad.
Aside from the fact that the world would be ruled by fear and none of it would be real.

And with Light, he doesn't take into consideration the legal thoughts behind the bad people.
What is he going to do, kill off all the people who rob from a store? What if they have a child and they're just trying to put food in their mouth?
Along with that, Light wouldn't have been able to kill them all off in the end. There would be people who were bad and never caught, he wouldn't have the police resources behind him, etc.

It's a childish dream and would never work. People have to want to change by themselves.
And hasn't he ever heard the sayings, "And eye for an eye will make the world blind." or "Fight fire with fire and you'll only get burned."

brolyx74
07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
This is just a contest of popularity.

Anyway I choose Light because I like his ideea to create a new world.

Not for me. I like L much more than Light, but I agree with Light more than L.

raqyee
08-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Light.

L sits funny.

Epitaph
08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
L, because it was boring without him, he was funny, cooler than Light and not so...arrogant.
I don't like Light's ideals and acting, either. Wanting to be a god and kill all evil-doers and be justice at the same time (which is impossible to me) and, especially, looking down at others smirking like "HIHI I'M AWESOME AND YOU'RE DYING" at their death etc etc. There are so many aspects why I dislike his character and his way of acting.

zozzy
05-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Light is a good person and he wants to stop crimes..

Light tries to stop crimes with committing crimes? Looks like there is something wrong with it.

stfulily
07-12-2012, 08:58 PM
L definitely! He is very intelligent (obviously lol), he has a sense of humor and he reminds me of a panda hehe. And he is different from every other character that i've seen in anime so far. L ftw.

Jozette
07-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Light is a crazy fool thats why I like l also hes smart and cute. Also I have to admire a guy who uses his brain so much he can burn 1000s of calories XD.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Light tries to stop crimes with committing crimes? Looks like there is something wrong with it.
You definetely got a point on that!

Both L and Light are geniouses but one's motives and reasons are completely different, Light just got mad, evily transfigured as he got contact with Death Note, lost the percepetion of what's wrong and right and just couldn't stop seeing himself as the new world God.
L way of sitting and that big staring look on him are really cool and funny, he's very nice

Steven21088
07-13-2012, 07:17 AM
L was by far my favourite, he never seemed to get nervous or desperate, where as Light does every 5 minutes. At time Light does act like a little cry baby.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-13-2012, 09:47 AM
L was by far my favourite, he never seemed to get nervous or desperate, where as Light does every 5 minutes. At time Light does act like a little cry baby.

Exactly, Light is still imature, he loses contol over himself too many times while L is almost always very calm
L was killed by Remus, Kira was just clever enough to take advantage of Remus' feelings for Misa.

darkrider21
07-13-2012, 11:35 PM
l was a wordy adversary but he got to soft

~Travis
08-08-2012, 10:03 PM
In the beginning, I liked Light and his ideas.
But with each volume I read, I started liking him less and less.
And in the end L won... And I just like L more.

manga.mon123
08-30-2012, 01:09 PM
L, because he is smart and awesome the seires wouldn't be the same with out our favorite crazy, sugar high detective.

Arrowsend
10-30-2012, 12:29 PM
I did like Light's view of the world to begin with when I first watched the series; there's a lot of people out there who do see the world as 'rotten' and 'black' and 'cursed'. And there are of course those who like the idea of being able to change that. A lot of people would, given or despite the means available and Light did capture THAT side of my mind when he first started using the Death Note. As the series progressed though it became evident that Light was slowly going crazy... it could have been part of his desperation to get everyone out of his way to reign over his [idea of a] perfect world or the maturity that took place over time as the series went on. Because of that madness and L's predictions and meticulous pondering I sympathized with L because he KNEW Light was Kira but couldn't prove it to himself because he never allowed for slight miscalculations or a hunch... And so, towards the end of the series I was an L supporter. I also started to see the madness of creating a perfect world through death... it's almost counter-productive :P

lisauntie
12-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Light, just because he was able to evade L for so long. What I'm trying to say is, L could plan far ahead, had a team of people, had access to all kinds of cool equipment, could use FBI agents for gods sake, etc...

And to be honest, Light's plan to forget about the Death note to gain their trust was just brilliant, and I mean BRIL-LI-ANT.

Out of the two, Light was the smartest, definitely. I honestly think that the makers wanted to end it because the way Near found out about Light was so far-fetched and so ridiculous, that I found it very hard to see it as something that could actually happen, while that was what I thought about the rest of the show.

Matsuo
12-08-2012, 01:46 PM
L is more smart while Light has the death note that is very powerful. Obviously if L wasn't as smart as he is he would have died. So Light all the way.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Well I mean L did die but he wouldn't have won. ^-^

otakuprince
09-24-2014, 11:02 PM
L wins in the end. In the last episode in the ending credits you see how Light is dying on the stairs and he sees L standing in front of him, like hes surrendering at last and then.. hes dead!
that legit never happenend

Cross Avantgarde
10-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Epitaph

Good point; all those negative aspects about Light are placed in the anime to cause us to side against the protagonist/Light, which is not our normal inclination in a series. I despised Light from the second episode onwards. L was indeed my favorite character. I do think, though, that we are supposed to feel some modicum of remorse at Light's death, given the sad music and lengthy (for the episode, at least) flashback sequence.

Happyblossom
10-09-2014, 02:26 AM
Well, I can see why people sides with Light's idea, reforming the world and whatnot, but I just don't see the good in a world revolving around a villain with no one knowing it. Light executed the villains according to their crimes, but he couldn't see the criminals circumstances. I mean, what on earth is he to judge people based on their single actions? Suppose someone did everything good before and stole something just once all the good he has done would go down the drain? That's ridiculous. So L all the way.

RyuTama
10-09-2014, 06:01 AM
I never considered Light to be the "good guy" he tried to portray himself as. From the very moment he mentioned "becoming the God of a new world!", it was clear that he had another, more powerful motive other than just making the world a better, peaceful place. He wanted to control the world, and be at its center. He was selfish and power-hungry from the start. Then he got worse and started killing and manipulating innocent people to meet his own goals. He never once fully trusted Misa or any of his other 'followers'. He used them as puppets and tools, nothing more. If he felt they were no longer useful, they then became a liability and he had them disposed of. Is that a sort of God you'd want to live under?

The guy was a class-A douche. I never liked him. I was even ticked off at his "oh-so-peaceful-and-emotional-death" in the anime.

NO. In the original manga he died in a pool of his own blood, flailing spastically, trying to command Ryuk to finish everyone off for him, like he was his master or something. Then even Ryuk was all "HA, betch please", and wrote his name down right in front of him. Light goes into full panic mode, begging for his life and cursing everyone at the same time, up until the last second, where he died instantaneously with a horrible bloodied grimace on his face. IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE PEACEFUL. IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE SAD.

He was not a hero. Just a petty, selfish, power-hungry douche.

Happyblossom
10-10-2014, 03:28 AM
Light died peacefully in the anime? I only read the manga so didn't know that. He DOES NOT deserve a peaceful death.

RyuTama
10-11-2014, 12:09 AM
Light died peacefully in the anime? I only read the manga so didn't know that. He DOES NOT deserve a peaceful death.

Yeah the ending is considerably different for some reason. Even Mikami gets a ridiculously bloody suicide, just to give Light time to escape into the sunset! Woo!

Granted, he still gets the snot shot out of him by Matsuda. And Ryuk still ends up killing him with a heart attack, but Light isn't expecting it, so he doesn't really panic. He escapes into an abandoned warehouse where he rests on the staircase, then the Deathnote kicks in and all that happens is his eyes widen a bit (still with a calm expression, mind you), he sees a shadow of L in the oh-so-beautiful sunbeams coming through the windows, and then he slowly and peacefully closes his eyes. All the while, sad and mournful music plays.

Apart from the closure we get from L's appearance and the indication that justice finally prevailed, that whole scene pissed me off.

EDIT: Here's the dub clip,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLJihPnnlJ0

Sorry for the crappy quality, I couldn't find anything better that had the whole scene. The changes start around 2:30, and make sure to watch throughout the ending credits.

Happyblossom
10-11-2014, 03:52 AM
Wow. When I heard Light died peacefully I thought it was because some kids might watch it accidentally and its inappropriate but that doesn't explain Mikami's suicide, does it? But boy, they haven't done justice to the original story if you ask me:frown:. Oh does Misa commit suicide too? Btw it looked like Matsuda's shot hit Light in the head more than it does in the manga.

How I wish that were the case.