PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass Figures

Raiden17
06-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Has anyone bought any figures? I just got round to getting one even though they've been around forever...

I got Shirley Fenette Swim Club Cafe Ver. from Alpha Omega

I even wrote a blog about it: I was so confused when I got it in the post.
Life Theses with Spicer (http://lifetheses.blogspot.com/)

So how about you all? Anything you've bought from the series?

玲華.
06-11-2010, 07:37 PM
It does look NICE, apart from the...slightly 'English' look I think she has. Oh and she's dressed like that time in the anime, season one...[The Stolen Mask], where she runs around wearing nothing...then only Kallen's blazer. And it's not a waste of money, Shirley's staring at you lol.

Ummm what I have from the series is the game (PSP) and the blu-ray, which my cousin gave me. Neither are bought though. I do wish I had the original soundtrack.

Gjallarhorn
06-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I've always wanted to start a serious PVC collection, but I've just never had the money. There was a few Kallen PVCs out while R2 was still airing that were pretty good, but I just couldn't afford them; and good-quality PVC will cost easily upwards of $60USD, and any great-quality PVC will run in the $90+USD range.

It does look NICE, apart from the...slightly 'English' look I think she has.

God forbid a character of English descent look English.

玲華.
06-11-2010, 07:51 PM
God forbid a character of English descent look English.

She does look different from in the anime though. And do Not bring in the fact that the figurine is in 3D.

Raiden17
06-16-2010, 05:42 AM
@Riiko - I know what you mean, she looks a little different, but she still sits proudly atop my computer. And what's the PSP game like? I heard it's kinda short, but the guy I know who's played it always rushes these things.

@ Gjallarhorn - lol, that's my one gripe with Code Geass animation: There's only a change in skin shading and hair curliness between the young Brits and Japanese. Or maybe I'm just not looking at it right

玲華.
06-16-2010, 06:12 AM
It depends on which route you take. I'm having trouble discovering all the routes and not getting killed...imo. Think that guy could help me?

Raiden17
06-17-2010, 10:54 AM
It depends on which route you take. I'm having trouble discovering all the routes and not getting killed...imo. Think that guy could help me?

Could do, but nothing more than a walkthrough will. That's all he did, walkthrough'd it.

I don't wanna be mean, but that is soooo not the way to play vg's.
If you really have to, scan the walkthrough and leave the game for a month. Then hopefully you'll have forgotten the spoilers.
I'll try and get him to join AF (like I haven't tried before lol) so he can help you out though

Back on topic: Is there any merch we could never get hold of outside Japan? I heard something about a Pizza Hut promotion using C.C. but I don't remember what it was...

Gjallarhorn
06-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Could do, but nothing more than a walkthrough will. That's all he did, walkthrough'd it.

I don't wanna be mean, but that is soooo not the way to play vg's.
If you really have to, scan the walkthrough and leave the game for a month. Then hopefully you'll have forgotten the spoilers.
I'll try and get him to join AF (like I haven't tried before lol) so he can help you out though

Back on topic: Is there any merch we could never get hold of outside Japan? I heard something about a Pizza Hut promotion using C.C. but I don't remember what it was...

The Pizza Hut thing was in the Japanese version of the anime; I believe it was changed/censored in the American version for commercial reasons. Essentially Pizza Hut Japan sponsored the anime, allowing the anime a larger budget and thus better animation. Because of that, C.C. was frequently seen eating Pizza Hut pizza throughout the series, and I believe Rivalz was seen working for Pizza Hut briefly in the series.

玲華.
06-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Yeah she was. Saw her eating Pizza Hut all the time, and figured it must be some sponsorship.

Raiden: It would be much appreciated if you could. :3

Raiden17
06-28-2010, 05:00 PM
@Riiko: I talked to him about it, turns out he didn't walkthrough it, he found out from someone who asked ShadowBlackMage over on gamefaqs. Looks like there are like no walkthroughs at all for this game. Sorry about that. I asked him to join to explain, but he's totally against the idea. I think he's paranoid about becoming an AF addict or something, or he's just a douche. Sorry for my friends complete rudeness.

Also, I'm really struggling to find a PVC mecha from the series that I like. I was thinking Lelouch and C.C.'s one, or maybe the Lancelot. I guess I'm way too late for that one.

Gjallarhorn
06-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Also, I'm really struggling to find a PVC mecha from the series that I like. I was thinking Lelouch and C.C.'s one, or maybe the Lancelot. I guess I'm way too late for that one.

Yeah, that is unfortunately how it works. With a lot of higher quality PVCs for popular characters, popular series, or popular mecha, pre-ordering them before release is pretty much the only way to get them because they will sell out either before release or shortly after release. Trying to find popular PVCs a year or two after the series is over is very difficult, unless it's a series that just continually gets more PVCs (see: Evangelion), but even those will sell out fast since there is an obvious demand for them.

Raiden17
06-29-2010, 07:08 AM
Oh well, never mind. Thanks Gjallarhorn. I hear there's some cool new Lucky Star PVCs coming out. Also, it looks like I got one of the last available Megahouse Shirley's, this I'm very stoked about.

Well when the new CG comes out (everntually!) I'll be right in there with a pre-order or two.

Roloko vi Britannia
08-01-2010, 12:33 PM
lets see I got 5 SD figurines of Rolo,Lelouch,Suzaku,Gino, and Xingke.