PDA

View Full Version : The new Dragon Ball live action movies suck!

Yukitomon
05-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Have you seen the Dragon Ball live action movies? If not, don't. First of all, Goku is not a high school student. He is a rough man from the wilderness of Japan. Second of all, he does not have girl trouble. He has a wife. Third of all, he does not have to worry about getting picked on bullies because he pwn anyone except maybe Vegeta.

Doctor One
05-12-2010, 07:15 PM
It was a vicious violation of the mythology around Dragonball.
It would be like Peter Jackson making lord of the rings but then saying "You know, we should throw out all the big battles and 'little guy fighting big evil' thing from the story and replace it with teen drama."

If I could erase this movie or DBGT. I would erase this. Then DBGT. Because that sucked too.

J Gundam
06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
I haven't watched the live action movie and I never will. Producers and directors need to understand not every show and certainly not every cartoon makes a good movie.

Shini
06-22-2010, 07:28 PM
I probably would have loved the idea in the 90s. I mean, I loved Power Rangers. I can imagine myself thinking this was awesome back then.

But not now. Or ever in the future.

The Butcher
06-23-2010, 09:04 AM
I thought Godzilla's blast was better CGI than anything in that movie.

Pun
07-02-2010, 06:26 PM
True dat. =/

AsphaltSamurai
07-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh no, who could have predicted this? -___- Guys, live-action is the the number one killer of anime in western civilization.

Wio
07-11-2010, 02:25 AM
I don't understand why they felt the need to stray so far from the original story. It was as if they were trying to avoid getting sued for something to which they already held the rights.

The Butcher
07-11-2010, 05:32 PM
They probably thought their plot would get more western audiences,but failed to do get any fan.

Wio
07-13-2010, 01:33 AM
I think they could have changed the names of all the people in the story, and it would have been completely original intellectual property. They should have done this.

Hikarin
07-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I HATED it! One of the worst movies I've ever seen -_- My friends dragged me along when it came out at the movies and I knew I'd hate it, but I didn't think it'd be THAT bad! I had to watch other bad movies to forget about it =_= I don't think it would have been good even if it wasn't related to Dragon Ball though. And Picollo! He was a bald man painted green!

Light Buster
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
It's America's way of making something to make DBZ more known to them. Why? I don't know and I don't care.

The Butcher
07-14-2010, 06:18 PM
You guys remember Spike from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer?

Guess who was playing Piccolo.

Wio
07-14-2010, 11:07 PM
It's America's way of making something to make DBZ more known to them. Why? I don't know and I don't care.
Uhh, I don't think you know what you're talking about. The movie was not based on DBZ, it was based on Dragonball. I wouldn't be surprised if DBZ was more popular in America than Japan. I know it's at lot easier to like a series when you're favorite character isn't named after some food pun. The movie did better outside America than it did in America. So basically, take everything you said, reverse it completely, and you're telling the truth, I guess?

Hikarin
07-15-2010, 01:40 AM
That's because many other countries don't have a good film industry -_- The effects were probably very good to them; plus they couldn't understand it fully.
*sigh* Film makers doing live action movies need to realise that by changing the story to how they please, it's taking out the originality and what made people love it in the first place....

Wio
07-15-2010, 02:43 AM
That's because many other countries don't have a good film industry -_- The effects were probably very good to them; plus they couldn't understand it fully.
Huh? These are all reasons as to why it could have flopped in foreign countries. How does their inability to understand it make it better? This movie has horrible special effects.

Hikarin
07-15-2010, 06:43 AM
At least you don't see strings O_O I didn't mean not understand a thing and I never said it made it better, I just meant that without a knowledge of the English language, it can appear different once translated into others. And again, compared to what some countries get, something like this can appear good.

Kaitou+
07-16-2010, 09:39 AM
At least this movie doesn't suck as much the the Godzilla movies.

HeiGotAGun
07-17-2010, 11:44 AM
I am Never Seeing this Movie . Ever. Ever.

Lord
07-28-2010, 06:32 AM
I remember when it came out, I was in Japan then. The japanese people were laughing at the movie. I've been a fan of DB and DBZ since i was 9. I got all the manga books and I loved it. As soon GT came out I stopped reading and watching. When I saw the movie, I was this close to crying. I hate the movie, hate it.

Blackmist556
09-22-2010, 04:01 AM
OMG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67vLb1ZsTic&feature=fvst
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1385515/
there is a new dragon ball live action movie coming out
God save us!!

_CTA_
09-22-2010, 05:16 AM
I think the unofficial Chinese Dragon Ball movie is better, though the movie is so old. At least it follows the storyline.

Sr Machinehead
09-27-2010, 05:32 AM
I have yet to watch the movie but i did nearly gouge my eyes out during the trailer if that counts. i could already tell it was going to fail from just that.

Panda-chan31
09-28-2010, 01:26 PM
You guys remember Spike from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer?

Guess who was playing Piccolo.

.... REALLY?
Wow, I swore never to watch that movie, and now I swear again that I will never watch this movie. The only anime-to-live-action movies that were even good were NANA and Deathnote in my opinion, and even then Deathnote did stray alot from the original plot.

I also heard that they're making a sequel. What in the name of all things sacred could possess them to make a sequel?

TomoyoSakagami
09-28-2010, 01:56 PM
I just don't.

Fail.

Sr Machinehead
09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Well western remakes of animes or games do have a high failure rate especially when they choose something with such a long storyline like dragonball. I would have given them a bit more leeway if they took a few creative liberties but they had to take everything and throw it out the window. I suppose the movie might seem mediocre to a person who has never watched the series before though.

Foxy
09-28-2010, 04:13 PM
All live-action movies suck... I mean seriously, have you seen Pokémon live action? like, 90 minutes of facepalm.

Sr Machinehead
09-28-2010, 04:23 PM
All live-action movies suck... I mean seriously, have you seen Pokémon live action? like, 90 minutes of facepalm.
For some reason i would really like to watch that but the only problem with live action movies is choosing the wrong source material. If they had chosen something that would be less heavy on special effects it might have turned out a bit better.