PDA

View Full Version : Fake

ARayneyDay
02-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Has anyone else out there read "Fake"? Its a really good series about two male cops in New York who fall for each other and I can't wait for the 6th book to come out! Their relationship is fairly drawn out and slow but its very, very amusing. Anyone heard of/read it?

Die Tod von Euch
02-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Yup. I first got into Fake several years ago when I watched the anime (there is only one movie of it...sigh). After watching that, I snooped around online and got more info and stuff on it. I even had a few scanlations of some parts. Now that the manga is being released domestically, I pounce on each volume as it comes out. Hehehe. Also, it's a good thing that it's well-written and funny, because reading it for the yaoi would be kinda frustrating...seeing as they won't do more than kiss for many many volumes to come. But hey, that's what all those lovely fan fics out there about it are for. ^_~

Pipestrell
03-24-2004, 01:03 PM
It's been released in English by TokyoPop. I've been following it since about October. I'm glad the genre is finally getting the recognition it deserves. It's a really sweet shonen-ai, and I'm glad that so many similar mangas are now being translated. They've done Gravitation as well. Think they might to the Remixes *ahem ahem*

Nato
03-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Has anyone else out there read "Fake"? Its a really good series about two male cops in New York who fall for each other and I can't wait for the 6th book to come out! Their relationship is fairly drawn out and slow but its very, very amusing. Anyone heard of/read it?
it seems disturbing

Pipestrell
03-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Ah! Gomen! I accidently posted under my brother's name there!

*cough cough*

it seems disturbing
How so? In what way?

DEE
09-15-2004, 05:00 PM
yes I have heard of fake befor.I love it to.

homeless_with_no_PC
09-16-2004, 06:39 PM
yep, I've read it. It's very good. GO DEE AND RYO. So sexyyyy

GundamGirl
09-16-2004, 08:55 PM
I've never heard of "fake" it sounds really really good well i hope i can see it soon (or read it )

Havana
11-21-2004, 11:24 PM
I've never heard of it..and never read shonen-ai manga before..except in fan-fiction. ^_^

Dark_Misery
11-22-2004, 05:32 PM
I've heard of it...I read it and I think it's weird...Dee is messed up....

lonely_chibi
11-26-2004, 02:51 AM
I've read some of the volumes in the book store it's great ^^ hehehehe

Zackiroth
11-26-2004, 05:24 AM
Nope, havent heard of it...

shuichixyuki
12-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Yeah I heard number 7 is nothing but sex! :D

Die Tod von Euch
12-14-2004, 02:02 AM
Actually...no, it isn't. It just has the scenes where Dee and Ryo finally consumate their relationship. Which is only two scenes. The rest of the manga is about the fun blood, murder, investigating, and such they always do while they be their NYC detective selves.

black roses
12-14-2004, 04:44 PM
i heard it was a really good series just never have had time to read it

SnowDemon
12-15-2004, 10:19 PM
OMG...I totally LOVE Fake!!!! it's probably what got me seriously hooked into the anime (saw the anime before I read the manga)..and then I had to go out and collect all the manga. I think the whole thing between Dee and Ryo is sweet, amusing at times too.

Kaori-chan
12-16-2004, 04:19 PM
I've read #1 and waiting to get #2

moonangel330
12-17-2004, 08:47 AM
It scared me. . . the seventh book shows how their relationship expands. it's cool, yet way too much touchy. . .

Die Tod von Euch
12-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Um...how old are you people, anyway? You do realize it's for 18 and up....

SnowDemon
12-22-2004, 03:10 PM
It scared me. . . the seventh book shows how their relationship expands. it's cool, yet way too much touchy. . .
Yeah, they had to up the rating on the 7th volume to M because of the content. But if you're not into that stuff, then it's not suggested you read it.

Chobits333
12-23-2004, 01:24 PM
I've never read it, but this girl in my french class does and because everyone in my class is really immature they run around showing all the perverted pictures around. It looks interesting, but personally...i don't like manga with alot of sex scenes...but other than that, It sounds good.

DragonSlash
12-29-2004, 02:52 AM
My friend went and bought it. However, I am not really into the same sex relationship story. Don't get me wrong too ok..I am not against it and I won't hold a grugde agaisnt you guys..So keep it cool...:groupwave ( i like this smiley- sooo cute)

Die Tod von Euch
12-29-2004, 01:15 PM
I've never read it, but this girl in my french class does and because everyone in my class is really immature they run around showing all the perverted pictures around. It looks interesting, but personally...i don't like manga with alot of sex scenes...but other than that, It sounds good.
....But it DOESN'T have a lot of sex in it. I already said that. There's nothing like that until the last volume, and even then it's not much. The only thing that's in the rest of the series is kissing. That's it.

i_love_schwarz
01-07-2005, 09:54 PM
....But it DOESN'T have a lot of sex in it. I already said that. There's nothing like that until the last volume, and even then it's not much. The only thing that's in the rest of the series is kissing. That's it.Yeah, there are only two scenes in the last volume, and they aren't even that long... The other steamy parts are just the kissing scenes like Tod had just said; it isn't just smut... The series itself is actually quite good... Lots of angst, comedy, and suspense... ^_^

Jishu
01-12-2005, 07:11 AM
I've only bought and read the 1st volume because it is not sold here in my country. I only got to buy it when i was having my vacation. I really want to buy the rest of the volumes but if I ask my grandma to buy it for me (she lives in LA)...i don't think that would be nice to know. ^_^;;; I ask for other mangas instead.