PDA

View Full Version : If you think Tomoyo is a lesbian...

Yukitomon
05-06-2010, 09:58 AM
YOU FAIL!

小美ドクロchan
05-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Not really. CLAMP loves that stuff. And they make it pretty clear that Tomoyo has romantic feelings for Sakura.

Yukitomon
05-06-2010, 10:23 AM
DOH! *slinks away quietly*

SailorBecky
07-09-2010, 09:08 AM
I read that Madison (I prefer English Language) was. But there really wasn't any inkling of that in the English language. Well, to me anyway. She just seemed to be a helpful and giving person who loved giving Sakura her outfit creations. Now that you think about it...
I'd prefer her straight. But that's not the way it goes by the looks of it haha.

Yuri Sakura
07-31-2010, 05:22 AM
I not thinking tomoyo is lesbian. Tomoyo is a nice girl, she is just like to be with sakura . N she is happy when sakura wear her homemade outfits for sakura to wear it.

Roloko vi Britannia
08-03-2010, 10:14 AM
IMO she loves Sakura as a close friend so no she is not a lesbian.

Nowi
08-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm bi myself, it could be that she's bi-sexual. o.o

sakura-chiru
02-18-2011, 04:26 PM
of course not
tomoyo is only Obsessed about sakura and like her as dear sister
if she was lesbian she would do weird thing or Disgusting thinga like sleeping together naked or touching body in weird way
but tomoyo isn't like that
she's pure and honest
if she was lesbian she would get Jealous of shaoran that he falling in love with sakura
and if she wasn't a real good friend she wouldn't help sakura & shaoran in their love path

marsbear
03-21-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't see why it's not possible. We can't always determine a person's sexual orientation simply by their actions. Additionally, it follows that no single action is an absolute determinant of a person's sexual preference. Thinking we can be so damn sure about things is just silly.

Miasma
03-28-2011, 09:51 PM
The implications are definitely there, but it's hard to tell if Tomoyo really is a lesbian (or bi); she and Sakura are only ten years old, after all. Also, intimate but hetero relationships between young girls are common in Japan, as far as I know (that isn't to deny the more blatant hints that Tomoyo has feelings for Sakura, though).

usagiichan
05-27-2011, 11:27 PM
She is. It's obvious. Even more so in the manga.

Superbi Squalo
05-28-2011, 12:26 AM
I second what usagi said. <_<; It's blatant.

Hikarin
05-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Maybe she's not a lesbian, but she kinda does love Sakura in a romantic way.
In manga there doesn't really seem to be an issue with gender or even if the person is your cousin (just look at Yuuichi and Nayuki from Kanon).
I can't remember if Tomoyo ended up kissing Sakura or not?

of course not
if she was lesbian she would do weird thing or Disgusting thinga like sleeping together naked or touching body in weird way
she's pure and honest
if she was lesbian she would get Jealous of shaoran that he falling in love with sakura
and if she wasn't a real good friend she wouldn't help sakura & shaoran in their love path

Why do people always classify lesbians like that? =_=
I mean, I'm bi and I don't go around grabbing my female friends to get their attention. Hey, most straight people won't even do that to the opposite sex.
She wouldn't be the first character that CLAMP has made gay/bi either you know.

Will Phuah
06-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Maybe she was but it would be that she just loves Sakura for a sister. You can see how close the two are.

GenGen
06-18-2011, 06:24 PM
It's not so much that I'd think she'd be a lesbian, but more of just someone who particularly likes giving affection to those of the female gender. That doesn't make you a lesbian.

Fate Testarossa
06-24-2011, 05:48 PM
I figured she wasn't but when I was reading the Manga she meant they were talking about two different kinds of love.

Anniexo
07-04-2011, 04:49 PM
of course not
she's pure and honest

Dude she's 10 -12 years old, do you really think an anime character that young would do stuff like that!?

To answer the question I did see something online about Tomoyo saying she loved Sakura, who looked back and asked Tomoyo what she said and her reply was something like 'Oh it's nothing'

shaera-phina
08-13-2011, 09:17 PM
The Manga strongly hints that she has romantic feelings for Sakura. They took out of the english version because an American audience would shun such content. I personally try to overlook it because I disagree with it (no i don't hate you bi people and gays I just disagree with you in a passive way) I always hoped she would end up with Eriol (kind of weird I know) And it would not be the first time clamp pulled something sketch in Cardcaptor Skaura. They have a young girl dating her teacher, that is just sketchville if you ask me.

alisaallthat
09-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Ahahah, I have to say Tomoyo is definetely a lesbian.

It is pretty obvious, but like everyone else said, she might just be very close to Sakura, like a sister. So changing my reply, I now say I don't know, lol.

I love Tomoyo, lesbian or not.

The Manga strongly hints that she has romantic feelings for Sakura. They took out of the english version because an American audience would shun such content. I personally try to overlook it because I disagree with it (no i don't hate you bi people and gays I just disagree with you in a passive way) I always hoped she would end up with Eriol (kind of weird I know) And it would not be the first time clamp pulled something sketch in Cardcaptor Skaura. They have a young girl dating her teacher, that is just sketchville if you ask me.

And now my switch flips over to the "lesbian" again xD. Clamp has done some pretty weird things, so it may be obvious. But only Clamp knows, and maybe even they don't know. . . *melodramatic music*

Suzume
09-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Which tomoyo are u talking abt?

cutiepiefrost1
09-28-2011, 09:55 AM
No I dont think she is

alisaallthat
09-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Well, I was talking about Cardcaptor Sakura Tomoyo. I love Tomoyo xD

Princess Cupcake
04-19-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't even know why there is a discussion about this. Madison is in the 4th grade, she's not a lesbian. It's obvious that if you think so, then you fail because nobody should be trying to determine sexuality at that age in the first place. When I was in the 4th grade, I was chasing boys but that doesn't mean I'm straight. Besides, I get lovey dovey with my best friend all the time and we both admire each other, but that doesn't mean I have a crush on her. Jeez.

ItsMeMario
05-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Ok first of all Sakura and friends are all about 9yo, at 9 you wouldn't even have hit puberty yet, so you wouldn't be "desiring sexual contact" with anybody. The hormones that make a person desire sexual contact are released into the body when a person reaches puberty. Homosexuality means to desire sexual contact with someone of the same sex. So you can NOT tell if a person is a homosexual or a heterosexual until the person reaches puberty. At age 9, you just have friends, some of whom are of the same gender, others of the opposite gender. Some are just friends while others are really good friends. The "romantic" elements you speak of I believe are just being "very good friends", as actual romantic relationships (the relationships that exist just prior to sexual relationships, and start as a result of desire to have sexual contact) require an individule to desire sexual contact, which does not start until puberty. Therefore it is clear that NONE of the little girls in Cardcaptor Sakura can be judged as being either homo, or hetero, or bi. They just aren't old enough yet for anybody to tell their sexual orientation.

Any "fan speculation" is just that, SPECULATION, and has no bearing on the actual canon of the story. And as far as I know, their sexual orientation is in no way stated in canon material. Even fans who believe homosexuality is implied by certain scenes in the manga or anime are just "fan speculating". Nothing in the actual canon material states the sexual orientation of ANY character.

In fact none of the characters sleep with each other. None of them even grope or fondle anybody through their clothing. None of them say sexual things about the others. None of them do anything that implies anything more than that they are just VERY GOOD FRIENDS!!!!!!!

Alice Lost
11-19-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure if it's just me or not but...

When I was on Cardcaptor Redeemer (before the website was shut down), a few of us were talking about the manga when Tomoyo said something about doing something a little more adult. When Sakura asked what Tomoyo said, Tomoyo said "never mind".

I was only told this and I haven’t read the manga up to that point but maybe it might have something to do with this discussion.