PDA

View Full Version : Differences in the Live Action movie.

apfmh
04-06-2010, 04:33 AM
just curious about the differences people noticed from anime to live action...

obviously they changed the ending quite a lot. i think there were good things about both endings. i think it was important for the anime to continue after L's death but I preferred Chief Yagami to be alive to see his son caught.

I wonder why, just a small change but made me curious, they change Ray Penbar (FBI agent following Light)'s name to Raye Iwamatsu? Doesn't make any difference, just curious.

I prefer the way Naomi M (forgotten her name...Misora?), Raye Penbars fiancee was dealt with in the anime. The movie made her seem like a bit of a baddie I think.

Either way, I loved both the anime and the live action (slightly less, but still loved!).

Marissaputri
04-09-2010, 06:42 AM
I like the live action movie. Especially the spin-off.
L very cool in the movie

Rulloxp
04-09-2010, 01:34 PM
The live action movie actually wasn't that bad. But, i hated the ending.

Spoiler: (Don't read if you haven't finished either the manga, or the L.A.M.
Everyone who had died in the book, didn't die in the movie. Don't get me wrong, i wanted L to survive in the book, but the way they did it in the movie just didn't make any sense.

Either way, i liked both. But, liked the anime\\manga slightly more (:

apfmh
04-11-2010, 01:56 AM
lol omg i love that pikachu pic in your sig, so cute!

Rulloxp
04-11-2010, 01:58 AM
lol omg i love that pikachu pic in your sig, so cute!

Thanks, a good friend made it for me (:

Mister_S
04-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I did not like the ending in live action at all I mean if L would write his own name down in the death note, why would he only give himself 23 days (i think) left I mean he could've wrote his name down for twenty years in the future or something to that effect. I always wanted L to win but being the best detective in the world I thought he'd be able to defeat light without killing himself.

One of the differences I did like is the mask he wears in public, that is one of the funniest scenes in a live action I have ever seen XD.