PDA

View Full Version : Is this anime similar to Code Geass or even any good?

CorneliaNoGeass
04-06-2010, 01:55 AM
ive been hearing a lot of talk on this gurren lagan anime.
is it any good? is it similar to code geass cuz there both meccha?
anyway i took a quick peek at the anime and my opinion of it now is that its kiddy. but then again a lot of people say its good so should i give it a try?

GameGeeks
04-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Don't know about Code Geass, haven't watched it, but that is a good anime if you can sit through the first eleven episodes. Not sure if Geass is mecha or not but Lagan is well worth the watch, especially the last five episodes. Also, this probably should have been posted in the general anime section.

CorneliaNoGeass
04-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Don't know about Code Geass, haven't watched it, but that is a good anime if you can sit through the first eleven episodes. Not sure if Geass is mecha or not but Lagan is well worth the watch, especially the last five episodes. Also, this probably should have been posted in the general anime section.

thank you so much for the fast reply
ill try watching it

Gjallarhorn
04-06-2010, 02:34 AM
No.

Code Geass is a drama that just happens to have mecha in it.

Gurren Lagann is a homage to the super-robo mecha series and the absurd testosterone-packed mecha series from decades passed; this goes especially for its numerous tributes to GaoGaiGar.

GameGeeks
04-06-2010, 02:35 AM
The first 11 episodes are filled with drama.

Gjallarhorn
04-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Having drama and being a drama series are two separate things. One can't have character development without the use of personal drama on some level. The majority of this occurs between episodes 8 and 11, in the development of Simone.

Liefe
04-06-2010, 07:08 AM
if your after an anime similar to code geass try death note for the pschology hit, if your after mecha, i cant help you sorry.

kimi no kioku
04-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Of you want an anime very similar to code Geass, try Gundam 00.
They're alot a like.

The Butcher
04-06-2010, 05:48 PM
TTGL is nothing like Code Geass.TTGL is just dumb characters that make you want to rip you eye balls out.I didn't see enough fight scenes to say a opnion on them yet,because of the characters.

Hollow Lelouch
04-08-2010, 01:00 PM
It Could've been better, but as The Butcher said; the characters were irritating, and the series couldn't seem to take itself seriously until the end. Towards the end, the series does a 180, and is actually enjoyable. I will admit, I would have liked it better if the much superior Now and Then, Here and There wasn't airing at the same time, and sorta dominating my interest at the time.
If I watch it again I might get into it, but the first time didn't do it for me.
Also, don't watch the english version. They pull a Star Ocean EX and pronounce an english name wrong. Simon becomes Sea Moan.
as for SO EX, they pronounced Claude as Cload.

Kuraya554
04-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Gurren Lagaan is not very similar to Code Geass; the only similarity is that both animes involve mecha. I'll be one of the first to admit that Gurren Lagaan is rather juvenile, but sometimes that's good, you know? Especially if you want a laugh. I like to go for the light animes every once in a while. Although I enjoy it, I don't like to go for too long with just the heavy stuff.

If you're looking for something similar character-wise, I would suggest Death Note, if you haven't seen it. The similarities between Lelouch and Light Yagami are uncanny.

Ayu 「あゆ」
04-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Try Death Note. It's very witty and well done like Code Geass. Code Geass is really less about the meccha and more about just battling the odds with your intellectual mind, and thus I'd recommend Death Note to you even tho it is a very different anime

TheLoneBlade
05-05-2012, 09:29 PM
As many above me have previously stated Death Note and Code Geass are extremely similar. When I first started watching Code Geass, I was thinking "Death Note with mechas!?"

Stockgenius
06-19-2013, 10:33 PM
You could try Full Metal Panic!, Guilty Crown or Gundam Seed.

While they cannot top Code Geass in terms of plot, I think they will entertain in terms of mecha fighting action.

~OTAKYU~
01-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Yeah Guilty Crown thats nice watch out for that ending!