PDA

View Full Version : It is done....

Deadeye31
03-30-2010, 09:40 PM
I like to think of an anime/manga (we really need a word or phrase for the combo) as not over till they finally finish the anime and well, here we are....:)

I'd like to get everyone's reaction to the ending of a story that, for me at least, was 8 years, 558 chapters and 193 episodes (which amounts to 96.5 hours, about 4 days of viewing...doesn't seem like a lot but that is 4 days straight.). and I regret not a moment of it.

Inuyasha is a pretty important anime in my listing of ones I've seen. I first saw it back in 2002 but didn't really care for. One day, though, I think I just sat down, started watching it while it was on Adult swim and it just eventually grew on me. Before Inuyasha, my look at anime was Just Mecha (Gundam Wing, Robotech and maybe G Gundam) and I remember seeing some sailor moon episodes on TV in the morning back when I was like 10.

After Inuyasha I started looking at many other animes and have come to respect and love the genre as a whole. I even started watching many of the Romantic comedy ones like Chobits, Love Hina and Tenchi. Recent favorites are Gungrave and Desert Punk (must watch in english). This small list doesn't do my full list of animes justice since I've seen probably close to 40 of the best ones. But the important part is that through Inuyasha I started my modern era of anime watching.

As far as any favorite parts of Inuyasha I actually think I loved the recap episodes they had about the 80s (I think episode 147 and 148) or somewhere around there. I also like the music very much; loved "change the world" and Brand New Day and Come; I very much liked the ending theme #3 from the final act, as well; Over all, the songs are very good and really leave you wanting more.

So, for me, it's been one hell of an epic Journey and the ending was very satisfying and yeah, we all got what we wanted though they could have had a bit of dialogue before the big moment.

Rumiko Takahashi should be very proud of herself, she's one hell of a writer. Now if you'll excuse me, it always takes me a couple of days to recover when I see the ending to an anime I loved.

Rei
03-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Inuyasha was one of my first animes. It was great while it lasted, but we have to bear in mind that every anime has its end.

Deadeye31
03-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Unless, it seems, it's Naruto or Bleach. will those ever end?

Rei
04-01-2010, 02:59 AM
Unless, it seems, it's Naruto or Bleach. will those ever end?

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Maybe they'll only end when the producer dies or something. Who knows? :p

Amulet_Diamond
04-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I was excited when they announced The Final Act and I have to say, I was not disappointed.

I felt the manga let me down slightly in the fact that Kagome and Inuyasha's relationship was never raised to the level of even a kiss. However, in the last episode, we were able to get that moment between them.

Inuyasha was my first anime, back in like 2002 or somewhere around there, so it was a long ride but I'm glad the anime was given the opportunity to run to a complete finish.

Z-Shade
04-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Yeah it is done, glad they went back to add an ending to the show.

Although i am still intrigued about the original timeline (the timeline within the show of coarse), since the timeline that the show takes place in is altered (not the original, or it is original but becomes altered with kagome's presence, i guess well never know). Would of been interesting to see how thing's would have turned out in the original one where kagome wasen't born yet, therefore she couldn't travel back in time to help, so they had to play the event's without her.

Wonder if he was stuck to the entire tree in the original, or someone else freed him.

Would of been somewhat interesting to see it, but then they would need to create another show displaying the original timeline period, would be nice but it's not going to happen lol, i guess there is still some material left, to create more stuff (movie, episodes), But i think im glad it's done and it's probably better this way in the end.

Käras
04-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Now if you'll excuse me, it always takes me a couple of days to recover when I see the ending to an anime I loved.

lol, oh how I have felt like that. I havn't seen inuyasha in a long time, now that its all over I might check it out. Its good to hear it ended well. I've been watching a lot of random stuff that doesnt end well, or at all imo... But I wonder something, now that your favorite show is over, what will you watch now? I watch Naruto, and Bleach through all its goodness, and BS, but it will honestly suck when they end.

Crazyjavi87
06-14-2010, 03:47 AM
Wait, what? I r confused. I read the manga and I did not like the ending due to...well....
....*fear for rep being tossed down wins*

Anyways, how does the anime end? I know how the first part ends(CLIFF-HANGERS AHOY!)

But what of the second part?

Shinigami Hilde
06-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Wait, what? I r confused. I read the manga and I did not like the ending due to...well....
....*fear for rep being tossed down wins*

Anyways, how does the anime end? I know how the first part ends(CLIFF-HANGERS AHOY!)

But what of the second part?

Why not go look it up? Kanketsuhen still has plenty of live streams running all over the net. Hulu.com, animecrazy.net, youtube, probably even veoh has it. Go look it up.

The_Angry_Princess
08-09-2010, 09:46 PM
yeah your right