PDA

View Full Version : Question about the other series

Aku no Hikari
03-30-2010, 06:23 AM
Hey everybody,

I finished watching Lelouch of Rebellion and R2 some time ago, and I was wondering about the other series that people talk about (Nightmare of Nunnally, etc..)

How many other series of Code Geass exist? And do they have to be watched in a certain order? And which one is the best? (Or which one should I watch first?)

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Besides R1 and R2
I know of Nightmare of Nunnally.
Suzaku of the Counterattack
Tales of an Alternate Shogunate
Renya of the Blackness(Not released yet.)
And the official manga of Lelouch of the Rebellion.
Lost Colors(Game)

Besides the two animes, there's not specific order to view them. I suggest Nightmare of Nunnally first because it was my favorite(it's where I got my screen name)
Alot of them are hard to find with English translations.

wolfgirl90
03-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Hey everybody,

I finished watching Lelouch of Rebellion and R2 some time ago, and I was wondering about the other series that people talk about (Nightmare of Nunnally, etc..)

How many other series of Code Geass exist? And do they have to be watched in a certain order? And which one is the best? (Or which one should I watch first?)

Well, there are no other animated series of Code Geass. So far, we only have R1 and R2.

When it comes to manga and other stories, Rolo Vi Britannia covered it. The only thing I would add would be the Code Geass light novels. Some of them just cover the series (like Entrance, Knight, Shadow, etc) while others (e.g Red Tracks) deal with the events that occurred before the start of the series.

The different Code Geass manga do not have to be read in any particular order. Nightmare of Nunnally is the best one so far, although, for the sake of simplicity, I would recommend reading Suzaku of the Counterattack first, simply because it came before Nightmare of Nunnally.:p

Aku no Hikari
03-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Well, thanks for the answers. :)

Rei
03-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Other than those, there's also 1.Code Geass Knight (for girls) and 2.Code Geass Queen (for guys). Both mangas are a series of short comics.
Then there's: 3. Chibi Code Geass. A humorous take on Code Geass, drawn in chibi.

I realized that the mangas (NoN, Suzaku of the Counterattack) mostly start out the same way.

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-31-2010, 02:13 PM
I was wondering about Knight and Queen. Are they like yaoi and yuri, because they look like it.

Rei
03-31-2010, 08:43 PM
The covers look like it...from what I've read they're more to the humorous side, and not really yaoi or yuri either. Maybe just the slightest hints, for example C.C. and Kallen get into a really awkward situation or something like that. I don't have my manga with me, so I can't provide more accurate descriptions...

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Okay, then I'll check them out.

Rei
03-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Chibi really is quite funny though.