PDA

View Full Version : Crest Of The Stars

<><JIM><>
02-14-2004, 03:26 PM
hey i was wondering if anyone has herd of it and if they know were to buy it other than comic book stores

Manhattan_Project_2000
02-14-2004, 04:35 PM
I&#39;ve watched it on Tech TV. I&#39;m assuming your talking about the anime (Is there a Manga?). I&#39;d check FYE, Suncoast, or a electronics store like Best Buy. Sometimes EB has used anime videos.

wizz-o-matic
02-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Hm, never heard about any manga of Crest of the stars,
I&#39;ve watched all 3 series and they are pretty good in my opinion.

Mini-T
02-14-2004, 08:46 PM
i thought i seen some "manga" at a little comic book store on the corner

Kaitou Ace
02-15-2004, 01:27 AM
As I understand, Crest of the Stars was based on novels and not on manga, so I do not -think- that there is official manga out. There may be doujinshi, and there may be film comix, but not official manga.

Could be wrong tho, but I am fairly certain that it&#39;s based on novels.

Sweet_Angel
02-15-2004, 10:50 PM
I never heard of it and i usually go to www.tokyopop.com and see new manga things.

SpikeSpiegel
02-27-2004, 07:39 PM
I got "Crest of the Stars" from I think it was discountanimedvd.com or something like that.

I&#39;ve yet to see all of "Banner of the Stars" 1 or 2, but I do intend on buying them eventually, although extending my inuyasha collection, and starting off my ruroni kenshin collection, as well as possibly betterman, first.

I don&#39;t know if they still do, but Tech TV used to show episodes of "Banner of the Stars" on their anime show, "Anime Unleashed".

SGI
03-03-2004, 02:14 PM
I&#39;ve seen all of Crest/Banner/Banner II and I absolutely adore that series. Although I know of a manga version, it doesn&#39;t interest me. But I eagerly await a translated version of the novels, i&#39;ve seen the japanese novels at Kinokunya in Sydney, i can&#39;t read a word of Japanese.

harakiri
12-26-2005, 10:47 AM
i've heard of it. i have the first volume of it. i got mine at the bookstore in the mall.

Darth Xor
12-26-2005, 12:52 PM
It is quite good. The beginning is kind of so-so, but as it moves into Banner of the Stars and Banner of the Stars II, it gets much better. Now, I eagerly await the American release of Banner of the Stars III!

SilverOcean
12-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Yup I've heard of the Seikai series. It's one of my most favorite novel(s) turned anime/manga. I've seen the anime 'Crest of the Stars', 'Banner of the Star I', and 'Banner of the Star II'. I have yet to see Seikai no Senki III. I've read the 'Seikai Trilogy' manga released by Tokyopop. I also own the Seikai novels: Seikai no Monshou (all 3) and Seikai no Senki (all 4).

SGI
01-24-2006, 04:28 AM
I finished watching Sekai no Senki III not too long ago. I must say, it is a rather short and to the point series. But you really get to see Lafiel and Jinto's relationship develop. And there certainly seems like a 5th series is in the works eventually.

Hanyou Inuyasha
01-24-2006, 04:40 AM
I have hear of Crest of the Stars, I think It is cool

Darth Tyranus
01-30-2006, 07:10 PM
I saw some of banners of the stars in tech tv and I think it is still home to one of the dumbest things I have ever seen on an anime to air on tv. I'm talking about the episode where the encounter a prince (or something to that effect) and all of his staff who runs his ship are women in french main outfits. I couldn't stop laughing at just how dumb the whole thing was.

SGI
01-31-2006, 05:12 PM
I take it you're referring to Baron Febdash?

I loved that small arc of Crest of the Stars, it proved to be an interesting little saga. Particuarly the dinner conversation in which they were basically making threats in the politest tones possible.

But hey to each their own in reference to taste.

animeadmirer
01-31-2006, 07:09 PM
The only real problem with the Crest of the Stars and the rest of those series was that there simply wern't enough stories and events behind it. The background is good. The characters are great. And yet it almost seems the series give us just enough for us to fall in love with the characters but not that enough to really get to know them and such.

White Tiger X
01-31-2006, 07:34 PM
looks like we got a Crest of the Stars fan. well i can help you out. you can look at borders if you're talking about the manga. if you're talking about the DVD, borders might hav it too. you can also chect amazon.com.

SGI
02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
The only real problem with the Crest of the Stars and the rest of those series was that there simply wern't enough stories and events behind it. The background is good. The characters are great. And yet it almost seems the series give us just enough for us to fall in love with the characters but not that enough to really get to know them and such.
If you want an even more plot heavy Space Opera story of a similar vain to Crest of the Stars, I really really reccomend you try and find Legend of Galactic Heroes. I am currently 22 episodes into this epic 115 Episode saga and I can honestly say it mixes in the best elements of Crest of the Stars with an even more intricate and deep plot. Plus a cast of characters so large it is utterly mind boggling.

wizz-o-matic
02-07-2006, 05:59 AM
Woh, this thread is still alive ^_^

mah, I also just recently watched Sekai no Senki III, and it's a good OVA ^_^ I kinda liked it.

Hm, there's going to be a 5th series ... now ... can't think on how they'll continue it ...