PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks that Light got really reckless at the end?

Hypatia
03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
...Light was really so consumed by his evil at the end that he got really reckless and that is why he got caught.(well that is what i think anyway)

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-14-2010, 11:27 PM
He got too arrogant. He thought he could beat Near easily because he beat L. He stopped thinking as clearly because of his pride.
That's what I think.

knives1019
03-15-2010, 12:03 AM
It is not that he was careless it is that he broght to many people into the mix and he got out smarted.

Hypatia
03-16-2010, 09:50 AM
It is not that he was careless it is that he broght to many people into the mix and he got out smarted.

he did and that is where everything went wrong I think.

He got too arrogant. He thought he could beat Near easily because he beat L. He stopped thinking as clearly because of his pride.
That's what I think.
He did and it was sad because he thought that he was so much better than all the other investgaters and near.

apfmh
03-21-2010, 01:33 AM
Yep, he got too cocky and thought he was smart and nobody could outsmart him, also bringing too many people into the mix made things worse, i agree. but mostly, as time went on he became more and more consumed by his whole 'God' fantasy that he thought he was unstoppable...i still wish L hadn't died though!

死神じゃない
03-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Lol, I thought a lot about this too.

I think it was stupid how Light lost and he should have just told Mikami to keep an extra real page of the notebook and just use that...
I actually was going to make a sequel to Death Note for my Japanese class project, but I was kinda embarrassed and made these slightly related videos:
Episode 1 (http://amilkhanzada.blogspot.com/2008/12/japanese-101a-presentation.html)
Episode 2 (http://amilkhanzada.blogspot.com/2009/03/japanese-101b-presentation.html)

Rei
03-30-2010, 11:24 PM
I thought he already did go overboard when he thought he could kill the FBI agents and get away with it. Well he did, but not for long.

He got too cocky, even outright told L that he was Kira. -.-

Lehvorak
04-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I thought that the blame goes to Mikami because he was the one that made the error... which caused Light's demise. I mean, look Light could've won if Mikami didn't take action on killing Takada.

The Butcher
04-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Un like Lelouch,Light underestimated people,though he was smart.

I guess he got to egotistical to try his hardest.

The Truth in Blue
04-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I thought he already did go overboard when he thought he could kill the FBI agents and get away with it. Well he did, but not for long.

He got too cocky, even outright told L that he was Kira. -.-

It's funny, because if Light hadn't killed the FBI agents, L would have never investigated him at all.

chocomallows
04-09-2010, 02:03 AM
greed and pride gets in the way of his thinking :D

Rei
04-09-2010, 05:20 AM
It's funny, because if Light hadn't killed the FBI agents, L would have never investigated him at all.

Not particularly. It leads us to assume that if Light had not killed the FBI agents, he might or might not have been caught by them later on in the story. We wouldn't know, anyhow.

Pun
07-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Meh, I dont think so actually.

His loss was also the fault of Light's accomplice.

kazumiyumi
10-11-2010, 06:37 PM
well if had put a time in for all the deaths and only used those publickly available then l never would have known that he was a going to school and b had acsess to privet infermation also if had had migami keep low for a while i.e. a month then they wouldent have concluded that light was kira at the end and also if had done all his names as far ahead of time as possible then if he needed to keep low he could have at anytime and would not have to make up for it and after a few years had gone bye and all the contrys had decided that kiras judgement was right they could have all the nations go after l/n and then he could have made all criminals names public and just finish them all of instantanily that is what i think

also i dont like the idea of kira killing lazy people

Tsuki.
10-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

Mister_S
10-12-2010, 01:15 PM
In my opinion light had every right to be sure of himself, near admitted himself that Light would have won if not for mikami's mistake... the guy is a freakin genius for god sake !! xD

Lord Tsukuyomi
11-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Too many people got involved. Too much thinking of possible outcomes. I just think he burned his brain out from overthinking. Plus all that power would make anyone lose their way.

Gero50
11-13-2010, 01:59 AM
Oh I toothily agree he did, He started letting the Death Note get the better of him. Like they say apsilute power curuops appositely.

Thefringedninja
11-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Too many people got involved. Too much thinking of possible outcomes. I just think he burned his brain out from overthinking. Plus all that power would make anyone lose their way.

I totally agree...it wasn't him who made that vital mistake, it was Mikami!!!!

Japanhillside
12-08-2010, 01:04 AM
-He was so used to being on top that he thought he was invincible.
In the end that was his downfall .
Now he's in limbo
lol

brolyx74
01-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Yes, he did get careless. He should have made sure his little kira clone had taken 5 pages from the death note fom the very beginnign to always have on him for emergency use. then he never would have been found out when he went back to get the notebook to kill takada, and he would have actually had real death note pages for when he went to went to kill Near and everybody else. Light could have won, but he got lazy and didn't think that far ahead. It's sad.

renfort
01-26-2012, 07:24 PM
He got arrogant and too obsessed with beating Near. Kind of a flying too close to the sun thing so it was pretty obvious he was going to get caught before the end. Also earlier, Light started going from wanting to kill off the bad people to killing off anyone who got in his way and the criminals just became a chore to make sure he could keep suspicion off him and Misa.

Ryuu No Kage
01-27-2012, 04:26 AM
I think he got to obsessed with beating One person which was near. I also thought it was because he brought to many people in which meant it would be harder to maintain his cover. All in all he just got to arrogant in the end and that was his downfall

genesic123
06-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Not really reckless but he should have waited till it actually happened before saying so.
light told Mikami to check the book everyday,i also doubt Near's win.

Still Light should have told Mikami to keep the pages of the Death Note on him.
i thnik that Light's biggest mistake was to kill too many people too fast.He could have adverted suspision on himself.
Killing L was a bad move for him as well.When suspision was lifted on him,he should have left,and not force L to probe furthur.

Ayu 「あゆ」
06-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Yup! Light got deliberately careless. He felt invincible after taking down the World's Greatest Detective. He was practically screaming at Nero that "I'm Kira." He was taunting Nero in such an obvious way, thinking to himself that he was ultimately untouchable.

stfulily
07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Imagine working with the police to find Kira, when you are Kira! I think he went insane under all the stress.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C65oaIHsdYM
no, I KNOW he went insane xD

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Well, I think basically everyone who fully watched Death Note would think that :p

He got too arrogant, his pride boiled his mind and he start thinking much less clearer than before.
Light never took N very serious while he always considered L a great oponent.
He was constantly challenging N on the phone as if saying "Yo, I'm Kira, but you'll never be able to catched me"
After killing L, Light got pretty relaxed as he thought his kingdom was secured and nobody else could ever get in his away, which still lasted for some years.
But then everything got very complicated, too many people got involved, Death Note was revelead along with the Shinigami which was a major blow on Light... he really got reckless and till the end he was absolutely convinced that he was going to triumph and kill N along with all the other.
Over-confidance, arrogance, pride and getting consumed by evil were the main causes for Light being defeated.

darkrider21
07-13-2012, 11:37 PM
yes he did

BlackLotus
07-14-2012, 03:26 AM
I think Light did become careless. He got cocky and that was his downfall simple as that.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-14-2012, 05:30 AM
I think Light did become careless. He got cocky and that was his downfall simple as that.

This is naturally obvious :)

MariannaB
07-17-2012, 12:34 AM
By the end... Light was just insane, even if he didn't fully show it until he was caught.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-17-2012, 05:55 AM
By the end... Light was just insane, even if he didn't fully show it until he was caught.

He indeed was! Guess it should've been very hard to live that life full of lies, all those years being in the police, having tto go trough all those experiences and difficulties, thinking he would have no more difficulties are L's death but then N and Mello showing up to torment him, consumed by the wish of being the Gof of New World, the evilness, arrogance and greed inside of him boiling his mind.
I kinda got scared when he started laughing and made that insane face right in the end :p

MariannaB
07-17-2012, 06:07 AM
He indeed was! Guess it should've been very hard to live that life full of lies, all those years being in the police, having tto go trough all those experiences and difficulties, thinking he would have no more difficulties are L's death but then N and Mello showing up to torment him, consumed by the wish of being the Gof of New World, the evilness, arrogance and greed inside of him boiling his mind.
I kinda got scared when he started laughing and made that insane face right in the end :p

My favourite video on YouTube is 'Kiras Laugh in Different Languages' :)

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Loool, I got see it! :D

Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWAmoUYRNbg

I loved the Russian xD