PDA

View Full Version : Who is your Favorite Character?

NearLawliet
03-03-2010, 07:03 PM
through the course of the Anime i actually came to hate Light. He was disgusting and emotionless to me. I mean sure in the first few episodes he was brilliant, but he became really twisted and i disliked it. I actually came to like all of the Whammy House boys: Near, L, Matt, and, yes, Mello (hey, at least he had emotions) Well L was adorable and clever as long as he lived. And i even liked Near (he won didnt he?) and though Matt only had a brief role i liked his outfit and attitude alot. But who i really hated was that girl (i dotn remember her name) but she was the news reporter than Light used in the last few episodes. LIGHT WAS MISAS! anyway i also liked allt he Shinigami, well not Rem since she killed L. Nut who is your favorite character(s)? Who did you hate?

The Butcher
03-03-2010, 07:31 PM
My favorite was Light,the others did not come even half as close to his awesomeness.Though L is second to him,then Near.

Kaname Shikara
03-03-2010, 07:52 PM
My favorite was Ryuzaki.... (yes I call him Ryuzaki because he isn't L once he dies, Light is....which sucks >_>) Well Ryuzaki was my all time favorite with Near right behind him.

Ones I hated....well Mello kinda and I'm not too sure. I think that's it. o.o

Spectre
03-03-2010, 08:29 PM
I loved/love Mello....and Matt by association

-P.N.-
03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I like Light in the begining of the series, then I like L. (especially in the live action, he is much cooler)... I also like Misa. I don't like Near for soem reason..

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I liked Light alot(Most likely because he was interesting) but after the time skip he turned into a jerk. I liked Misa, L, and Mello too. Near was okay.
I really hated Takada.

Hypatia
03-11-2010, 03:55 PM
I like Near and misa and Ryuzaki (L)
I liked light in the biginning but towards the end he got really reckless.
That Takada woman irritated me!

knives1019
03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Near is the best because he won in the end, with the help of L and Mello of course.

apfmh
03-21-2010, 02:50 AM
I really liked L! i hate that he died but i also like it, i think it was good to have a main character die, rather than just having it play out as everyone expected. i also liked light at the beginning, and then i didn't LIKE him, but he was very interesting, and for a while close to the start, it was like not wanting him to get caught and then as L comes into it you're just waiting for his next move, to see what he will do because he's so clever, and to, eventually, see his mistake and see him beaten!
I really quite disliked the character Mello, I'm not sure why, he just ticked me off! I liked Near too, but L was definetley my favourite. I think Misa was funny but sometimes annoying! I also really liked Matsuda, he was funny and cute, and i love/hate when he realises that Light is Kira, because he was so convinced that Light was a good guy, it's really dramatic and...it's just a really good scene.
I loved L in the live action movie! I think the guy that played Light [i dont know whose name] hmm,i just think they could have picked someone better, he was still good but not as good as he couldve been i think! But L was spot on!

Le_Jardinier
03-23-2010, 01:44 PM
My favorite character was ans still is The Shinigami Ryuk

Apachai Hopachai
03-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Ryuzaki, and Ryuk. I love dem apples, and duh sweets!
Near made me jealous, he was to smart!

Rulloxp
03-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Okay, L was handsdown the best character in the anime <3 Misa was really good too, (:

But, who i hate.. HMM; I completely and utterly disliked that newsreporter that always handled the Kira tapes (He was chubby and in it for the money0 , he just made me really mad. I was SO happy when Light killed him. SO HAPPY. (; Other than that, i didn't really hate anyonen in the show.

Marissaputri
03-30-2010, 08:13 AM
I LOVE L~~~!!
Especially in L Change The World series *drools*

-GAZKUL-
04-06-2010, 06:47 AM
my favourite was Ryuk because he wasnt on anyones side. oh and Matsuda because he is the character i can relate to best

DOOM!
04-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Mellow, he has a chronic drug addiction that can get lulzy when out of hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DewP7gYXyjM

zeromage
04-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I am still in love with inuyasha, i've seen alot of animes and it still is my favorite!!

kitsunekun
04-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Near!
He was an interesting character I thought. He was able to see through Light as L did but at an even higher level. He was very intelligent, especially for his age and I think he was related to L (my theory - their eyes were so similar).

Smudarking
04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
My favorite characters was light then L.

The character i hated the most was mello and near. Mello was just an idiot and Near should have never won. He wasnt even half as smart and L or Light. Only reason i think he won was because he went off of everything L discovered. Without L's information Near wouldnt have had a chance.

Ciel
04-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Aah ~ I actually really like Near. x3 He's pretty cute, whereas I find Mello irritating to no ends .__.
I also love Matt, though i don't know why seeing as he was barely on. XD

viruko
05-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Light was good at the start, then towards the end he just turned into a douche. I mean, for a supposed genius he sure was an idiot, getting caught should be next to impossible if you can kill without even being there. Near was promising at first, then he just ended up being an inferior version of L, who was completely brilliant. I really warmed to Mello as well after he got the side of his face like, blown off or something, and quite frankly, Light's dad and Matsuda were just awesome XD

AVAlution
05-15-2010, 06:28 PM
L and Matsuda. Misa was cute to. :3

Herzedoll
05-17-2010, 06:01 PM
I saw Light as one of the most realistic characters in Death Note, and therefore, he was one of my favorites. He was typically corrupted by his power, turning him almost into a sort of tyrant, and like a lot of people who become corrupted, he saw himself as right to the very end. Upon my first watch I loved L, but that kindof died down after I realized he wasn't too brilliant. :/ Most of all, though, from the anime characters, I think I like Mikami. I don't really know why.

Though, if I can say Beyond Birthday, he is my ultimate favorite! He was brilliant and intruiging in the Another Note novel, and he is probably the character with the most depth, if you really think about it, since he was the...almost opposite to Mello and Near, though he went through a similar sort of 'training' to them, but decided to rebel and rather than become L, to be -better- than L. He was, possibly, even more intelligent than L and just epic. c:

Caspar
05-27-2010, 03:04 AM
L and Mello are my favorites.

animeangelgirl
06-12-2010, 12:47 PM
So my favorite character is Misa Amane,because she's very beautiful and very sweet.Maybe,sometimes she is stupid but is funny too.She always help Light and is a friendly girl..

AsphaltSamurai
06-29-2010, 09:01 AM
My two favorite characters were L and Ryuk. Ryuk was just a stand by kind of Shinigami that wanted to see how everything turned out. Not really on any ones side just having fun at the expense of others. L, well I mean c'mon no reason needed, right?

Lily Rock
06-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Lawliet Ryuuzaki, most epic character Anime has created.

TsukiLuna125
07-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Light is great, though not my favorite. That would have to be Ryuk. After that comes Matsuda. L is awesome, so are Near and Mello. Misa annoyed me at first, but she's alright, and I like her clothes! The only characters I really DIDN'T like would be Rem and Takada.

GrimStride™
07-22-2010, 12:55 PM
I like most of the characters but if i have to name a favorite i'd say it's Light.I really love how he had an idea which he turned into reality(or almost if it wasn't for those meddling kids) using the resources he had,in this case the notebook and his own mind. to the extent of their limits without hesitating to use whatever means necessary like deceit and brainwashing.Plus he did outsmart Ryuuzaki

Kagome
07-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I liked Death Note, though I can't honestly say I had a favorite character. I didn't really *like* any of them...Though I didn't exactly dislike any of them either.

I guess, though, if I had to choose-it'd be Ryuuku. Bastard knew what he was doing and was having fun doing it. Manipulating Raito and biding his time so he could take his soul with his Death Note. That-is even more crafty then anything Raito came up with.

Reiko Kurama
07-24-2010, 12:40 PM
L, Matt, and Mello!!! WOOT!!!

KAORUisMINE
07-25-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm a big Light fan. he made psycho sexy
i hated Near the most outta everyone. the time between L's death waas too short and he was too damn perfect, if L couldnt beat Light he shouldnt have been able to

Nate Kawa
07-28-2010, 08:59 PM
N is my fave, coz' not only he has the wit and skills, he also posses the the character of humility... ;)

The_Angry_Princess
07-28-2010, 09:39 PM
I like that one too

The_Angry_Princess
07-30-2010, 02:16 PM
L is my favorite character

Dkxcore
07-30-2010, 02:47 PM
i hate it that Light was so heartless :@
I loved L he was my favorite, and he was a very good detective, and he knew that Light was Kira but couldn't believe it since he liked him as his first friend.

Noodle94
08-06-2010, 05:10 AM
I think it is pretty obvious who's my favorite character :D

ninryu4
08-06-2010, 05:42 AM
L is cute.

Wisher
08-11-2010, 07:05 PM
L is soo coool. He rocks meh socks. :3

AnythingElseFails
08-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Light was cool.. but only when he was an evil badass. When he'd lost his memory, I was like meh.
L was imo the best, though. He was a genius, and epic. He was funny and interesting at the same time.

My least favourite character would probably be N. I didn't like him.

FlowerMaiden
08-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Ryuk. :D

Full Metal SHORTY!!!
10-02-2010, 07:41 PM
L is definitely my favourite! XD
I'm cosplaying as him at a school party in a few weeks! We're having a death note group XD

Bisoux
10-02-2010, 07:44 PM
L all the way.

His awesomeness is beyond words.

Full Metal SHORTY!!!
10-02-2010, 07:45 PM
He is the most amazing character on our TV sets :)

Bisoux
10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Please delete this post.
Thanks.

Ciel_Phantomhive28
10-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I would have to say my favorite characters are L and Light the battle between those two is like a game of a chess to see who can outwhit the other and its amusing to see the outcome of each an every attempt especially when Misa gets involved in the whole thing.

Thefringedninja
11-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Matsuda all the way xD
I just generally love goofy characters :)

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

L all the way.

His awesomeness is beyond words.

I love L too...but not as much xD

kierzy12
11-19-2010, 06:16 PM
i realy like Near coz he's just awesome.
i realy dont like.....well i dont know coz i have'nt come to think of it

Jmosies
11-29-2010, 11:10 AM
L and Misa Misa.

TANKBRED
11-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Mello. He's wild, he's smart, he's crazy and he looks really damn badass with the scar.

But I still wanted Light to win. After chapter 99, I thought "oh well, too bad so sad, NOW GO KICK NEAR'S BUTT, LIGHT!"

Erika.
12-04-2010, 04:54 AM
I like Yagami Light, though he's soo evil and sometimes disgusted me, I still wanted him to win till the end. And he's soo intelligent, the things he did were just awesome. My second favourite is L Lawliet, he's soooooooooo cute ^.^ and he has something mysterious which I like :P

pulps666
12-05-2010, 05:44 PM
L, definitely. he reminds me a lot of my best friend ^__^ and he's drool worthy

Full Metal SHORTY!!!
12-06-2010, 12:22 AM
L is definitely the best in the movie :) I've cosplayed as him a number of times now, and it is very fun :)

And he's one of the only decent "good" people. He's not evil :) lol XD

FormlessPersonality
12-16-2010, 09:56 AM
nice..........

vIvIeY_zErO
01-05-2011, 10:37 AM
of course L :D

Eternal_Swordsman
02-18-2011, 06:20 AM
My best character is Light Yagami.

FMX500
02-19-2011, 08:00 PM
That angel of death was a character and a half. Deathnote was a serious kind of manga and film.

DJ Smurf
03-05-2011, 09:34 PM
My two favorite characters are L and Matsuda. Matsuda because he's funny, at times, and L because.. he's just cool.

DeathNoteBeholder
03-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Mine was either L or Near. Matt was a pretty cool dude, too.

YuriEcchiGirl
03-15-2011, 05:23 AM
The brilliantly funny & very awesome Ryuk is my favourite Death Note character ^^

n.y.t.g
07-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Near was my favorite character. The main reason being that he was the only above-average intelligence character that survived the entire series. I had originally cheered for Light, but as the show went on I grew more and more tired of his heinous decisions. He should've (and could have) done better than he did. Near was calm, collected, the youngest of all the "geniuses" and let's face it, he got Kira killed. I had always thought L would win out on Kira, but in the end, he didn't have quite as much will to act as Near, and that led him to his downfall. He knew that Light was Kira, but for some reason, he chose not to believe it, and that was what dissappointed me about L. Near kept his senses alert all the way through, and in the end, it really did pay off.

Akita894
07-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I'd have to say Matt is my favorite, even though he was minor. Another favorite would be Misa because i can sorta relate to her, personality wise..lol

Darkhallows
07-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Light was my favorite. I don't really know how to explain it... I guess I liked the fact he was realistic and had a ton of character development... I dunno, I just found him a really fascinating character.
I also liked Misa.

Okkusenman_110Million
08-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Ryuk!!

Epitaph
08-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Has to be L for me.
He's just so creepy and funny at the same time xD I liked every part including him because he's just great. That may sometimes be because of how fitting the voice actors are, I'm not sure.
Anyway, he's my favorite of all. Next would be Ryuk for being so absolutely funny it almost hurts xD

Raigan
08-12-2011, 10:03 AM
I realy like L x) but Light is crazy and I like him too.I hate Near. <_________<

Frederica Sawyer
08-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Aizawa and Matsuda; they were the most normal and respectable characters. Just two cops trying to do their best.

sephygirl1789
09-22-2011, 04:57 PM
ryuk, ryuk, and ryuk i love him soooo much!!! after him it was light

i never liked misa amane much way too chatty even though she did help light create a new world and i am one of those who say that light is the hero of the series cause i am the same way of wanting evil and bad people to go away and have only the nice ones around

animangachik315
10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
l aalll the way baby! he and i are so much alike its scary!

T-Ryuuzaki
11-02-2011, 05:50 PM
My Favorite Character is Light but L is very close second he is awesome + I cant believe that if L doesn't sit like he does his deductive ( or detective ) skills will go down by 40%!

misty moon
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
my fav is light of course

Darkfire Knight
11-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Obviously L.
He's very calm and collected and very funny.
He's an absolute legend......

sasu_girl
11-27-2011, 02:01 PM
l was my favorite. oh my gawd, he was just so chill. i loved his adorable personality and how he was clueless sometimes, even though he's probably the smartest person who ever lived... his social awkwardness made me fall in love with him. the simplicity of his looks also makes him easily identifiable. he's quite unique and people can simply sit with their knees up to their chest and nibble on their thumb i know who they're imitating right away. i just thinks he's one of the best things since sliced bread... at least in this anime :P

Volta
12-04-2011, 12:16 AM
I love L.

catie
12-04-2011, 03:03 AM
I like L and Matt <3. Misa is the one I hate the most. She is soo dumb that she let Light use her. She has all the power so why not use it alone?

LightSpectra
12-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Misa! And Teru Mikami, though I don't like him, I just think he's an interesting character.

cutiepiefrost1
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
L is the best:P

Rainbow Milkshake
12-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Light!! panda-kun XD

Screwby
12-12-2011, 06:02 AM
L and Ryuk were my favorite. L fought brilliantly against a supernatural power that would make it almost impossible to catch the villain. And Ryuk for just enjoying the whole show set up by him.
Light was pretty awesome in the beginning but turned pretty stupid towards the end.

Volta
12-17-2011, 10:13 PM
I actually like Near the best. He wasn't foolish enough to get too close to L's Task Force because he knew that Kira was in the Task Force. I love L, but his demise was due to considering Light more of a friend than a suspect. So disappointing, but that's just how it is...

Amorok
01-02-2012, 10:52 PM
If we're determining our favorites based solely on whether or not we'd like to meet that person in real life, then L. Definitely. But my favorite, all-time FAVORITE Death Note character has got to be Mello. If I met him in RL I'd run the other way, but I adore that character xD

Rose-Lawliet
02-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Matt. He appeared for like, 1 minute 28 with as many fans as the main characters. The way he died was RUBBISH! You dont go and empty your guns on someone who surrene=dered...

Thefringedninja
03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Matsuda :) I loved him so... he was so sweet!
L is obviously another favourite of mine. :D Sugar-addict panda!

Toboe (Tori Smith)
03-22-2012, 05:27 PM
my favorite character is Matt only lol but i also like the anime wolf's rain in tat anime i liked all the wolf's cuz their all pretty!!!! :D

Yayoushiko
03-25-2012, 12:43 PM
I really like L.I liked Light at the first.But then i grew not to like him.

zozzy
04-15-2012, 05:02 AM
L. He was the best and still he is. At the beginning, I thought Light was doing the right thing but then, he went mad. I also like Near and Mello but not as much as I love L.
And, I hated Misa and Rem. Death Note would be much better without them. Misa.. Omg she was really stupid, wasn't she?

stfulily
07-17-2012, 08:04 PM
L was awesome because.. well, he was L. That's pretty much sums it up. In the end, Near avenged L's death. Mello was friggen epic, even though I thought he was a girl when I first saw him.. hehe, oh well xD and even though Matt got less than 2 minutes of screen time, he's still cool in my book and is my second favorite character in the series, after L :3

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-17-2012, 08:12 PM
L of course, he is the best! :D Shame he died, I really didn't expect that, though that L vs Light would last till the end of the anime

The Ace RailGun
07-18-2012, 12:30 AM
L of course, he is the best! :D Shame he died, I really didn't expect that, though that L vs Light would last till the end of the anime

I think almost everyone's fave is most likely going to be L even mine is.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-18-2012, 03:47 AM
I think almost everyone's fave is most likely going to be L even mine is.

I definetely think so as well :)

Ranshiin
07-18-2012, 04:41 AM
I definetely think so as well :)
I'd go as far as calling L a role-model but eh. o_O

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-18-2012, 04:43 AM
I'd go as far as calling L a role-model but eh. o_O

Most definetely L is! :)
The only thing he's not a role-model for is 'cause he eats too many cakes, doesn't sleep much and always sits like a weirdo xD

The Ace RailGun
07-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Most definetely L is! :)
The only thing he's not a role-model for is 'cause he eats too many cakes, doesn't sleep much and always sits like a weirdo xD

Lol yeah :D too bad he isn't part of the ministry of silly walks :D:D

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Lol yeah :D too bad he isn't part of the ministry of silly walks :D:D

Lool, what on hell is the ministry of silly walks? xD

Dorian Gray
07-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Although L is my favourite character, I felt a deeper connection with Light.

simek
08-01-2012, 03:41 PM
I loved Ryuk because He is a sick twisted fuck and He loves to play games with people! :D [apples*]

Matea2306
08-16-2012, 10:23 AM
my favourites are Raito Yagami(Light) and L :D, I dont know why,maybe because Raito(Light) is cool for me in some way but in other way its not good that he is killed people

~Travis
08-17-2012, 09:08 AM
My favorite character is L.
He is pure awesomeness!

darkrider21
08-23-2012, 06:26 PM
light was good but id have to say misa hands down

bloodyrose_emz
08-30-2012, 12:50 AM
I like L... Just because of his characteristic in the story...

Will Phuah
02-16-2013, 01:43 AM
I really like Near (really rare case though). I don't really know why, but I just like him. Probably followed by Mello and Ryuk. I'm a lot like Mello - always getting second in place and having a hot temper. Yeah, I'm definitely like him. Ryuk, well, he's too cute to be a shinigami ! XDDD I really dislike Misa though. Yeah, I know she's faithful and all, but I really didn't like her. She's too annoying.

livetogetrad
02-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Mello, probably. Apparently, he and I are very similar... I guess I can see where people are coming from there, haha. But yeah, in terms of likability, it'd be Mello for me with, probably, L in second?

Em6Ry
02-22-2013, 06:25 PM
L by far!!!

Mietso
02-26-2013, 01:21 PM
L for sure followed by Light. L is just amazing. He predicts ahead of Light in the end which practically changes the game. He's weird and dark in an awesome way. There's not much to dislike about him really. Light was awesome too. Twisted, but that made him cooler.

KazuYuki
04-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Misa is my favorite character i love how she mixed goth with cute i didnt think that it could be pulled off ._. her style of dressing is really cute and its dark too she has a dark personality and a cutesy one. totally love her character

smartninja
07-01-2013, 05:27 PM
MELLO IS AMAZING! with his chocolate addiction, and how badass his face looked after being burned, whats not to like? :D

Miss Venomania
07-01-2013, 06:26 PM
My favorite is L. He's a smart person :3

Glies
09-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Toss up between, Ryuk and L.
Ryuk's the comedy of DN, while L is just perfect for a comedy Duo with Ryuk. lol!

Imagine those two doing stand up, god I'd laugh till I die.

redblood
10-06-2013, 06:52 AM
My favorite character for the first half of the series was definitely Light Yagami and Ryuzaki. They kind of made each other into more interesting characters than they actually were. Even though we haven't seen Ryuzaki do any case without Light being involved, we still get the idea that he didn't have to act much on his own before Kira came. Because of Kira he actually had to show himself and take action, which made him into a better character than if he would have just been in the dark and given directions. The same goes for Light, he wouldn't have had much standing in his way if L hadn't shown up, at least not for some years since no one except L challenged him before Near and Mello came in years later, well no one challenged him that could be considered a threat to him. So because of L he actually had to take action and not just sit down writing down names all the time. He also looses a lot of his charm after Ryuzaki's death, and he never comes up to the same level again after Near comes into the picture.

I don't have a favorite for the second part of the anime, I think it went down quite a bit in the story and I was mainly annoyed at most of them, Mikami had his psychotic charm but he's not a favorite, Takada was quite boring but she got the job done so I can't complain about her. The closest I got to a favorite was probably Mello, he used the wrong means to get to his goals, but I give him a star for trying, and he got pretty close some times. And as Near said, they couldn't have succeeded without each other (Paraphrasing... LOTS).

For my most hated character I must say Near. He just never interested me, he just sat there and talked. He was an L copy except that he liked toys instead of candy, but he was stripped off of the charm that L had. I can't pin point exactly what was wrong with this character, but he bored me a lot. While L took action and went out to catch Kira, using his brain so that Kira wouldn't be able to kill him, Near simply stayed in a safe spot where Kira wouldn't be able to see him. Sure, he didn't need to show himself for his plan to work, and for him it was a better choice to stay hidden. But it also make him so much more boring than L. He didn't have a good enough personality nor did he take interesting enough actions for me to like him. Most of him was just like L, minus the action which Mello made up for in a too action filled way. I know that was the point with those two, and if they had joined forces to begin with then I would probably have liked them both as a team. But because Near acted as a single individual, he became boring and not my type of character.

I should probably learn to keep my explanations to two sentences ^^'