PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone but myself think that the way Mello died was bleh?

Spectre
02-22-2010, 05:56 PM
I mean think about it...Kiyomi killed him w/ apparently w/ a heart attack...Super dull....But Matt(Mello's accomplice) went down in hail of bullets and smoke...UM...shouldn't they be switched??? I mean Mello was 2nd in line to be the nxt L....Matt was 3rd-ish...

-GAZKUL-
02-24-2010, 12:06 PM
honestly i cant remember how he died, heck i cant even remember how L died, i really should watch death note again sometime

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-25-2010, 09:17 PM
I agree. And it wasn't even a scene. It just had Takada saying she did it, then showed him dead. How unfitting of a main character. However the writers said it would reveal to much about the ending if they made it longer.

Hypatia
03-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Mello should have died in a more interesing way IMO Takada killing him is so boring and he was one of the main characters.

Val Pal
07-18-2010, 10:59 PM
I never really understood how Mello died, but I'm pissed that he did because he was one of my favorite characters!

KAORUisMINE
07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
true, i didnt like him much but like Matts' death its should have been flashier, he made a larger impact on the story than Near in my opinon

TANKBRED
12-11-2010, 01:01 AM
I read somewhere that originally, Ohba was going to have Near and the SPK die at Yellowbox (that warehouse where they were supposed to meet with Kira and the police force). Mello was going to live and expose Light as Kira and ultimately become the next L or something like that, but Ohba changed his mind at the last moment. He thought this ending was more dramatic or w/e, and I agree, but the way Mello's death was handled in the manga was ... disappointing. I for one didn't even *realize* he was dead until Near mentioned it later on.

/TL;DR

renfort
01-26-2012, 06:08 PM
The first time I read it, I actually completely missed his death scene. Until later where Near had mentioned his death, I didn't even know he died. I remember that it was just one or two panels. For a pretty important character, Mello should have gotten more panels or something more than just a glimpse of him laying dead on the steering wheel.

Thefringedninja
02-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I agree! However, they probably didn't want to take the focus off of the whole Near/ Kira tension, so they probably thought that a lengthy death sequence would make viewers switch off and destory the tension. Those last two episodes felt really hurried like the budget was running out or something...we never really got to know Mello and understand what made Near and Mello like they were. It would've been interesting to know...

vrarsenal
02-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah, Takada did kill him via a heart attack.
But still.
It is kinda a crap death for Mellow.
I wanted a better death, like falling off a cliff.....just something more physical if you get what I mean....
Matt went out in style, although he was a minor character!

Rose-Lawliet
02-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Yeah... Matt's too... NEEDS MORE WAMMY HOUSE SCENES.

~Travis
08-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Yes, it took me a second of looking at the panel to see he was dead.
It just looked like he was sitting there.
And yeah, Matt, a minor character gets shot a bunch of times.
As Spectre said, I believe Matt and Mello's deaths should be switched they should be switched.