PDA

View Full Version : Light is a shinigami?

Battler Ushiromiya
02-12-2010, 05:25 PM
SPOILERS
Ok, where did light go after death? Not clouds vill, not the great fire pit. The only other world they talk about is that of the shinigami. ONLY shinigami have been shown there. It would make sense that those people that use a death note or the first person to pick it up become shinigami after they die.
There are MANY hints to this even though I am sure it was not ment to seem that way.
Also a shinigami's life span is = to the remaining years he took from someone, so when ever a shinigami comes into being it should have 0 years to it's credit right? Not if he got years from being in the human world and it carries over to the shinigami after life! It is the only way I can think of that would make sense as to why shinigami do not die the second they become a shinigami. ( Unless there is something unknown i can not account for. )
Hey dont blame me if you click on a thread to an anime and they talk about a spoiler. I would think the name would be enough to stop you from clicking noobs.

Hakuto_washi
02-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Ryuk said something like "Humans who use the death note can neither go to heaven nor to hell." So I assume he went into nothingness.

Battler Ushiromiya
02-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Ryuk said something like "Humans who use the death note can neither go to heaven nor to hell." So I assume he went into nothingness.
Is that also the shinigami realm?

Hakuto_washi
02-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Is that also the shinigami realm?
What, nothingness?

Here is nothingness: http://kino3d.org/peach/peach_svncheckout/trailer/black.png

As you can see, that's not the Shinigami Realm.

Battler Ushiromiya
02-13-2010, 09:31 AM
My bad....

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I think you're right TechCNgod. He did become a Shinigami.
I believe, if I remember correctly, there was a brief implication it the movie.

makkuro kiba
02-13-2010, 06:14 PM
I always though he became a Shinigami, so I'm guessing so, how else would Shinigami's be made?

Diocletian
02-13-2010, 06:55 PM
It's implied during the Death Note Rewrite that Light became a Shinigami but that is never confirmed nor denied. Not to mention those OVA's aren't canon.

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-14-2010, 08:09 AM
I always though he became a Shinigami, so I'm guessing so, how else would Shinigami's be made?

That's what I figured too.

かごめ
03-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I always thought it meant that those who use the Death Note and die just cease to exist altogether. Like their souls are just snuffed out of existance. That'd be a rather awful fate for someone who attempted to use the tool of a god when he or she really should have left well enough alone. >x>

NearLawliet
03-01-2010, 07:46 PM
that is a very good theory. i too wondered if all eople who died after using the death note would become shinigami. Though after consideration i believe that no, they do not. Because, if using a deathnote and dying meant you would become a shinigami then that would mean you would be immortal too. People would WANT to use the death note. I just think that as punishment they are sent to eternal nothingness for eternity

Spectre
03-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I assumed he went to purgatory....

kimi no kioku
03-03-2010, 06:51 AM
I assumed he went to purgatory....
Lol, so I suppose that "neither heaven or hell" could mean that. Good thought.

Harutsubomi-chan
03-03-2010, 09:50 AM
The Shintoists believe in the "mu" which means the "nothing"... It seems to be a space between the hell and the paradies, so that's where Light will go. Ryuk told it in the manga!^^

knives1019
03-15-2010, 12:16 AM
there is no way that Light became a Shinigami because that would mean that any one who wrote in the Death Note became a Shinigami. Plus it did not state that he would in the rules of the Death Note.

Gero50
03-15-2010, 12:23 AM
I do agree that he will become one after death. Though he just found the death note on random it's not as though he knew anything about it prior to discovering it.
Though it dose make perfect sense seeing what he dose.

DOOM!
04-06-2010, 04:22 PM
This makes it pretty clear that Light didn't make it into their realm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtlwc9mUwP4

However, if he did, that'd make one hell of a starter for a Third series.

Syaoran
04-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Oh so Light just goes into a void black...? O.O WEIRD!!!
http://dragcave.net/image/ZBaT.gif (http://dragcave.net/view/ZBaT)~DB

wolfgirl90
04-28-2010, 01:32 AM
I think you're right TechCNgod. He did become a Shinigami.
I believe, if I remember correctly, there was a brief implication it the movie.

In the movie (specifically, Death Note Rewrite: Visions of a God), we have that same situation with Ryuk that we did with C.C at the end of Code Geass. Just as C.C was talking to herself about Lelouch, Ryuk was talking to himself about Light Yagami. And just like Code Geass, when Ryuk says Light's name near this mysterious shinigami that he was talking to, most people assume that the shinigami IS Light (which makes no sense considering that Ryuk just told Light's entire story).

Also, people make a lot of assumptions of the mysterious shinigami based on his looks.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080519003220/deathnote/images/8/8e/Unnamed.PNG

Some people say that the coat was same one that Light was wearing, that the headband was his tie, that the bag is the same one that Light was carrying...

Of course, none of this things have been confirmed, so we can really only guess since there is no answer.:closedeye

TaroKagami
05-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Ryuk stated there'd be only "nothing".

Light used the Death Note, so he went to "nothing" when he died. I can't believe there's so much senseless discussion about such a simple fact :mellow:

Tbh, the world was better off when Light was still alive. L said it himself: "Yes, that would be dark..." :closedeye

Movie Dave
06-20-2010, 04:05 PM
well according to the manga all humans go to MU:nothingness but note: Ryuk said humans and do you guys remember what Rem said when he/she died?"light yagami, you have have killed a shinigami you have surpassed the shinigami" that's something to take for granted. but in the end it's all a fan-theory that who knows maybe it will never be proven. v.v

Digital Dragon
06-20-2010, 08:24 PM
I am of the opinion that shinigami are spirits forced to walk the earth after death, so by that logic then Light would have become a shinigami for using the deathnote, denied heaven or hell.

1gn1t0r
06-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Any confirmed answer yet ?

Reiko Kurama
07-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Personally, I think Light became a Shinigami when he died. There would be no reason for him not to become one.

Yugure's Goddess
07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
It is clearly stated that users of the Death Note go to Mu, aka nothingness. In essence, I think their souls are completely erased from existence or maybe they're sent to somewhere to suffer alone, in a deep dark void.

Anyway, the notion that he became a Shinigami or even went to the realm of the Shinigami is something that the fans came up with and is definitely not canon. You can choose to believe it, though, if you want. I won't stop you. Just filling in some gaps here.

Also, I very much disagree with the notion that the world is better off with a mass-murdering psychopath that's willing to kill people just for being "lazy."

<3 Dani

darkrider21
08-13-2012, 09:42 PM
no heaven or hell for those who used the dath note. this is what i think hapend to light he eather became a shenagomi or may b walking the eath as a lost soul

Jozette
08-13-2012, 10:04 PM
http://youtu.be/Ue8fM2FBL_ALIKE A BOSS

~Travis
08-14-2012, 08:56 PM
I agree with the people who stated he goes to nothingness, or Mu. It clearly states this in volume 12.
So no, I do not think Light becomes a shinigami.

Ravenclaw Isabella Riddle
04-18-2013, 11:46 PM
If Light/Kira became a Shinigami all I can say for the people of that realm is....you are all screwed! If he was bad as a human.....Welcome to the end of the universe anyone?

~OTAKYU~
01-10-2014, 06:02 AM
The answer is just simple he killed lots of people *goes down to hell this is Light > *:angry1:

iUnamai
01-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Well Ryuuk had said said that the Shinigami didnt even know how they becames Shinigamis in the first place so unless Light died and forgot all of his prior memories of his life before death then i doubt hed be a Shinigami. Maybe he was just eaten ? Lolz im not too sure.