View Full Version : Random Catgirl Wall

01-29-2004, 11:19 AM
it's been mentioned that i should have a warning for this wall so you are warned. it's some random catgirl, not sure where from, in an anime style. nothing is really shown but neither is she wearing clothes so..whatever. anyways, those brave/mature enough to look at it (i really don't get the big deal with this one) let me know what you think.
btw, the yin-yang's in the bg, because she has one on her arm (which i tried to psuedo-replicate)

01-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Not bad!
Maybe try to colorize the clouds on the bottom with red or orange tone. In my opinion now they are a bit distracting cuz the entire wp is redish-orangeish, that clouds are gray.

01-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Now that's a scary catgirl... Where'd you get that text from btw?

01-29-2004, 01:26 PM
O_o? text? you mean the kanji? i made those with the pen tool and a kanji dictionary i have on my comp. as for the colorizing, i'll try to get to that after classes are done.

01-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by acamori@Jan 30 2004, 01:26 AM
O_o? text? you mean the kanji? i made those with the pen tool and a kanji dictionary i have on my comp.
Ah~ No wonder they're so... nevermind :P

01-29-2004, 03:28 PM
they're so what asher? i'm curious, if you think they don't look right tell me so. anyways how's this look? (http://dragonseye.ath.cx/wallpapers/catfin.jpg)

01-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Better, I like it

Great job.

01-29-2004, 06:06 PM
The hair seems to blend into the wallpaper a bit too much. Also, I think it would be cool to see the kanji maybe a bit more "rough" or make it blended into the background. it just doesn't seem to blend with the white jagged bar as it is right now.

it's a great start and is a nice image!

01-29-2004, 09:06 PM
k, well, i'm not sure about roughing up the edges of the kanji. i put a slight blur on the kanji instead. and i think fixed the hair issue.
here ya go (http://dragonseye.ath.cx/wallpapers/cat5.jpg)

01-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Well~ About the kanji, I don't write Jap but I do write Chinese. The "cat" or the first word is passable to be read but the second one, the word needs to be worked. Doesn't look nice to me

01-29-2004, 10:20 PM
um well if you can find me the kanji for "girl" i might try redoing it, but that's what my thing came up with, and looks alright to me

01-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Well, for just "girl" or "woman", just use the left side of the second kanji character. That's the word. But you might want to extend the shorter stroke to a bit longer and make the word "fatter"

01-29-2004, 10:46 PM
k, fixed the kanji after a discussion in the chat and my determining my own stupidity in using my kanji dictionary. behold!! (http://dragonseye.ath.cx/wallpapers/cat6.jpg)

01-29-2004, 11:29 PM
thanks for the kanji fix. I was wondering where you were going with that...

When i look at the wallpaper my eyes automatically go to the kanji. If you want the viewer to go towards the character first, try to make the kanji blend with the background a bit more.

01-30-2004, 04:44 AM
I agree of blending a bit the kanji.

01-30-2004, 06:02 AM
Just to let you know, previously, the kanji read "cat mother" -_- now it's just "cat girl" although it's still a bit strange to me, if you did this using the pen tool, I'm quite impressed. If it's a brush - cool

01-30-2004, 11:53 AM
yeah, i used the the vector pen to get the shape of the curves based on what my little program was showing me, then used the 45degree caligraphy brush at 35px and just stroked the path. i've done before several times for kanji and it usually turns out looking pretty good (to me at least)

anyways, thanks for the help guys

01-30-2004, 04:56 PM
hey I like it acamori, a "furry" chick eh, dont see many walls with them, hmm i dont really like the the grey line trail that you have going across the screne I would suggest you rotate the image and then use the ....i forgot its name but the distort that you controll the shape... and make the line trail have a weavy form. You could even maybe put a slight blur on it and make it somewhat transperent. Im dont like how the grey color your using eather for the line trail and the clouds you have on the bottumn, I would suggest using a diffrent color such as one found on the char picture maybe a brown, make the grey part of the clouds some other color aswell. I like how you used the yin yang from her arm in the bg very cool. :)

01-30-2004, 06:46 PM
hmm, yeah, i had been debating with myself on that grey thing in the middle too, as for the bottom clouds, that's not as easy to get fixed but i think i got it better now: how bout this then (http://dragonseye.ath.cx/wallpapers/cat7.jpg)