PDA

View Full Version : which one would you choose ?

ultra_maniac
12-09-2009, 07:48 AM
which girl would you choose as the best in anime

kagome

or

kikiyo

Kagome
12-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Ya know...this question is REALLY old, and quite annoying now. There have been like-6783434 threads asking this same damn question. DON'T ASK IT ANY MORE.

MisaMisaIsMe
12-19-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm going to go ahead and answer this question, I say Kagome.

I just don't like Kikyo, Kagome is nicer, prettier, stronger, and she's ALIVE! :)

Mana Rosette Uchiha
12-19-2009, 03:41 PM
I go with Kagome! She simply put SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME!
I'm sorta new here. Umm...I signed put a really long time ago but...heh heh
^^0
Sorta forgot all about it.
Message me!
I need friends on this site!
-Mana

Yuliya
12-20-2009, 02:50 AM
I don't really like either of them. For awhile I liked Kagome and hated Kikyou, then I decided Kikyou was kind of cool, then I realized I really didn't like either of them. Kagome's kind, but not feminist at all. Kikyou is, yes, tragic, but seriously worse things have happened to people and I sometimes feel like screaming "Get over it!"

deleted00
01-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Kagome. (:

Kagome
01-25-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't really like either of them. For awhile I liked Kagome and hated Kikyou, then I decided Kikyou was kind of cool, then I realized I really didn't like either of them. Kagome's kind, but not feminist at all. Kikyou is, yes, tragic, but seriously worse things have happened to people and I sometimes feel like screaming "Get over it!"

Worse things have happened then being forced back to life from beyond the grave and only having your hatred to sustain you in life for a long time? ....

Uh...No. I don't think so. And that is the only reason that Kikyou was so "b!tchy" in the first place.

colby
01-25-2010, 06:37 AM
i like kikyo better i hate kagome lol who`s inuyasha better off with well i have no idea why inuyasha even likes kagome sure shes nice but she pretty much causes trouble or gets in the way most of the time in battles sure she has her "moments" in battle but still plus she makes fun of yasha and hurts yasha! so my answer is i think kagome doesn`t diserve inuyasha and kikyo can`t either '-_- because shes dead but later in the series she ends up not killing inuyasha she learned the truth and forgave inuyasha but if kikyo was alive she would totally diserve to be with inuyasha they both are more happier with eachother they never fight the perfect team for battles see perfect match too bad she died damn naraku but even if anyone says kagome shouldn`t be with inuyasha in the end inuyasha is with kagome oi but if we`re lucky she won`t! she`ll just be back in her era unable to go back to the fuedle era! yay! lol sorry i just hate her so much she annoys me lol

Yuliya
02-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Worse things have happened then being forced back to life from beyond the grave and only having your hatred to sustain you in life for a long time? ....

Uh...No. I don't think so. And that is the only reason that Kikyou was so "b!tchy" in the first place.

Uh...yes. I personally think that Sango went through much more than Kikyou ever did. Her whole family was killed and her brother is being used yet she still manages to be a cheerful, useful person instead of just feeling sorry for herself, even though she has a complete right to it.

And Kikyou never had to stay alive, she stayed alive because she wanted to and stole the souls of other women to keep herself alive.

-P.N.-
02-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Kikyo!
She is one depressing woman haha, but I still like her anyway.
Love her cold expression (probly cuz she dead).
Love her style (hair, Priestess clothing) also.
Well I think she look better than Kagome, but this is just my opinion.
And yea, I don't think she is compatible with Inuyasha.

Kagome
02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Uh...yes. I personally think that Sango went through much more than Kikyou ever did. Her whole family was killed and her brother is being used yet she still manages to be a cheerful, useful person instead of just feeling sorry for herself, even though she has a complete right to it.

And Kikyou never had to stay alive, she stayed alive because she wanted to and stole the souls of other women to keep herself alive.

Sango survived. That's why she could keep a relatively okay disposition. She also had the hope of getting at least her little brother back.

Kikyou was turned into a revenant basically. Working soley off of the hatred that she was burned with, died with. Spirits don't generally give up on the grudges that they died with. That's true in any culture. That's why she kept her clay-pot body walking, right there. Spirits with a grudge don't usually give up once brought back till said grudge is taken care of-that-or they become really horrible and just keep going till someone figures out how to get rid of them. And in saying this, Kikyou was actually a very special case-because in the end she *did* in fact let go and go back on her own.

Sango on the other hand, being alive, had a chance to allay those feelings, and learn the truth, and work it out. She wasn't stuck with her issues tied to her soul. She could let them go free.

Gero50
03-05-2010, 01:41 AM
Well I think you meant to say Inuyasha, the best in Inuyasha.
I would say Kagome, I really don't like kikiyo

imaCHAN
03-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I really hate Kikyo and I really like Kagome.
Kikyo really does need to let everything go and she died so InuYasha needs to let her go as well. Kagome has saved Kikyo quite a few times and Kikyo hasn't said thank you which is just darn right rude! Kikyo has tried/threatened to kill both InuYasha and Kagome so yeah, I think Kagome is better lol.

Emo kitty of Doom
04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Kagome...

Orenjia
05-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Don't like either...but i am always with the dark side of things so i surely like Kikyo better.

animeangelgirl
06-15-2010, 04:29 PM
If i think a lot i choose kikyo not kagome,sorry!!Kikyo is a very beautiful girl and very strong,kagome is beautiful too but kikyo is much better.Is not important that she's alive or not kikyo si much better anyway,alive or not!

:Kaeli:
07-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Kagome. I honestly Hated Kikyou.

Yukitomon
07-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Kagome is cute, loving, and caring. Kikyou is self-righteous, self-serving, and manipulative. So yeah, I'd choose Kagome.

The_Angry_Princess
07-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Kagome would be my choice but I wish you had sango

Tsuki.
07-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Kagome! That's right 9ine! (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?205220-9ine)
Honestly, I like Sango best of all the female characters. Followed closely by Rin. ^^ Never really cared much for Kikyo or Kagome.

1Inuyasha
07-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Well i think Kagome is much cuter,nicer and such. But just like a few people said Kikyo is stronger than Kagome but they both do get annoying at times. I know im pro InuyashaxKagome but I myself know if kikyo was alive he wouldve3 been with her anyway. But I pick Kagome.

Katie Dawn
07-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Kagome, no question! :)

Totosai
07-31-2011, 06:11 PM

either that or she is allergic to dogs and wants to get rid of dogs for good

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Well i think Kagome is much cuter,nicer and such. But just like a few people said Kikyo is stronger than Kagome but they both do get annoying at times. I know im pro InuyashaxKagome but I myself know if kikyo was alive he wouldve3 been with her anyway. But I pick Kagome.
strange how nobody said kaede, she's probably the nicest female character in the anime.

Utako
09-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Kagome ^.^ 50414

Porcelaine
12-11-2011, 04:53 AM
Kikyo. :) sensible
Kagome's 'sit's are a little...O.o

randius
12-11-2011, 11:28 AM
hmmm Kagome is annoying. I don't like evil ladies much but I'm going with Kikyou

かごめ
01-18-2013, 05:52 PM
I think this excerpt from the Tumblr Inuyasha account sums it up *perfectly* Please do take time to read it:

"Oh, REALLY now? Okay, everyone who thinks this — listen closely because I am going to give you hard, concrete evidence about how Inuyasha went about with his relationship with Kikyou.

A lot of people who view this opinion usually have only seen the anime. So, they see A LOT of Kikyou and Inuyasha’s past relationship. Especially with the “Tragic Love Song of Destiny” episodes. They see a “perfect, harmless, beautiful” relationship that was tragically torn away by an evil man. Thing is… those two “beautiful” episodes were non-canon. Rumiko did NOT create them… so, she obviously didn’t want their relationship viewed in that light.

Hence why she only gave us so little of Inuyasha and Kikyou’s past because it most likely didn’t last very long to begin with. So, here we start off with Inuyasha and Kikyou’s first meeting right after Kikyou is resurrected. Let’s take a look. Btw, I’m using all of this evidence from the manga version, and not the anime just to make it more official.
So, even at chapter 49, here we have Inuyasha immediately telling Kikyou; “I’m not even dreaming about making you care about me. Not anymore.” (Click here (http://manga.animea.net/inuyasha-chapter-49-page-7.html)) He explains to Kikyou that what is done; is done… even if the situation doesn’t make sense about that fateful day 50 years ago, he doesn’t care: he’s through with her. A chapter later, Kagome starts to suck her soul back from Kikyou. Inuyasha stays back to make sure Kagome is okay why Kikyou runs off. It isn’t until Inuyasha realizes she is gone that he goes after her… and what does he tell her once he catches up to Kikyou? “Kikyou, it cannot stay this way. Go back inside of Kagome.” (Click here (http://manga.animea.net/inuyasha-chapter-50-page-6.html))

BOOM. Inuyasha already is looking out for Kagome and is saying that he would rather Kikyou just go back. NOW: I ask all of you believers out their who believe that Inuyasha would have chosen Kikyou if she hadn’t died… why didn’t Inuyasha just stay with Kikyou? I know her clay body wasn’t the best option: but, he could have worked some kind of deal out? But, no… he was more worried about where Kagome was at and if she was getting back to her normal body. Kagome already had that much affect on him.
Now, Inuyasha is faced with guilt. And, a lot of it. Kikyou says, “You dare ask me to die?” And, that sparks something inside of Inuyasha. Inuyasha is now with this beautiful girl who (aka Kagome) is slowly making him feel more confident in himself, and here is Kikyou: a dead, hallow clay-bodied woman sucking souls out of women to live. That is called survivors guilt. And, Inuyasha was infected with it once Kikyou was resurrected.
And, a lot of these believers who just watch the anime, interpret Inuyasha’s guilt with love. That just because Inuyasha is checking up on Kikyou… he MUST be in love with her. That just because Inuyasha wants to protect Kikyou from their mortal enemy, Naraku… they MUST be in love. That just because they had a past love… they MUST still be in love. No. It’s called guilt and protection, and that is Inuyasha’s main motivation with Kikyou. Not “in love”. If he was in love with her, he would have left the second she was revived and travelled with her. But, no… he had Kagome. And he CHOSE to stay with Kagome.

Next point we go to is the meeting where Kikyou tries to drag Inuyasha to hell. A lot of people think he does this with Kikyou because he is madly in love. Well, that’s wrong. Because in Inuyasha’s mind… he thinks the only way to “make it up” to Kikyou, or “to feel what she is feeling” is to just die with her. He is still young, and he is ready to accept any consequences as long as it brings peace to his heart because he has such bad survivors guilt at this point. And, then Kikyou pulls HIM in for the kiss; and INUYASHA pulls AWAY from the kiss. And never once does he say, “I love you. I want to be with you.” He is just in a state of shock that she is still alive, is stealing souls of dead women, and he is ready to just take the leap with her. Or, is he?

As Inuyasha is being pulled to hell, Kagome notices right away that Inuyasha is under her spell. But, right when the spell is broken by Kagome: Inuyasha awakened and runs to save Kagome. (Much like he did in my first point) Kikyou is then appalled at his reaction and action to save Kagome. Kikyou then says, “Is that girl more precious to you then I am?” BAM. Right there. Even Kikyou notices Inuyasha’s actions. That Inuyasha ran to save Kagome over being with Kikyou There’s your answer right there, folks.

Furthermore, the scene shortly after this situation was OMITTED from the anime. Let’s take a closer look. In the anime, Kagome just says SIT and leaves. But, in the manga, a very important scene takes place where Inuyasha begins to explain the situation (very vaguely) to Kagome about how he currently feels. AND HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART. (Click here (http://manga.animea.net/inuyasha-chapter-78-page-14.html) to start reading)

Inuyasha explains to Kagome that it was hard for him to know that Kikyou was alive after everything with Naraku happened. Kagome asks him, “Why did you tell Kikyou you can’t stop thinking about her?!” And Inuyasha explains to Kagome… “After everything that has happened… how can I not think about it?” Kagome is blindsided. She knows he is right. No normal being would forget a person after something like THAT happened. Kagome understands. She then asks him one final question,

“Am I just Kikyou’s replacement?…”

BOOM. Right there, guys! Kagome asks the question you all have been wondering! But, the thing is… this part was taken out of the anime… so it’s only natural you guys wouldn’t know about it. Inuyasha responds VERY honestly and VERY maturely,

“Haven’t I told you over and over again, that you’re NOT?! Okay, yes, maybe in the beginning I thought he did look like her… But now I know YOU. To me, you are only YOU.”

Ahh, what a very, very important moment for our beautiful couple, yes? It’s monumental. Right then and there Inuyasha lets Kagome know that he sees her as HER. If he wanted to be with Kikyou, he would have left with her on her soul collectors. But, he stayed with Kagome. So, you see… how can Kagome be such a replacement when he from the beginning of this 558 chapter series: Inuyasha has ALREADY chosen Kagome?
Sunrise left that beautiful scene out mainly for the ratings and drama. They didn’t want Inuyasha’s character to develop THAT quickly and well. They still needed Inuyasha x Kikyou drama. The rest of the series is Inuyasha going after Kikyou solely because he cares about her.

But, protecting and loving can be two separate things. I want to protect A LOT of people in my life; but I’m not IN love with them… I just love them, you know? I would want to protect my mom and best friend from an evil demon like Naraku… but am I IN LOVE with my mom and best friend? No way.

And, Inuyasha carried IMMENSE guilt on his shoulders throughout the entire series for what happened between him and Kikyou and Naraku. So, he wanted to protect her as much as he could. But, he stayed by Kagome’s side for a reason — because he was in love with her. If he wanted Kikyou romantically, then he would have traveled with her instead from the very beginning or throughout the journey. But, he didn’t — he stayed with Kagome, on his own accord, for a reason. But, his speech at the end about what Kagome has taught him, and how Kagome makes him smile, laugh, have friends, made him strong, happy, and kind… that isn’t fake. Inuyasha meant that. Kikyou didn’t teach him any of that.

Inuyasha’s bond with Kagome is inseparable. The reason he runs back to her is to constantly check up on her because he feels guilty; and really does love her. He’s just not IN love with her. He makes a false promise to Kikyou during episode 47… but, that was because he had just found Naraku may be in love with Kikyou and that made him stick to his stomach. He wanted nothing more than to protect the ones around him because he had already lost so many people in life. He wanted to protect Kagome and Kikyou. But, he wasn’t in love with Kikyou. He just didn’t want one of the most badass villains in anime/manga history (Naraku) to get ahold of her and kill her again.

The manga makes the plot make more sense. And, it doesn’t stress on InuKik’ relationship like the anime did. It’s more straight-forward in the manga. At the end of episode 48, Inuyasha once again explains that he can’t forget about Kikyou: but he wants to BE WITH Kagome. Kagome needed a lot of reminding of that because of her insecurities and jealousy. In the end, Inuyasha stayed and continued to travel with Kagome because HE wanted to. No one held up Tessaiga to his head and said, “STAY WITH KAGOME.”

After Kikyou was pushed off of Mt. Hakurei, Inuyasha went looking for her because he wanted to see if she really was alive — if she escaped Naraku’s grasp. And, would YOU want to look for a friend who just died? Granted, he was an idiot for leaving Kagome alone for Kagura and the Infant to get her… but, he wasn’t going after Kikyou out of love — but rather to just check up on her. During their meetings after episode 48, Inuyasha doesn’t make any false promises to Kikyou — he is just straight up real and wants to check up on her because Kikyou refused to join the gang.

Even after Kagome saved Kikyou in the pool, Inuyasha told Kagome he wasn’t going to go after Kikyou — because as long as she was safe, that’s all he needed to know. Their meeting before Abi-hime was killed was so that Kikyou could give the bow to Kagome and Inuyasha could have another meeting with her. But, nothing romantic ever happened in them. Never, ever again.

Their meeting when Kikyou stole Midoriko’s remaining soul was all Naraku talk. And, that’s what their meetings became. And, Kikyou knew that. Everytime they met is what BECAUSE OF NARAKU. They didn’t kiss, they didn’t agree with go travel with one another, they didn’t say they loved one another. It was all Naraku and plans to destroy him, mainly.

Inuyasha stayed with her when Kagome when to Azusa because Kagome suggested it. Plus, Kikyou was on the verge of dying; and it was a life or death situation for Kikyou. She needed to be protected from the webs, or Naraku was going to get his hands on her. So, it was time to really put our foots forward save Kikyou. Too bad it was too late.
The kiss at the end was merely a goodbye kiss. A kiss to seal off everything they had been through together, as two people who shared the fate once. The emotions were high, and everyone was feeling sorry for her. The moment was way too powerful for Rumiko to just let an embrace be enough — and even Kagome knew that one. Kagome knew it was nothing else but a goodbye kiss. He simply said he was sorry he couldn’t PROTECT Kikyou. Not that he couldn’t be in love with her. He had 300 chapters to CHOOSE Kikyou and travel with her to protect her. But, why didn’t he? Because he was with Kagome and was in love with Kagome.

The Kaou incident was different. Kaou was using the guilt Inuyasha still felt from Kikyou’s death to control him. “The woman you love the most” was a trick to really try and steal his soul. He was having hallucinations of Kikyou in the afterlife because of the spell; but who broke him from the spell? Kagome. And, it was because of Kagome that Kaou didn’t devour him completely. Inuyasha realized a lot after that meeting — and never again would the guilt of not saving Kikyou from Naraku’s grasp inhabit within him. He was finally over it, thanks to Kagome. And, Rumiko NEEDED that arc to finally wrap it up. Because it wouldn’t make sense to just “have Inuyasa get over her death” so easily. She didn’t die of illness. She died at Naraku’s hand. AGAIN. And, he needed time to get over that again.

So, there you have it, folks. Cold, hard concrete proof that Kagome was just not Inuyasha’s second choice. I would love to discuss with anyone if they think they disagree with me. Just make sure to provide that hard evidence that is CANON from the manga. Otherwise it’s null and void.

Also, this was just an analysis to prove that Kagome just wasn’t second best. If you REALLY want to know how Inuyasha and Kagome’s relationship was LEGIT then just read this (http://inuyasha.tumblr.com/post/28735533965/could-you-possibly-explain-at-least-in-your-opinion) post I made the other day where I explain how beautiful and important their relationship is to one another and how Kagome literally saved Inuyasha. After you read that, you won’t think twice if Inuyasha loved Kikyou because it will be obvious that Kagome was the one for him."

meganpu
02-28-2013, 10:31 PM
kagome (http://www.bonhoo.com/cosplay-costumes-inuyasha-cosplay_c182.html), of course. Kagome is brave and easy-going,and know how to compromise herself when she falls in love with inuyasha.

meganpu
03-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Kagome of course. I think kikyo has too many things to consider so her life is too hard

kagome122885
12-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Kagome, for her bravery in dangerous situations, especially ones where she gets eaten!

Inside the belly of the Priestess Sealer in episode 98.

Running through digestive juices to embrace InuYasha to purify the jewel shard, standing her ground as her feet get burned by the digestive juices in episode 167.

marycosplay
08-21-2014, 09:59 PM
Rin, if I can choose her, who speaks a lot after being saved by Sesshomaru.

kristaok
11-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Kagome.