PDA

View Full Version : New To This Forum, Wanted Critique On My Skills

Illusionarts22
01-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi, first off I've checked out alot of the wallpapers hosted here and I have to admit I like alot of them.
Im a full time graphic artist so my experience with photoshop is relatively skilled. Its been a slow month here at work so Ive been doing various wallpapers for fun and some training. Here is a Magna Carta wall I did. Its sized to 1024 x 768 pixels. Any input would be gladly taking into consideration. Thnx -James

acamori
01-28-2004, 03:23 PM
the only thing i can see wrong with it, is that the extraction still needsd a littlw work, mainly in the hair and sword (where there's sharp angles). other than that, it looks good.

wizz-o-matic
01-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Not bad at all!

Ok, the bg seems a bit distracting the way it is, try to hue it monotone (try with dark blue)!
The char is a bit jagged and also u should redo the extraction at some places (his hair, sword).
And also the logo is a bit low quality, maybe try to retouch it or find a better one.

Other than that, I like the concept and preaty good effect that u used with the logo.

Gjallarhorn
01-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Really good, but like acamori said, it needs work ont he extraction arounf the mair and sword

(i think wizzard is obsessed with blue monotones)

Illusionarts22
01-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Something more like this?

Illusionarts22
01-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Something more like this?
Also it took me forever to find a slightly good MC logo the best i could find was a black and white small logo online, what i ended up doing was defining a custum brush after cleaning it up as much as i could and spraying it on a new layer then adding the effects. I tried to satisfy ur blue request as well. I have a few other wallpapers Ill post at a later date since its almost 5 and quitting time. James

wizz-o-matic
01-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Did u acidently duplicated the post? Cuz I don't see the diference between the last 2 wp.

Ok, better with the bg (now the focus is on the char). Maybe just lighten it a bit.
There are sil some parts that need to be cut of (his hair and upper part of the sword).

Illusionarts22
01-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Im sry about the accidental double post. And I just noticed the white in word and hair... mac at work is like 7 years old and really bad monitor hehe Ill snip those glitches out tommorrow and rush out a new version :) thnx for pointing those out, my lil brother noticed it imediatley also. I think sometimes you stare at an image your working on so long you fail to notice lil things b/c you're concentrating on the whole image fitting together coherently. So outside input really helps.

Also check out the new wall lemme know what u think

onslaught2029
01-28-2004, 04:28 PM
If i may suggest, the brushes that have blurred edges don't work well on extractions. I don't know if thats why the edges on the sword and the shoulder pads look blurred or now, but its just something i've found out while doing walls.

EternalBlue
01-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Using a pen would help in those tight spots on the extractions, try that out :)

Kelvin Wenas
01-28-2004, 04:52 PM
and needs some recuts

MistressPookyChan
01-28-2004, 04:53 PM
I agree with what was already said. Something is going on with the shoulder and the blade. Perhaps you can just erase the white part outside of the outline? Other than that, it looks very nice. I especially like the lower bar with the title.

welcome to the forums, by the way!

Illusionarts22
01-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Ive cleaned up the problem areas and adjusted color levels. This is gonna have to be the last version lol I accidentally saved my flattened psd ahhhhhhh. oh well lemme know what u think.

wizz-o-matic
01-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Yep, now I realy like it.
Maybe it's stil a bit jagged (the char) try to use a blur tool and blur a bit his edges.

PS. And also add your signature at the bottom of the wp (so nobody can steal it :D )

akachan
01-29-2004, 08:59 AM
hey guys why you arrive here when I have to left? :^_^:
anyway it's a very good yob,expecially the text.for the bg:maybe a less saturate blue would help, but it's a very good work ;)

Illusionarts22
01-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Thnx for the positive responses :D and since I do the walls for fun steal away hehe I dun mind. j/k Sigs will be added from now on hehe I just dont trust any of you guys ... hackers all of ya. :P

EternalBlue
01-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Haha we're not hackerz *shifty eyes* lol great job on the second version. Its a lot better ^^

nfok3
01-29-2004, 09:45 AM
hackers? I'm insulted.... ^^ Great job on the wall... Those Magna Carta images are killer. Might wanna smooth over his shoulder protector thing though. Looks kinda choppy

asher_aj_wei
01-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Don't know if you still want comments on your wall but here's mine anyway
The wall is nice but the main character needs work. He looks pretty jaggy on certain areas like his hair and right side of his body. Also, there needs to be more extraction work done, I see whites in a couple of areas - namely, side of body