PDA

View Full Version : *SPIOLERS* Lelouch in the ending

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-06-2009, 10:30 PM
EDIT *looks at subject and shakes head.* Damn...

Warning, this is LONG!!
Here's the story, I looked up Code Geass, and all these annoying, "LELOUCH IS ALIVE!!1!!" Boards/blogs came up. I decided to post one about Lelouch being dead.
I'll start by posting some reasons why I believe this is true.
1.) The ending was fine and full of meaning. Why destroy that by making him come back. Then it means nothing.
2.) The creators said he was dead.

3.) On the subject of him getting Charles's code, I doubt it. It makes since you can only get the code from someone who formed a contract with you. Otherwise, the one with the code would not stay with the person, CC could have stayed in the Order with all their Geass users and gotten rid of the code.

4.) The subject of Nunnally seeing Lelouch's memories. I doubt it. That was symbolic. It was a way for the viewer to know that she knew. Other than that, it's shone several times that she can tell when people lie from touch.

5.) That Lelouch's geass stayed in effect. By that logic, death and code would be the same. When one dies, their soul goes to Heaven(or hell), or nothing if you believe that. Thus, it would get rid of the person's geass, and it's effect. The reasoning behind this is Nunnally breaking Charles's geass. There are holes in that. Milly and Rivalz never remembered, and Anya's Geass effect had to be canceled. People often used Marianne's geass to combat that, but it makes since her geass effect would be gone. Since God killed her, she consciousness would be gone.
Technically, getting the Code would result in the same result as death since the user loses their Geass.

6.) Jeremiah's reaction to Lelouch's death. I imagine that someone of true loyalty would be happy to see their master's dream realized.

7.) CC's crane. I believe that she was the one who folded that it hopes her wish to be with Lelouch again would be fulfilled.
or it was symbolic to Lelouch's wish being fulfilled.

8.) CC speaking to Lelouch at the end. I believe she was talking to him in C's world, or being sentimental. You see it alot in fiction.

9.) I doubt Lelouch would want to spend a great deal of him life in hiding. He already lived that life, and it sucked! I think anyone would recognize him, he was emperor of the world after all.

10.) Sayoko dying in his place. Sayoko is in the prison cell at the end, no dice.

Now if I missed anything, please let me know.

kimi no kioku
12-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Lol, take a chill pill. :)

Tiara79
12-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Hahaha, relax man. If Lelouch is alive, then there's nothing good about this anime...imho, though. I was surprised by the ending, but that's actually the good drama part of the anime. Never thought that it will end like that...even though I already know that they are doing Zero Requiem operation.:banghead:

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Hahaha, relax man. If Lelouch is alive, then there's nothing good about this anime...imho, though. I was surprised by the ending, but that's actually the good drama part of the anime. Never thought that it will end like that...even though I already know that they are doing Zero Requiem operation.:banghead:

Okay... I'm calm now.. *Deep breath*
Same here. I already knew he died, just not how it happened, lol. Stupid Gaia, they always spoil everything.

violinrocker
12-22-2009, 08:56 PM
wonder what will happen in R3

Wicked Eden
12-22-2009, 11:08 PM
wonder what will happen in R3

Fanservice, probably. And that will be it.
Y'know, like a large portion of R2?

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Probably fanservice. Lots of resurrections. It could even be more rushed than R2! Wait, that's impossible.

TSoul
12-25-2009, 07:19 PM
how many episodes / seasons does code geass contain, i remember getting past the first season when lelouch forgets everything ect...but i got tired of the repetition of the plot.. i mean he forgets and then when he remembers everything starts over, idk i just gave up on the series, however i have been thinking of getting back into it, so how do the seasons / episodes ..r1 r2, (dont know wha that means) work?

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-26-2009, 09:09 AM
how many episodes / seasons does code geass contain, i remember getting past the first season when lelouch forgets everything ect...but i got tired of the repetition of the plot.. i mean he forgets and then when he remembers everything starts over, idk i just gave up on the series, however i have been thinking of getting back into it, so how do the seasons / episodes ..r1 r2, (dont know wha that means) work?

There are two seasons. Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion and then Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2. They both contain 25 episodes.
I'll give you some advice for R2, don't quit the show like I did on episode 9. The China arc totally sucks, but it only lasts until episode 11. I had to get spoiled for a later episode to revive my interest.

KamiKenpachi
12-27-2009, 12:15 AM
I am divided on this topic. Logic tells me he is dead, and logic tellsme he is alive.
For all of your reasons he is dead.
Here are reasons why he could become jesus and rise again.
Sunrise like to play god and lelouch paid for everybodies sin so like jesus he should rise again. Lelouch is the jesus of sunrise.
Even thoug the creator said he was dead the history of anime says different. ( looks at Dragon ball.... wait there was never suppose to be a Z and GT! )
If it makes money it ets milked and bringing lelouch bback jesus style might do that.

So yaaaa..... he is most likely dead but I would not ever bet on it. I would be a fool to bet against the power of money.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I am divided on this topic. Logic tells me he is dead, and logic tellsme he is alive.
For all of your reasons he is dead.
Here are reasons why he could become jesus and rise again.
Sunrise like to play god and lelouch paid for everybodies sin so like jesus he should rise again. Lelouch is the jesus of sunrise.
Even thoug the creator said he was dead the history of anime says different. ( looks at Dragon ball.... wait there was never suppose to be a Z and GT! )
If it makes money it ets milked and bringing lelouch bback jesus style might do that.

So yaaaa..... he is most likely dead but I would not ever bet on it. I would be a fool to bet against the power of money.

True. But I have a feeling Code Geass is going to be like Gundam. Lelouch isn't going to make another appearance.

.Tatty.
12-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Who What How When Why!?

Lelouch means nothing to me yet i'm so hurt and shocked by this thread!!! Maybe because there was a a spoiler tag on the thread title.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Who What How When Why!?

Lelouch means nothing to me yet i'm so hurt and shocked by this thread!!! Maybe because there was a a spoiler tag on the thread title.

Hm? You don't like Lelouch? Do you want me to tell you how he dies?

Angeliclayerfan
12-27-2009, 10:33 PM
As much as I dont like the fact that he is, I just have to accept it. Also he gave his life to bring world peace and a world for his sister to live happily in. He didnt say he'd be there to see it.
He may be dead to the writers and artists but to the fans he's alive :D

KamiKenpachi
12-27-2009, 11:18 PM
True. But I have a feeling Code Geass is going to be like Gundam. Lelouch isn't going to make another appearance.
Maybe but part of me doubts it. They are trying so hard to stick with some of the same charaters in the spin offs so they wil run out unless a R3 came. ( god no. ) Gundam is different, it is pure mecha. ( oh and story lines and fan base. )

kimi no kioku
12-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Maybe but part of me doubts it. They are trying so hard to stick with some of the same charaters in the spin offs so they wil run out unless a R3 came. ( god no. ) Gundam is different, it is pure mecha. ( oh and story lines and fan base. )

Let's hope they don't do that...

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-28-2009, 09:50 PM

I've watch Gundam 00 and it's not that different. Not to mention, they couldn't pull it off when all the good characters in Code Geass are dead or their stories are finished.

Let me word this differently. It's more like .Hack. The first .Hack series is about a boy who can't log out of the online came The World. He can feel pain inside it and has no memory of before he existed in the game. He meets a group of people who befriend him and he obtains The Guardian, granting his the special skill Data Drain. He also can see the little girl, or Aura, floating above a bed.

The second thing is .Hack the game series, which have four games that directly follow after the previous one. The game is about a boy named Kite who logs onto The World with his friend Orca. In almost no time, Orca is attacked by a strange monster and put into a coma. Kite receives the Bracelet from Aura, which let's him use Data Drain.

The manga is about Shugo and Rena, twins who receive characters that look like Kite and Blackrose(female lead of the game) and he also gets the Bracelet from Aura, but it's for a completely different reason.

There is another anime I didn't like.

Then There's GU, another game. It's about how Haseo, a boy who's girlfriend(almost) goes into a coma and he figures out he has an Avatar, which allows you to use Data Drain.

I have a feeling that it will be like that. All of them are different except they all have Aura(CC) and Data Drain(Geass)

KamiKenpachi
12-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Still waiting the the bleach/Geass mix.
Lelouchs Bankai!......... Scatter spinbonzakura......... kageyoshi......
Money makes anything possiable.

Chris Hanson: Bankai! Sit them down! Dateline NBC!

bad joke.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Still waiting the the bleach/Geass mix.
Lelouchs Bankai!......... Scatter spinbonzakura......... kageyoshi......
Money makes anything possiable.

Chris Hanson: Bankai! Sit them down! Dateline NBC!

bad joke.

But still, I doubt an R3. Maybe another spin off or something. But not a full blown sequel. As for the Bleach thing, that would suck. Lelouch can't even fight. Now a Gundam00/Code Geass anime... That would be tempting.

KamiKenpachi
12-29-2009, 11:37 AM
But still, I doubt an R3. Maybe another spin off or something. But not a full blown sequel. As for the Bleach thing, that would suck. Lelouch can't even fight. Now a Gundam00/Code Geass anime... That would be tempting.
Lelouch can't fight? Where did you get that idea? If I remember right he has gotten into things worse than a fight a war and still won. A fight would be easy........ then he has bankai too.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Lelouch can't fight? Where did you get that idea? If I remember right he has gotten into things worse than a fight a war and still won. A fight would be easy........ then he has bankai too.

But still. He's terrible at anything physical. He fights with his mind. Bankai or not, he's useless. :P

lila123
12-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Well just some news he might or might not be alive because in 2010 there will be more information announced about a new code geass project, it is official search it up anywhere it was on the bandai mobile site for some time as well also some other websites have this info as well just making it official.....

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Well just some news he might or might not be alive because in 2010 there will be more information announced about a new code geass project, it is official search it up anywhere it was on the bandai mobile site for some time as well also some other websites have this info as well just making it official.....

That takes place before Code Geass. It is a completely new story. Or so I've heard.

Nightixu@hotmail.com
12-31-2009, 07:24 AM
lelouch is alive and there are many facts to prove it but i'm lazy to list them all down. But the biggest indication is in the end of code geass when she said "the power of kings geass brings one solitude, not quite accurate right lelouch?" and looks up almost as if speaking to the guy driving the cart who covers himself excessively as if trying to hide his identity. I accept ur points and it does sound reasonable however there are too many points to give evidence to the fact that lelouch isnt dead

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-31-2009, 12:49 PM
lelouch is alive and there are many facts to prove it but i'm lazy to list them all down. But the biggest indication is in the end of code geass when she said "the power of kings geass brings one solitude, not quite accurate right lelouch?" and looks up almost as if speaking to the guy driving the cart who covers himself excessively as if trying to hide his identity. I accept ur points and it does sound reasonable however there are too many points to give evidence to the fact that lelouch isnt dead

I combated that as well. I believe there are more points to him being dead than alive. However, as unlikely as it is, he could be alive so I accept your opinion. I just think there is more proof to him being dead.

Nightixu@hotmail.com
01-02-2010, 11:50 AM
In any case, whether lelouch is dead or alive, Code Geass remains one of my favorite anime because of its mature plot and intriguing storylines and most of all, a unique protagonist. Lelouch is very mercurial and you never truly know if he's evil or good. Its that complexity in his character and the way it affects the story that makes Code Geass so damn good. He's like a misunderstood teenager but without the whining and tantrums and he conquers the world. Haha.

And i accept you too Rolo for you have my face and my eyes but you are not me. It's like....looking into a mirror...except not....