PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass: 2010 Project

Shinn Kamiyra
12-05-2009, 12:35 AM
As it has been hinted and suggested through much of this past year, it has just been announced that there will be a continuation of Code Geass come 2010. Thoughts and opinions everyone?

Official Link: Code Geass (http://animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-04/new-code-geass-project-launch-revealed)

Sr Machinehead
12-05-2009, 02:48 AM
well i guess it would be possible. but i always figured that it would have something to do with lelouch not dying. i mean theirs a giant plothole thats asking to be filled at the end of R2.

Gjallarhorn
12-05-2009, 03:26 AM
"Sunrise did not indicate the format that any hypothetical future plans might take."

It's just going to be more milking of the cash-cow. At this point, anything that comes from the CG universe is, no matter how canon, just Sunrise trying to squeeze money out of their prior success while the industry is in drastic decline.

It would also kill off the idea which R2 ended on. That being Lelouch's death signified lasting world peace. If Lelouch is alive then the symbolism doesn't work, and the ending of R2 is moot. If they continue with a new "Zero" and Lelouch is dead then they are contradicting the "lasting world peace" that was established.

Either way, they've got themselves a plothole.

Sr Machinehead
12-05-2009, 04:03 AM
yeah but they can do something like say suzaku gives up his position and the peace ends. so lelouch takes back the position trying not to be seen or something along those lines.

Gjallarhorn
12-05-2009, 04:04 AM
yeah but they can do something like say suzaku gives up his position and the peace ends. so lelouch takes back the position trying not to be seen or something along those lines.

The directors confirmed many, many times in interviews after R2 that Lelouch is, in fact, dead.

Sr Machinehead
12-05-2009, 04:10 AM
well then lets just say some other person who is trying to fill the very large shoes of zero. i mean ive seen crazier stuff happen in anime. or it could just be a reboot or at the very worst a adaption of the manga. you know the one.

Ramirez
12-05-2009, 09:45 AM
That would be insulting... There is enough ongoing animes as is. And if the series did do that, it would slowly lose popularity as mediocre. Code Geass should never be considered Mediocre.

I wouldn't mind a OVA as much as would if they made a series all together. They wrapped it up nicely, in my opinion. Though there was that plothole. (Maybe they tried viewers to think about it, not trying to make a plothole, but it ended up as that, IMO).

I think it would just create baggage and inflexible character builds if they decided to re-use characters. New characters would "Kill the Feel", Which I hate.

I'm hoping it doesn't happen. I'm just content with Martyrs, not continuious strains of a virus' called 'franchise'

Sr Machinehead
12-05-2009, 03:09 PM
well im not saying its a good idea which its not. but just which route the story would take if this project does happen. i mean what could they actually add theirs only some things not answered and i like the way that they still killed off lelouch. and lets just say that maybe they make a movie what would it be about?

Diocletian
12-05-2009, 03:36 PM
I absolutely hate Sunrise. All they care about is money and not making a good product. I think with this they went below Gonzo. At least Gonzo knows when to stop an anime. Good luck getting me to buy Gundam Unicorn, since there's probably going to be 4 movies summarizing the damn anime.

Sr Machinehead
12-05-2009, 04:01 PM
well they are a company but i just want to see how they pull this out of its grave. i mean what plothole are they gonna use? code geass just isnt code geass without lelouch.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-06-2009, 07:33 PM
God, don't let it be true!!!!

Negi
12-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I personally hope that it doesn't continue.
It ended perfectly.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I personally hope that it doesn't continue.
It ended perfectly.

Amen! You said what I thought.
Nice quote on your sig BTW.

Sr Machinehead
12-07-2009, 12:53 AM
well i do agree that it was a great ending and should stay that way. i also think that no show like this should ever go past two seasons/series. it just starts to get old just imagine if this show got anywhere near the the amount of series of gundam, macross, or any other mecha series.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-09-2009, 10:28 AM

Yeah, but that would be boring. I loved the school parts in CG, otherwise it would be just like all the other military shows....

Sr Machinehead
12-09-2009, 08:48 PM
well if they continue it just might become another one of those military shows. sure it wont be good but these shows are not made to last a lot of seasons anyways.

Viral_
12-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I can not wait!
Anyway, I can't figure that Lelouch is alive. I mean...it's more likely a prequel or a sequel without lelouch.

The Rebel
12-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I just want to know who was in the back of the cart C2 was driving in the end of R2?????

Gjallarhorn
12-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I just want to know who was in the back of the cart C2 was driving in the end of R2?????

There was no one in the back. There was a random guy driving it, and CC laying on top of the stack of hay in the cart.

OtakuInu!!!
12-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Maybe it's about Suzaku being Zero. I'm not sure. I don't wanna read the article.

Shinn Kamiyra
12-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Maybe it's about Suzaku being Zero. I'm not sure. I don't wanna read the article.

No worries. Spoilers aside, I can assure you that the new project doesn't have anything to do with Lelouch or Suzaku. As a matter of fact, the project itself is set in an entirely different time period.

Sr Machinehead
12-11-2009, 11:29 PM
ugh that just helps my idea. at this rate well end up with another g gundam. something that was only connected to the source through the name gundam. what made code geass a good anime for me was that they carefully set up the events so that they actually ended the series while they were ahead with a good closing.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-12-2009, 12:53 PM
No worries. Spoilers aside, I can assure you that the new project doesn't have anything to do with Lelouch or Suzaku. As a matter of fact, the project itself is set in an entirely different time period.

I doubt this is accurate. At least link me to where to got that information.

Shinn Kamiyra
12-16-2009, 11:00 PM
I doubt this is accurate. At least link me to where to got that information.

Certainly. My apologies for not giving it to you earlier.

Code Geass Project (http://animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-07/code-geass/shikkoku-no-renya-manga-to-launch-in-2010)

Also, I need to make a small adjustment to what I said earlier. According to the information that this link provides, I still stand by what I said in that I don't think this new project has anything to do with Lelouch or Suzaku directly; however, it's possible that they'll play an indirect role so to speak. You'll probably see what I mean. In any case, the specifics haven't yet been released; so it's probably too soon to tell.

Gjallarhorn
12-16-2009, 11:25 PM
The story takes place in the same official Code Geass history as the anime, but in a different era. The title character, Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice. The story begins when Renya encounters a mysterious, perpetually young witch named "Reifū C.C." C.C. has appeared in Japan's historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant.

This is going to suck hard.

Ec[lips]e
12-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm so starved for more CC, lulu and Code Geass in general that part of me wants to be ecstatic over this news but most of me is just dreading it. Like many of you have said, this anime was awesome as-is and it had a fantastic ending, with closure and opportunity for fans to specualte.

Another thing about the way they're bringing it back, is it's in manga form. I know many people prefer manga to anime, but one of the things about Code Geass that really impressed me was how absolutely beautiful the animation was and how awesomely the music was written. Now it's going to be black and white still frames on a page. Definite step down imo.

I'm sure part of me will love seeing some of the characters again in a familiar setting, but I guess I'll just have to wait and find out in 2010.

Gjallarhorn
12-17-2009, 01:26 AM
e;2362076']I'm so starved for more CC, lulu and Code Geass in general that part of me wants to be ecstatic over this news but most of me is just dreading it. Like many of you have said, this anime was awesome as-is and it had a fantastic ending, with closure and opportunity for fans to specualte.

Another thing about the way they're bringing it back, is it's in manga form. I know many people prefer manga to anime, but one of the things about Code Geass that really impressed me was how absolutely beautiful the animation was and how awesomely the music was written. Now it's going to be black and white still frames on a page. Definite step down imo.

I'm sure part of me will love seeing some of the characters again in a familiar setting, but I guess I'll just have to wait and find out in 2010.

Lelouch isn't going to be in it, just someone called Reifu C.C. This can't be the C.C. we know, because as we saw, she got her covenant in what appeared to be the late-18th-or-early-19th century Europe. This new project is taking place during the Japanese Edo period, so it is half the world away, and at least half-a-century earlier. They could have it be C.C., but that creates a huge plot hole...not that the kid having a mechanical arm in the Edo period isn't a plot hole enough...

There should have been no speculation at the end. But dumb fans being dumb fans, the directors actually had to tell people in interviews that Lelouch died before people started to believe them.

And people usually prefer manga to anime when the anime is based on a manga. Anime-to-manga is usually far worse than manga-to-anime is.

Ec[lips]e
12-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Lelouch isn't going to be in it, just someone called Reifu C.C. This can't be the C.C. we know, because as we saw, she got her covenant in what appeared to be the late-18th-or-early-19th century Europe. This new project is taking place during the Japanese Edo period, so it is half the world away, and at least half-a-century earlier. They could have it be C.C., but that creates a huge plot hole...not that the kid having a mechanical arm in the Edo period isn't a plot hole enough...

There should have been no speculation at the end. But dumb fans being dumb fans, the directors actually had to tell people in interviews that Lelouch died before people started to believe them.

And people usually prefer manga to anime when the anime is based on a manga. Anime-to-manga is usually far worse than manga-to-anime is.

I understand that the time period is different and that lulu might not actually be in it, but this "dumb" fan can still hope. ;x Like I said initially anyway, I'm really not THAT excited about it because I highly doubt this new project will be able to hold a candle to the original animated series.

To lulu's death, some people really need to take a chill pill. Let fans speculate if they wish. I thought it was pretty brilliant of Sunrise to leave that little bit of doubt there so fans had something to debate and inspire fan made art/writing etc. I agree that if lulu didn't really die, it definitely diminishes the symbolism and meaning behind what he accomplished at the end, but some fans just can't appreciate that kind of ending the way it's meant to be. It would appear that some fans can't tolerate differences of ideas or opinions either though. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/sweetkates11/amon.png

I also know about peoples' common preference regarding anime to manga vice versa. I am not everybody. I have my own preferences, likes and dislikes. I was merely stating my own opinion. ;D

kimi no kioku
12-17-2009, 11:16 AM

Where do you guys find this info?
Anyway, I think CC got her geass in the 1300s, because of the way she looked. Plus, that was a big time for slaves.

Needless to say, I'm not going to watch it if what you said was true.

Shinn Kamiyra
12-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Where do you guys find this info?
Anyway, I think CC got her geass in the 1300s, because of the way she looked. Plus, that was a big time for slaves.

Needless to say, I'm not going to watch it if what you said was true.

Check out www.animenewsnetwork.com (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com) from time to time. They have all the latest updates on anime and manga-related info.

Anyway, like a lot of people have already said; it doesn't look this new project is shaping up to much based on what we've read. Oh well, mayhaps it's better that way.

Sr Machinehead
12-17-2009, 01:38 PM
well it is a manga of code geass. I've never really had to high hopes for the manga versions of code geass anyways but this story is just ridiculous.

Lehvorak
12-18-2009, 11:15 AM
It would be interesting to see, but I just have to see for myself :P

Wicked Eden
12-22-2009, 10:17 PM
This is going to suck hard.

Harder than a $600 hooker.

Worst. Plot. Ever.

Gjallarhorn
12-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Some promotional art has been released.

Problems:

1. CC plothole. She got her covenant in early 19th century Europe...what's she doing in 16-18th century Japan?

2. Why does a kid it 16-18th century Japan have a robotic arm?

3. The main character and the obviously-an-antagonist guy in the background booth look exactly like Lelouch...the protagonist looks a bit like Suzaku as well.

http://i46.tinypic.com/246o19l.png

Wicked Eden
12-22-2009, 10:33 PM
That looks like fan art. I say it's a hoax.

Gjallarhorn
12-22-2009, 10:43 PM
That looks like fan art. I say it's a hoax.

It was published in Newtype magazine, I'm pretty damn sure that makes it official.

It's going to be a manga, not a television show, and every manga artist has their own style. There's no way for someone to perfectly mimic the art style of another, though that is clearly what he is aiming to do. You can't except the art style to be the same as that used in the anime.

kimi no kioku
12-23-2009, 06:55 AM
It was published in Newtype magazine, I'm pretty damn sure that makes it official.

It's going to be a manga, not a television show, and every manga artist has their own style. There's no way for someone to perfectly mimic the art style of another, though that is clearly what he is aiming to do. You can't except the art style to be the same as that used in the anime.

A manga... Good, then it's not really canon... Hopefully...

Gjallarhorn
12-23-2009, 06:56 AM
A manga... Good, then it's not really canon...

It is canon, because it's being written by the original Gode Geass writer.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-23-2009, 07:01 AM
It is canon, because it's being written by the original Gode Geass writer.

Well that sucks. It's terrible and sounds like an FMA rip off.

EDIT: Wow on the picture, look at the guy's arm... Ouch...

Gjallarhorn
12-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Well that sucks. It's terrible and sounds like an FMA rip off.

EDIT: Wow on the picture, look at the guy's arm... Ouch...

Terrible yes, but the only similarity between this and Fullmetal Alchemist is that the kid has a metal arm...which is not original in manga or anime by any means.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Terrible yes, but the only similarity between this and Fullmetal Alchemist is that the kid has a metal arm...which is not original in manga or anime by any means.

Not to mention the Lelouch guy is dressed exactly like Rolo from Nightmare of Nunnally!

Wicked Eden
12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Not necessarily. Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children and it was written by the original writers. At least I think it was...

Raiden17
01-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I think that this is either going to be an excuse to be more awesome because they'll have all the same characters in a kickass time period. Or they'll have new characters, it'll be a massive disappointment and then it shouldn't really be called Code Geass.

I'm hoping it's the former and they just missed the CG characters as much as the fans, so in order to not ruin what they already did they set it in a different era. But hopefully it'll just be a super-cool romp with the ancestors of all the main characters who are suspiciously identical looking to their modern counterparts

Gjallarhorn
01-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I think that this is either going to be an excuse to be more awesome because they'll have all the same characters in a kickass time period. Or they'll have new characters, it'll be a massive disappointment and then it shouldn't really be called Code Geass

The first one would be retarded. It would make no sense within the timeline, and it would only serve to degrade the original series. It would not only be Sunrise cashing in on their cash-cow, but it would also be a horrendous way of just selling out. Let's leave those sort of crappy tales to fanfiction writers.

The second option would actually make sense, and could provide support and background for the original series. This is what it looks like they are doing, and it would be a great idea, if only they didn't so intently try to recreate the original series in such a manner that it will inevitably be bland and full of plot holes.

Rolo Vi Britannia
01-03-2010, 08:16 PM
@Gjallarhorn
Dude, calm down a little. You're being pretty rude on here. No offense.

Raiden17
01-06-2010, 08:41 AM
@Gjallarhorn
Dude, calm down a little. You're being pretty rude on here. No offense.

agreed. but I'm not gonna get all defensive.

Suffice to say that I actually see some promising Fanfics out there, written badly but with interesting concepts. And it wouldn't hurt the overall artistic community for once to not be snobbish about the average fan's ideas, and see that while they don't have the skill to properly employ them, the ideas they have can actually be quite interesting. I have enough faith in the professionals at Sunrise to be able to take an idea like that from these fanfics (and the idea i put forward which was in fact stolen from another fansite) and implement them properly and professionally so that it's actually interesting. Besides, surely it doesn't matter if the new stuff was lame, because Code Geass rocked. It ended, so anything else you get is a bonus. That's why I think it'd be a perfect opportunity to experminet with a bit of clean fanservice like that suggested above and see if there's any merit in it. If there's not then fine, the experiment failed, but it doesn't detract from Code Geass cos it's in a different storyline.
Let's not become like the Zelda Fandom and factionise ouselves by what timeline we believe if they do finally get round to making this thing anyway.

Rolo Vi Britannia
01-06-2010, 02:17 PM
I just heard they're making a new anime as well.

Kamen Rider V3 Blue
01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Not necessarily. Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children and it was written by the original writers. At least I think it was...

Advent Children is canon besides it wasn't THAT bad it's not like they brought Aerith back to life...