PDA

View Full Version : .hack Wallpaper

Gjallarhorn
01-26-2004, 10:10 PM
:( another wallpaper i need help on...... v.v

im working on the first one that was here.

ok...this is another one i made using the same picture of tsukasa

Luthor
01-26-2004, 10:16 PM
the only major problem i see with it right now is that black outline...
unless its just me
otherwise i like it...
that text is just weird :D

Gjallarhorn
01-26-2004, 10:18 PM
:) good. its supposed to be weird
lol, thats the first positive comment ive ever got

Ashe
01-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Whoa there killer. I'll review for you.

The black outline on the left and top shouldn't be there. It doesn't really help the wallpaper any. The text is weird, but I see that is what you were going for so that's good. Isn't the text a quote from one of the songs? Maybe, maybe not.

The two characters are a little jagged around the edges (especially Subaru's hair). Try those out and see what happens. Cool idea. :^_^:

EternalBlue
01-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Lol what a weird poll. Some peopl just like to come in and see ^^

I agree with Luthor. The black outline on the top and the left shouldn't be there. The text looks weird, but I guess you wanted it that way ^^. You could try to blur the main char a bit, its a little bit pixely. Other than that good wall ^^

akachan
01-27-2004, 02:42 AM
dark, you&#39;re going better from the last time( :^_^: :<_<: ehm, you shouldn&#39;t scream so loud :) )
back to the wall:the right part of the image is really good.
For the left part:the girl seems to have the same importance of the boy.if you don&#39;t want to give this effect, but you would make the effect"boy-is-thinking-about-the-girl" just blend her in a different type of layer(for example:not normal 50% of opacity but overlay 100%try some different types of blending).
I like the bg.
I hope you take this like a constructive opinion, this is why I wrote.

wizz-o-matic
01-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Actualy I agree with akachan. Now I realy don&#39;t know where is the focus of the wp. I sugest to do what akachan sugested or to remove the left pic.

Keep trying.

asher_aj_wei
01-27-2004, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by DarkTwilight@Jan 27 2004, 11:10 AM
update:-.- 12 ppl have come in. 1 suggestion. *points* U ALL SUCK&#33;&#33;&#33;

another update: IF UR GUNNA LOOK AT IT, AT LEAST GIVE ME A REVIEW&#33; :angry: :<_<:
Dude, it&#39;s 12 VIEWS, not 12 HITS. When you check in to see your post, you add 1 to the 12. So~ Yeah.
And don&#39;t get ticked =&#092; It&#39;s up to people to review your wall.

Kelvin Wenas
01-27-2004, 05:10 AM
"update:-.- 12 ppl have come in. 1 suggestion. *points* U ALL SUCK&#33;&#33;&#33;

another update: IF UR GUNNA LOOK AT IT, AT LEAST GIVE ME A REVIEW&#33;"

only 12 times viewed and only 1 suggestion and you still mad at it?
now see this "Replies 61, Views 3900", "Author Morrigana, Replies 3, Views 70"
and she dont even complain about that

is it better, to see 15 ppl have come in, 12 replies, 11 of them are flames? sometimes people needs some times to think about what he/she is going to reply.

so lets review your wallpaper

1) i think Tsukasa and the girl needs some recuts

2) the other image needs to be more transparant, or else, so that the main focus is on Tsukasa

3) the text? its not working

4) on the top of the image, and the left side there is a black bar, if you want to hide the wand, better to use the black bar at the bottom, since it will be hidden by the taskbar, and move the image up

MistressPookyChan
01-27-2004, 05:15 AM
pointless polls makes pookies cry.

yelling at people to cretique your wall also isn&#39;t going to make them cretique it any faster and will probably result in you being flamed.

As for the wallpaper; the text isnt working for me. It&#39;s wild, but the rest of the wallpaper isnt. Also, I think the background character would look way cool if she was red-monotone (like the background). Also, what&#39;s up with the black bar on top? As for the rest of it, it&#39;s nice. I like that image on the right.

escaflownemoon
01-27-2004, 08:11 AM
I think the wall is good. I don&#39;t think it&#39;s a good idea to use that kind of text. It just doesn&#39;t fit very well.

EternalBlue
01-27-2004, 08:54 AM
They&#39;re right though. Just because you get veiws doesn&#39;t mean people will reveiw. Besides a 1-12 count is nothing. Mine had 467 veiws and 33 replies, so don&#39;t go around complaining. People will comment when they have time to.

Actually, the text kinda draws my attention away from the main char a bit. You might want to fade it out a bit.

Gjallarhorn
01-27-2004, 02:30 PM
o well. i have anger issues+i get anxious, and dont have a lot of patience.

Gjallarhorn
01-27-2004, 03:59 PM
i made this one using the same pic. of tsukasa in the front

Gjallarhorn
01-27-2004, 05:01 PM
...... *procrastinating on homework*..................

darkparrot
01-27-2004, 07:06 PM
On the first one kill the black border. 2nd tsu kinda looks pixely is there a higher quality pic? The text is kinda weird. On the second one it looks a little bit better, but is there a way you could blend the char and the backgound better?

Morrigana
01-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Yeah, what Kelvin said... B) I figure if people don&#39;t reply, well it&#39;s because they really have nothing to say.

The second wp is better, but I think the texture on Tsukasa doesn&#39;t match the background. If you used a similar filter on it, that would make him sit better there.

Gjallarhorn
01-27-2004, 08:36 PM
ok....this time im not completely finished with it, i just wanna get an idea of what to do next. im thinking of putting some of the song lyrics from the show very transparent in the background

Candy-chan
01-27-2004, 08:38 PM
well first of all, i dont like that filter. but the pict is pretty cool

Gjallarhorn
01-27-2004, 08:42 PM
i like it though. its a combo. of 2 filters....i wanna find out how i did it, i made it like that by accident :P

Candy-chan
01-27-2004, 08:46 PM
lol i know what you mean, i still do that when i wanna give a photoshop-filter-that-looks-important-and-complicated-effect to the backgr

Gjallarhorn
01-27-2004, 09:22 PM
no more reviews? v.v i need a scanner.

demonplight
01-27-2004, 09:36 PM
well like the other comment, I dont like the filter. other than that its ok

Gjallarhorn
01-27-2004, 09:39 PM
:blink: :<_<: :( y does noone like the filter xept for me?

MistressPookyChan
01-27-2004, 09:40 PM
this is the SAME wallpaper that is in the other thread you opened. I&#39;m merging the two.

Gjallarhorn
01-27-2004, 09:42 PM
its not the same. it uses the same pic, but its not the same...its unfinish and i wanted to know what to do next. oh well..dont matter.

im confuzed and too tired to argue :) and like i said "oh well..dont matter."

MistressPookyChan
01-27-2004, 09:51 PM
you started the new paper in the original thread; so you had people cretiquing the same wallpaper in two different threads. That is considered spamming. if you would like to continue to argue about this with me, you can contact me (AIM, chat room, PM, etc).

Morrigana
01-28-2004, 12:18 AM
The filter is not very Tsukasa-esque. It totally doesn&#39;t suit the character, who was angst ridden with a core of strength that only came out at the end. The moonlit background would fit well with him if you could get the two to match.

And I think lyrics from Aura would match the wp the best.

Kelvin Wenas
01-28-2004, 01:15 AM
you said you want to make your wallpaper better, so you ask other people&#39;s opinion

"does noone like the filter xept for me?"

but from what you said, it seems that "I think this effect is good, why do people dont like it." its looks like that you want to stay as it is because you like it, so why do we reply for if you want to stay in your own opinion?

even you dont try to fix the first wallpaper, and try with other wallpaper. why would we reply for if you wont try to fix your wallpaper?

like if you want to sell something that you like, so you stock a lot of that item in your store, but then someone come to go shoppping to your store, and he/she doesnt like your item, and then 80 other people do the same as the first customer, and they dont like your item, what would you do? go with customer&#39;s idea, or keep selling what you like?

wizz-o-matic
01-28-2004, 12:13 PM
One sugestion: try not to use filters or effects on main chars excepte when u are realy shour about it&#33; In moste of the time when u use the filters on the chars, the wp are distracting and not focused&#33;

Maybe try to use that effect on the bg, maybe make it monotone and I would also add some glow to the char (not to much).
Oh, yeah, the "diference clouds" is realy a gret filter, maybe try to play a bit with it, to see it&#39;s charateristics and eventualy aplay it on the bg.