PDA

View Full Version : Would Asuka and Shinji make a good couple? And would it work?

Hypatia
11-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I think that it would have worked out. They seem to sort of like each other.

小美ドクロchan
11-17-2009, 09:36 PM
I dunno....I used to like the ship but now it seems a bit too abusive. D: Or it did....but maybe after the End, (the movie) Asuka matured a bit...The way she stroked Shinji's face was nice. ^^ Anyway they will HAVE to if the human race is to continue. XD

In terms of real love, the best match for Shinji was probably Kaworu. XD *shot* I'd have picked him if he hadn't died. D:

Gjallarhorn
11-17-2009, 09:51 PM
One of the key things in the anime is that, while Shinji and Asuka both like one another, Asuka is too unstable to accept it, and Shinji is too insecure to deal with it. Thus, when they get close to one another, they harm one another. Hence the "Hedgehog's Dilemma".

Apparently they've been reinforcing this in the remake movies.

Kamen Rider V3 Blue
11-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Actually from what I've heard Asuka is ALOT nicer to Shinji.But the films seems to be skewed to Shinji/Rei if there's a pairing in the Rebuild films it's probably them.*but this is EVA so...* as for the question in the orginal EVA verse no they're too unstable to have a relationship

GaijinOtaku
11-21-2009, 09:22 PM
The way she stroked Shinji's face was nice. ^^ Anyway they will HAVE to if the human race is to continue.

Not to sound rude or anything, but in relaity, but the "Adam & Eve" thing isn't really true. I know it's up to the fans' interpretation, but humanity can return to their physical forms at any time, so repopulating isn't neccesary. Besides, it would be impossible.

Anyway, back on topic, a relationship would never work out between them because they're both too messed up to have a steady relationship of any knid with anybody. Shinji would never admit he cares for anybody due to his pranoia of being abandoned, and Asuka's too proud to admit anything first, although I think she might have abandonment issues also.

Lehvorak
11-29-2009, 06:01 PM
I think that it would have worked out. They seem to sort of like each other.

I have to agree. I thought the two match each other really well.

Dragon Ranger
12-05-2009, 10:20 AM
I belive it won't work out