PDA

View Full Version : Da Capo Wp

EternalBlue
01-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Hmm it took me a while to figure out how to do this but anyway, here it is. Tell me whatcha think :^_^:

Candy-StarR
01-21-2004, 11:44 PM
It's nice.... but bland
The main picture is low quality and the cutout looks funny to me - I don't know why
And i've been told before that cloud filters are old and overused... and so are lens flares
Um... and there are some little white bits on some of the cherry blossom petals
But it was a nice try, if you rework the wallpaper it should look better
:)

akachan
01-22-2004, 03:26 AM
I don't know why this anime has an italian title...anyway:it's a nice image, but a little flat. try to add a bg image like trees of cherry, more light for the lens and the sky :) oh, without the black shadow

wizz-o-matic
01-22-2004, 05:04 AM
Yeah, I agree with akachan, if u find some image with cherry trees it would be great.

The chars seems a bit pixelate, try to cleen them a bit (maybe with "smart blur").

And, I don't know if u have noticed, but the chars are a bit cut of at the bottom.

EternalBlue
01-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Yea I've noticed the bottom, the pic came that way, I'll try to fix up the pixies and get some sakura trees, then redo it :D

I have midterms around now though so it may take a while to get another version up...

wizz-o-matic
01-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Maybe u can use this pics.
I made a screenshot of the ending song of Da Capo :D

It stil needs a bit of retouchment :D
http://www.animegalleries.net/displayimage.php?pos=-23361

EternalBlue
01-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Thanx a lot, I'll see what I can do ^^

mmmk how's this, I changed a few things around, and put in the sakura tree background. Should I glow/shadow the Nemu and Sakura or leave them as is?

MistressPookyChan
01-22-2004, 07:22 PM
The characters seem pixilated and washed out; try to fix that up. Once you do that, I would add a slight glow to them to help bring them out of the wallpaper a bit. Same thing with the sakura petals; they are blending into the background a little too much and it's hard to see them.

EternalBlue
01-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Ok how's this? I added glows to the petals/characters and fixed up the pixelate as best I could. The main is 1.5x the original pics size so thats as good as I can get the pixels. Brightened the colours a bit too.

wizz-o-matic
01-23-2004, 01:12 AM
Not bad now, but the chars are stil a bit pixelate. Yeah, I know, it's hard to finde good quality pics :D
And in one way the lens flare in the left top is a bit distracting (in my opinion).

akachan
01-23-2004, 04:49 AM
there's still something wrong...
the lens on the left should be more lighter(almost totally white)because there's a big difference between the trees and the sky(sky is too dark).
there would be a nice effect if you make an effect that gives an idea of ray of lights entering from the leaves of the tree(just use the white brush with a 35% of opacity into a soft light layer).
for the petals:glow glow and blur them, it would add a photo-3d effect
for the chara:smart blur.
I hope this is a good help for you ;) :)
(for the wizzard: I saw we have the same opinions.. :P I have to take the cherry image...is beautiful :^_^: :^_^: )

Kelvin Wenas
01-23-2004, 05:46 AM
Some of Da Capo pictures

Da Capo 1 (http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903/yuntet/Dacapo.jpg)

Da Capo 2 (http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903/yuntet/Dacapo2.jpg)

Da Capo 3 (http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903/yuntet/Dacapo3.jpg)

Da Capo 4 (http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903/yuntet/Dacapo4.jpg)

EternalBlue
01-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Mmmm alright, fixed the flare, blurred/glowed the sakura a bit, and blurred the chars! Any more blur on the chars and their gonna go poof lol ^_~

And thanx a lot for the pics Wizzard and Kelvin. Hehe I could only find these 2, but the quality is pretty good. B)

Kotori (http://www.animegalleries.net/displayimage.php?album=371&pos=2)

Sakura (http://www.animegalleries.net/displayimage.php?album=371&pos=3)

I'll probably try to make a wallpaper from the second pic sometime later on ^^

wizz-o-matic
01-23-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm stil not satisfied with this wp.

Maybe u used to much glow on the petals.
Main char seems a better, but now it's a bit strange.

Can u post here the original pic of the chars, maybe we can help u correct it (or just let me try :D ).

Oh, yeah, I like the font that u used, where did u find it?

Candy-StarR
01-23-2004, 06:33 PM
hmm... something seems strange to me about the wallpaper - i think it's the cut out of the characters, it looks funny
And maybe you shouldn't use such a bright glow on the petals and try a lighter one, like with a baby pink colour or somthing like that

But the wallpaper is looking alot better

EternalBlue
01-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Ok I&#39;ll put up the pic. Yea I don&#39;t think I did the extraction too well -___-; I still gotta work on that hehe, and the image was kinda small, so expanding it made it pretty pixelly. Anyway here&#39;s the pic ^^ Any hints on extracting? I can&#39;t seem to get the little tiny details at all >_<

wizz-o-matic
01-24-2004, 07:52 AM
Ok, I tried as hard as I could&#33;

So, here is the resoult:

Edit: Oh, yeah, u were asking for extraction. The best way to do it is using Filter > Extract (Photoshop).

Edit2: * Link deleted *

EternalBlue
01-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Whoa awesome. Thanx Wizzard ^^. I think I&#39;ll try it with my extraction, but yours is awesome ^^. Thanx a lot for the tips. Ok let&#39;s try this again&#33;

wizz-o-matic
01-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Argh, the chars seems too blurry.

But now I can say that I like the extraction.

Oh, yeah, let me explain how I resized the pic. Visit google.com, find a program called IrfanView and use it for resizing (just select the slowes filter - Lanczos filter).
Resize the image for 400%, go to Effects > Blur and repeat the step onec, twice, three times. Now resize the image to an apropriate size.
Just finish the clean up in Photoshop&#33;

PS. What about the font, where did u finde it.

EternalBlue
01-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Mmmm the font is called Scriptina, but I got it from my friend so I have no clue where to get it.

And about the blurriness, I guess it&#39;s a little much, but if I do any less it&#39;ll look really sharp and weird >_< Anywayz it&#39;s not too blurry from my distance (about 1.5+feet from the screen) Looks just fine from here, but I guess most people are closer ne? lol

K I tried to Sharpen it a little, any more than this and the glows get all choppy >_<&#33;&#33;

Candy-chan
01-24-2004, 02:21 PM
last one is very nice&#33;
but id change the text color...but thats all

wizz-o-matic
01-24-2004, 03:47 PM
The chars are better now&#33;

Another thing&#33; about the left part on top. Maybe try to fade the trees with the sky a bit.

PS. He he, I&#39;ve realized that I already posess that font :D It&#39;s eady to mix up when u have about 600 fonts :D

EternalBlue
01-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Alright, I faded the trees into the sky a bit. I like the font colour, so I think I&#39;ll leave it at that ^^.

Sharpened this a bit too, but had to fix the glow, so the glow might look kinda weird. (No I can&#39;t take the glow off cause I have no clue what happened but the layer style aint there anymore >_<)

wizz-o-matic
01-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Better.
But let see what will other say :D Now seems that we are the only two talking here :lol:

MistressPookyChan
01-24-2004, 04:45 PM
The edges in the characters are gone; they don&#39;t look crisp. Reminds me of a watercolor picture. The rest of the background looks fine, though I think the glow on the outside of the petals is a bit too much.

EternalBlue
01-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Alright, here we go again lol. Outlined the chars a bit, took off the glow. Is it better with or without the glow?

Aside from that anything else?

wizz-o-matic
01-25-2004, 06:10 AM
Yep, I think is better without the glow on the chars&#33;

I see that u also reduced their size.

Candy-chan
01-25-2004, 11:41 AM
it does look like a wator color but i think the effect is pretty cool, im gonna use it,
great job&#33;

MistressPookyChan
01-25-2004, 12:54 PM
do ya&#39;ll think it is good enough to be submitted to AW.com?

wizz-o-matic
01-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I think that is good enough&#33;

Black_Leo
01-25-2004, 03:42 PM
it could be just me but the backround looks a bit blurry

MistressPookyChan
01-25-2004, 05:00 PM
the background is supposed to be a bit blurry, i think

EternalBlue
01-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Yea it is, cause those trees in the back are sposed to be farther away, and there is a slight fog in the anime too, so that&#39;s how it works out.

akachan
01-26-2004, 03:37 AM
you managed to do a great job :^_^: