PDA

View Full Version : Sakura Taisen Wall

BritishBabe14
01-19-2004, 04:17 PM
First properly made and finished wallpaper. I think the type is a bit llike 'whoa it's there'. If you know what I mean. Hope you like it and it gets put up and stuff.

darkparrot
01-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Very nice. The only thing that I think you could do is make her name a little more visible. Other then that perfect.

acamori
01-19-2004, 05:00 PM
it's an interesting concept, but i think the bg is too distracting, maybe add something to draw more attention to the main chara

Kelvin Wenas
01-19-2004, 05:10 PM
its looks like sakura is floating

Candy-StarR
01-19-2004, 05:46 PM
I love the bg idea! But I think that Sakura is too small and blends in with the background too much...

ownerizer
01-19-2004, 06:28 PM
I like your simplistic style and colors you used, but I think the 80's grunge style is a bit out of place for a story that takes place during the Japanese Industrial Revolution.

Miko
01-19-2004, 09:38 PM
The background is really creative though; the wall has alot of potential.
But the character seems lost in there.

akachan
01-20-2004, 08:03 AM
same as the others, enlarge the text and the chara,the tone of the wall is perfect, just a little more work and it would be really perfect :^_^:

omicron_15
01-20-2004, 11:39 AM
nice job, i like the bg the colors go well, like some were saying you might want to add another eliment the charicter size is fine, good job.

wizz-o-matic
01-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Mostly agree with others, The char is too small, add some shaddow (now it seems that's floating).
I like how u did the bg but to me seems to lighter, try to darken it a bit.

MistressPookyChan
01-20-2004, 08:34 PM
i personally think the background is interesting, but the character and the text get lost in it. A larger character would help, or even a glow or shadow could help. As for the text, I would make it bigger and play it up a bit. Maybe add a boarder around it, or tech, or some other sort of design.

It's a good start!

diablo111
01-20-2004, 08:56 PM
I also like the bg...I like the character too...she does get a bit lost though. Nice wall in any case.

acamori
01-21-2004, 09:54 PM
antid, please be considerate, and don't post your wall on someone elses critique thread, it's rude and annoying. if you didn't have anything to add or suggest to britishbabe14, you shouldn't have posted

Antid
01-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Yes Ma'am.

Antid
01-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Can it.

If "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words", I thought I'd save my breath. But apparently, you consider that 'rude'. I could have really ripped her off and made a new post.

It's not complicated, 6 layers and about 10 special effects. I wanted to give her my ideas: longer sword, etc. It's not like you had something special to say about it in your last post, so if you were going to obey your own ideals, you would have totally ignored my post and never said anything about it or anything else besides the picture ever again.

So can it and get a life. Does that penetrate?

Fabala
01-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Well now...THAT'S not taking things out of perspective = / Heh.

Anyway. I'm actually rather fond of the character size, but perhaps even "her" colors could be improved upon? Some rich, deeper ones... Nice work ^^ I don't care how much work goes into a wall...overworking it does not work. Keep it simple.

MistressPookyChan
01-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Antid, please read the rules of the forum. For arguing with someone for telling you the rules and helping out, I gave you a warning. Please behave.

As for the wallpaper: I agree with Reiako that the character's colors could be richer and deeper. That would help bring it out of the busy background.

Antid
01-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Hey, cool, you guys can warn people. They don&#39;t do that on like 90% of the other forums. :<_<:

But seriously, this is like a religion here, you all really need to lighten up. I broke the Holy Rules and now I must atone...

Anyway PookyChan, Yeah, I really think that I over did the greying of the picture, I have a mind for spaceships and shotguns, not Anime. I was trying to give the pink a break, to much pink can be a bad thing... But so can too much grey. So I really have no bussiness editing Anime, no big loss there.

The original image really caught my eye. I really like it alot for some reason. Go figure. Few pictures catch my eye like that.

MistressPookyChan
01-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Antid, last warning. Don&#39;t argue with anyone anymore (and especially me) and follow the rules or you will be banned. Also, your wallpaper belongs in it&#39;s own thread, so I am deleting the post. I was commenting on the first wallpaper, not yours. Hopefully this will stop the confusion.

Antid
01-23-2004, 07:33 AM
That&#39;s the kind thing I&#39;m talking about... You guys are polite zombies. It&#39;s funny. :^_^:

darkparrot
01-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Another one bites the dust... yea&#33;

Sorry Pooky I had to. :/

MistressPookyChan
01-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Thread closed (sorry britishbabe&#33; we can re-open it if you like... contace me&#33;) and admin notified.