PDA

View Full Version : Hailing from Osaka in the big red dot.

Unrested
10-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Hello everyone, I am Unrested

I have lived in Japan for 3 years now where I work as a kindergarten teacher (teaching english obviously) and singing part time in a deathmetal band (which definitely does not pay for much).

I have studied Japanese for a little over 3 years now and would say I speak on an intermediate level. Currently I am studying to take the JLPT 2Kyu Test, and have mastered a little over 1,000 kanji (only 2,700 more to go...bleh).

In my spare time I work on making videos that let others know about living in Japan. I.e. what to expect, how to navigate everyday obstacles, and some of the most enjoyable aspects this great country has to offer. If you are interested in any of that please check out www.youtube.com/unrested (http://www.youtube.com/unrested)

I have over 100 videos on Japan FAQs so if you have any questions check them out...I have probably answered it already:)

Anyway as I dont get to converse much or even type that much in english these days (even when i get home i speak to my girl and pets in japanese) I thought i would join to discuss all things within that I too enjoy in my native tongue.

As for manga authors I loven Ochazukeinori and Kazuo Umezu. I also have read every single Gantz and continue to buy them as they very very slowly come out lol.

yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
-Unrested

Xombii
10-20-2009, 11:31 PM
hiya welcome to AF

Sadly when i went to japan the group i was with decided to skip out on Osaka for an extra 3 days in Tokyo :(

OtakuInu!!!
10-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu mo. ^_^

Welcome to AF.

Enjoy.

Artcell
10-21-2009, 04:08 AM
Hey there!Welcome to the forum!
Your lucky that you live in Japan!
Anyway,read the rules and stay active!!
Hope you enjoy your stay!
PM me if you want to be friends or need any help with anything at all!
Take care of yourself now!
Catch you later!<3

Megamind's Minion
10-21-2009, 08:27 AM
congrats on living in Japan..
neighbor..

Unrested
10-21-2009, 07:21 PM
hiya welcome to AF

Sadly when i went to japan the group i was with decided to skip out on Osaka for an extra 3 days in Tokyo :(

yeah most people skip over osaka, not realizing its second in population density to tokyo, making it a huge hot spot as well. also osaka people are kind nutty compared tokyo-ites. they sing while walking, talk loudly, and are always happy to give you directions or even more so to try and score a deal when buying something.

on the down side...understanding kansai-ben is brutal at times...arigatou becomes ookini and totemo becomes mecha. there are many other grammar and suffix changes too that blwo your mind and make many study books useless if one lives in this area.

Daken.
10-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Welcome to AF,
ever need a friend just PM me.

Zack Keynes
10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
welcome to AF!
wow! youre living in japan! cool. XD
i love that country.

enjoy your stay here and have fun. ^_^

Aku no Hikari
10-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Welcome to AF, Unrested!

Singing with a Death Metal band? Awesome! You may want to sing with the AF Music Project (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=88663).

And living in Japan must be an awesome thing, isn't it?

Anyways, follow the forum rules and have fun here. If you want a friend, you can PM me.

And good luck on your tests. :)

Necro'lic Enigma
10-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Now thats some intro , loved it.
I will be most glad to welcome you.
I hope you stick around with us as much as possible.

See ya around.

Rein*
10-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Welcome AF
wanna be my tutor; rather as my lecture puts it my penpal

~*Red*~
10-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi there and welcome to AF :D

Unrested
10-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Welcome to AF, Unrested!

Singing with a Death Metal band? Awesome! You may want to sing with the AF Music Project.

And living in Japan must be an awesome thing, isn't it?

Anyways, follow the forum rules and have fun here. If you want a friend, you can PM me.

And good luck on your tests.

yes, i love it. honestly there is not a day i wake up that i am still amazed to be here.

also just signed up for the af music stuff. would be happy to help

finally, thanks about the tests. we will see how it goes. i have to know close to 4000 kanji to have a decent chance. i am at about 1000...sooo yeah haha.

Welcome AF
wanna be my tutor; rather as my lecture puts it my penpal

haha, well although i can speak at an intermediate level i tend to shy away from tutoring as i dont consider myself fluent yet (i.e. i still mix up some particles like ni/de/e also my pron. still fails at times ), and personally i feel learning from a native speaker is always best....but! i do have some street japanese slang on my youtube site under the same name where i teach some pretty rough and tough japanese - and also a few romance phrases in there!

www.youtube.com/unrested (http://www.youtube.com/unrested) if you want to learn or just look at some of the beauty japan has to offer. my newest vid has the country side in japan. amazing stuff.

RaShayRitto
10-22-2009, 11:34 PM
pretty cool that youre working overseas. hows the pay?

welcome to AF and thanks for your enthusiasm for the (probably soon dead) music project!

Unrested
10-23-2009, 01:39 AM
pretty cool that youre working overseas. hows the pay?

welcome to AF and thanks for your enthusiasm for the (probably soon dead) music project!

the pay is relative but for the most part i would say it ranges from 1,500 usd a month being the lowest, and 5,000 plus for those who work at super expensive international schools. i work for the osaka board of education so i fall in between that, and for the most part every place pays pretty well. the only places that really try to screw gaijin over are eikaiwas (english conversation schools) which are considered the McDonalds of the english teaching industry.

Dr. Thunder
10-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Welcome to AF hope you enjoy the site