PDA

View Full Version : Did it ever say how the DN worked with changed names

TheSplundPopper
10-14-2009, 01:41 PM
I was just wondering was this ever described. For example if someone changed their name by deed pole would that make their new name the one the Shinigami sees or their birth name. Also when a woman gets married would her married name be the one or her maiden name?

Another thing I was wondering about is with middle names and stuff like that. Lind L. Taylor for example. The L would have stood for something in his actual name. Would Lind Taylor have worked seeing as light had missed out the other letters of his middle name or L.L. Taylor even?

ZukaxxMimozu
10-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Well, honestly, I don't think they were specific on those things. Like, when he wrote down names in the Death Note, he normally only wrote first and last names, so I think that answers your last question. But when he killed other people, he used the name he got from them, from a lisence or something. So It's understandable that a name change(legal name change, with forms and junk) would count, even a married womens new name, cuz those thing would be changed on their new lisnece or whatever, right?