View Full Version : Yami No Matsuei Wp

01-17-2004, 03:01 AM
I just finished making this, but something is wrong with it. I think the left side is too wordy. Too purple? And beware it is rather purple. Please take a look and tell me what's wrong with it.

01-17-2004, 10:05 AM
well yes the words are a little too purple maybe use a different shade of purple for that. The words are attracting a little too much attention so fade it a bit cause you do want that guy to be the main attention.
He looks hot...lol I would use this on my desktop. I want to see your finish product. :)

01-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Can't comment... still trembling from that horribly disturbing scan.

01-17-2004, 11:54 AM
I agree with escaflownemoon.

Another question, it is originaly there a buterfly next to his mounth or did u add it. It's kinda distracting.

01-17-2004, 05:13 PM
I would color out the butterfly next to the mouth. I know it's supposed to be there, but it is distracting and doesn't match the purple butterflies. As for the text, I would meld it more into the background (which was already mentioned). Don't forget that text doesnt HAVE to be up-and-down! You can render the layer and twist it around, distort it, etc.

01-17-2004, 06:17 PM
the idea is good, but id make the purple paler, its too flashy. And Pooky's right about the butterfly, make it blue. And you should blur the inside of his shirt, to get better quality. but a nice beginning! ^^

01-18-2004, 04:57 AM
I think this is another one of those wallpapers that would make a good poster and not a wallpaper.

01-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Okay, I messed with it a little - a lot actually. I made the background a lighter purple in general, put the lyrics in the background, and changed the color of the butterfly.

Oh, and the butterfly was already in the image so I left it there.

Tell me if this one works better, or worse. Thanks.

01-18-2004, 11:01 PM
I like this one more than the last one. There is something you can do with PSP I dont know what you are using, or if it can do it too, but you can make the text push foward and it would include the text you have in the background.
but I like this one. more
what does the text in the background say?
I did what i said, but note because of the light BG, i had to tinker, and adapt the font thing, but if the BG and the font stood apart it will work better, if the bg was dark too. this is what I did, also i used a crap font.

01-19-2004, 04:34 AM
I have PS7. I tried to attempt what you did, but I don't think I have a thing to push the background text forward. So I just put the large title behind the background text. :^_^: I works, more or less. I attached it to the reply.

The background text are lyrics to a song from the series. http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/yaminomatsuei/amethyst.htm <---- You can read them here. I really like the song, so I wanted to include it in the wallpaper.

01-19-2004, 08:42 AM
it&#39;s pretty neat.

01-19-2004, 02:31 PM
I like it. what I did involves like 4 layers, a raster layery drop shadows, and copy paste. Its very anoying. but I like what yous did. :D

01-19-2004, 02:57 PM
its better, but now i think the left side looks empty, anyway, the changes are good&#33; (i like the new color)

01-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by: demonplight
I like it. what I did involves like 4 layers, a raster layery drop shadows, and copy paste. Its very anoying. but I like what yous did.
:D Thank you for the idea.

The left side is a little empty, but that&#39;s okay for me because Tsuzuki (main image) is supposed to be the focal point. Thanks for helping me out. It looks a lot better now. :^_^:

01-19-2004, 10:02 PM
besides the left side is where the icons are, really if that person uses desktop icons then they wont notice.