PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha help!

samichan
09-16-2009, 07:48 PM
First off, hi everyone. I'm new to the forums.

second, Im in need of some help. First of all, I heard that Inuyasha will have a 2nd series! (yayayaya) and that VIZ already owns the rights.

So my questions are;
Do you think they will dub it?
Will the ova be dubbed too? (The black Tessaiga)
and last I heard that they are making a 5th movie, is this true?

Please and thank you!

Gjallarhorn
09-16-2009, 08:06 PM
For #1, you answered your own question.

Viz owning the rights means they are going to dub it.

Unless the OVA was separately licensed from the series, then no, it won't be coming out in America.

There is no 5th film. People have been saying this since before the first series ended, but there's no truth (or evidence) behind it.

samichan
09-16-2009, 08:18 PM
For #1, you answered your own question.

Viz owning the rights means they are going to dub it.

Unless the OVA was separately licensed from the series, then no, it won't be coming out in America.

There is no 5th film. People have been saying this since before the first series ended, but there's no truth (or evidence) behind it.
Well just because VIZ has rights doesn't mean they willd dub it. I mean Bandai (sp?) had rights to Lucky star and they did not dub the Ova. Do you know any information on the OVA? Also is there anyway to contact Viz? D:

Gjallarhorn
09-16-2009, 09:28 PM
When a company licenses a series, it means they will dub it...it's the only reason why a series gets licensed. Licensing a series is a very expensive endevour, and if they were to license it without intent of dubbing it and distributing it, it would be a waste of a lot of money for the company.

Bandai has the rights to the Lucky Star series, but they did not license the OVA. OVA's from series do not generate a lot of profit in the US because there isn't a large market for them. Only original-series OVAs and OVAs for series that have proved a tremendous marketing success get licensed to the US.

There is a lot of manga and anime based media that does not make it to the US because their is not a large enough market for it. Drama CDs, soundtracks, doujin, visual-novels, etc. Most OVAs fall into this category.

As for contacting Viz, there's probably a link on their website.

Kagome
09-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Well just because VIZ has rights doesn't mean they willd dub it. I mean Bandai (sp?) had rights to Lucky star and they did not dub the Ova. Do you know any information on the OVA? Also is there anyway to contact Viz? D:

Bandai is Based IN Japan, kiddo. It's not an American company. So of course thier not gonna friggen dub anything in English. They ARE Japanese.

Though seriously...I hope to the GODS that they don't dub the rest of Inuyasha (even though I know that is a pointless hope....) They were absolutely horrible at dubbing it.

Couldn't say ANY name correctly to save thier lives and were totally emotionless and the English Voices Sounded forced and completely unnatural. That's bad dubbing.

samichan
09-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Bandai is Based IN Japan, kiddo. It's not an American company. So of course thier not gonna friggen dub anything in English. They ARE Japanese.

Though seriously...I hope to the GODS that they don't dub the rest of Inuyasha (even though I know that is a pointless hope....) They were absolutely horrible at dubbing it.

Couldn't say ANY name correctly to save thier lives and were totally emotionless and the English Voices Sounded forced and completely unnatural. That's bad dubbing.
Bandai is somewhat big in America and have a few titles that are dubbed.
Thanks kiddo. But I think I was asking a question, not your opinion. :)
The topic doesnt say "Do you like the English ver. of Inuyasha?" I understand everyone has their own opinions but sometimes its not wanted. :3 Plus dubbing is just a way for America to enjoy it. Just because its from Japan doesnt mean it has to be lame when its dubbed. If its so lame, then why bring anime or manga into America because in the end its going to be translated and America doesnt have time to read subtitles when watching tv/anime.

Like I said, its okay to like what ya like but it's not wrong to want it dubbed. Plus Americans or people who speak English do not speak japanese, so when we pronounce it, its different.

And for the ova, well Inuyasha is big both in Japan and America so maybe they will?

Kagome
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Bandai is somewhat big in America and have a few titles that are dubbed.
Thanks kiddo. But I think I was asking a question, not your opinion. :)
The topic doesnt say "Do you like the English ver. of Inuyasha?" I understand everyone has their own opinions but sometimes its not wanted. :3 Plus dubbing is just a way for America to enjoy it. Just because its from Japan doesnt mean it has to be lame when its dubbed. If its so lame, then why bring anime or manga into America because in the end its going to be translated and America doesnt have time to read subtitles when watching tv/anime.

Like I said, its okay to like what ya like but it's not wrong to want it dubbed. Plus Americans or people who speak English do not speak japanese, so when we pronounce it, its different.

And for the ova, well Inuyasha is big both in Japan and America so maybe they will?

Yes, I know you weren't asking my opinion-but-I gave it...heh-though some of it isn't opinion and is true. The point that they sounded forced and unnatural is fact, the point that they also sounded rather flat with little to no true inflection-is fact, and the point that they cannot say the names right is also fact.

And although-even though we do speak English-learning to pronounce words correctly is also a big part of the criteria in learning our language, why not do a service and learn to say the words from another correctly as well? I mean, I know these characters are not real-but *if* they were-(hypotheically speaking saying they were real and the series still existed about them) how do you think they'd feel to having thier names pronounced wrong by millions of people? I wouldn't exactly be a happy camper if it were me, that's for sure. Not to mention-they had to watch the Japanese version before making the English version, you think that'd give them a big tip off on how to say things.

However-back to the topic originally asked: Yes, they will dub it. As I said-it is a pointless hope for me that they won't. It is far too popular in the US to not be dubbed...As proof-you cannot find it just subbed *anywhere* on the net or otherwise any longer.

So, I'll just have to make sure I snag it before it comes around to be dubbed...<..< >.>

samichan
09-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes, I know you weren't asking my opinion-but-I gave it...heh-though some of it isn't opinion and is true. The point that they sounded forced and unnatural is fact, the point that they also sounded rather flat with little to no true inflection-is fact, and the point that they cannot say the names right is also fact.

And although-even though we do speak English-learning to pronounce words correctly is also a big part of the criteria in learning our language, why not do a service and learn to say the words from another correctly as well? I mean, I know these characters are not real-but *if* they were-(hypotheically speaking saying they were real and the series still existed about them) how do you think they'd feel to having thier names pronounced wrong by millions of people? I wouldn't exactly be a happy camper if it were me, that's for sure. Not to mention-they had to watch the Japanese version before making the English version, you think that'd give them a big tip off on how to say things.

However-back to the topic originally asked: Yes, they will dub it. As I said-it is a pointless hope for me that they won't. It is far too popular in the US to not be dubbed...As proof-you cannot find it just subbed *anywhere* on the net or otherwise any longer.

So, I'll just have to make sure I snag it before it comes around to be dubbed...<..< >.>
See that is still your opinion. An opinion of yours cannot be classified as anything else. So don't project it as anything else. Treat it as such.

Also, while you are right in saying we should speak the words of the English language correctly, you are being ignorant in claiming we should pronounce the names of the Inuyasha characters as they would sound were they spoken by a Japanese speaker. Pay attention to the fact that the dub is in English, not in Japanese. Why would one say only the names in pure Japanese format, while the rest is in English? For one it would sound retarded, and as you must understand, if something is in English, you pronounce it as such. I understand the way they say the names is different in Japan, but **** me if I'm wrong, I thought we were talking about the American dub. Y'know, in America and all. Thus your point is obsolete. I'm not going to say a whole sentence in English, then right in the middle of it flip to a French accent or something just to say someones name. I'm sure they will pardon me for not being Fench. So can you pardon others for not being Japanese? Thank you, and goodnight.

Oh, and gtfo. I already told you I didn't want your opinion.

Kagome
09-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Well that's very funny then-that there are some dubs out there-that do say the names correctly-and don't sound "retarded."

Though even if you pronounced it in the "English format"-I dunno how one can get Narocku out of Naraku, as a for instance...Or Meroku out of Miroku. But whatever.

samichan
09-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Well that's very funny then-that there are some dubs out there-that do say the names correctly-and don't sound "retarded."

Though even if you pronounced it in the "English format"-I dunno how one can get Narocku out of Naraku, as a for instance...Or Meroku out of Miroku. But whatever.

Okay. Naraku rolls the "r" in Japanese. We don't roll our r's, did you know that? And the rest of it is fine. NA RA KOO. That's fine. If you disagree move to Japan. Don't act as if English speaking Americans need to forget all of their language skills just to pronounce some baboon-wearing centipede lover's name "correctly." Unless they personally pursue the Japanese language themselves, they are not obliged to pronounce it as if they're Japanese themselves. Also, we don't say MEE RO KU, because the MEE part wouldn't ever exist in English. You should realize that yourself. Why would we take mi and prnounce it MEE? Now if it were mie, that's another thing. But it's mi. So we pronounce it meh. Because we speak ENGLISH. Grasp that concept and we need not continue this debate.

Flamed to death. Bye.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/fuchsia_star/edde.jpg