PDA

View Full Version : Better than Gundam?

Oyashenron
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Do you like CG more than Gundam? I prefer it to most, but not all of the Gundam series because of the more realistic setting and heavier emotional weight.

MangaFanGuy
09-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Plain and simple.
No.
I prefer Gundam in general over Code Geass.
I like Code Geass tho and thought it was quite well done except for one or two things and those things put it below Gudam for me.

lilminx
09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
i like both, but i loved gundam seed.code geass is good in its own way. i dont think you can compare them, theyre both 2 different shows

Rei
09-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Gundam and Code Geass are totally different, but I like both of them. I agree, they can't actually be compared. To me, Gundam 00 and Code Geass R2 were the best.

Kamen Rider V3 Blue
09-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I like Gundam more but CG is good too

kimi no kioku
09-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I like CG more, never really got into Gundam.

OtakuInu!!!
09-18-2009, 05:38 AM
The only Gundam series I completed watching is Gundam00 S2.

But I think Gundam is better because it already has a collection of series and I think Gundam has mecha authority (or something like that) above all. Also, Gundam makes up most of mecha animes.

CG has the potential though. It's great that CLAMP made a mecha anime. CLAMP is a great manga-ka group because they made great animes like CG.

Monkey Fury
09-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Gundam and Code Geass are totally different, but I like both of them. I agree, they can't actually be compared. To me, Gundam 00 and Code Geass R2 were the best.
You are definitely correct. They both have a different theme. Code Geass didn't really focus on the mech side but on other aspects, like the Geass.

But for me, I'm more hooked on Code Geass than Gundam. That's all I can say.

div
10-12-2009, 12:19 AM
It really depends on the series. Code Geass was infinitely better than Gundam 00 (I have no idea why this show is so popular to be honest, it's by far the worst Gundam series I've seen). As for the older Gundam series, you really can't compare them. Gundam in many ways defined the mecha genre and still serves as the most well-known mecha anime. Code Geass, on the other hand, dabbles in nearly every genre of anime (not to imply that Gundam doesn't do this some too, but Code Geass did this to a far greater extent).

B Gundam
10-23-2009, 03:45 AM
There are many good anime and anime can be enjoyed by a vast spectrum of audience and come in many forms.

Code Geass definitely has a lot going onto it, I am still Gundam fan, though. And regardless of which one anyone likes better, Gundam will always infinitely be the forefather.

In Code Geass, Lelouch's masked alter ego Zero was one of the earliest developed characters. Ichirō Ōkouchi wanted a mask to be included as a part of the series, because he felt that a mask was necessary for it to be a Sunrise show. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Char_Aznable)

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4732/spinzakutheorigin.png

Spinzaku, the Origin.