PDA

View Full Version : My apologies for invading your online space, but I'm here now.

Desert Coyote
09-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Greetings, anime-type folks.

As I say in the title of this thread, I apologize for invading your online space. In the interest of full-disclosure, I should let you know this is the sixth or seventh message board I've signed up for in the past two weeks. I held off on joining this board until this week because I've been gun-shy about it, after being mistakenly called a spambot and banned from two.

I'm currently on what I call an "Online Book Tour" to support my first novel, which I've self-published. I've been joining boards to get to know my target audience, the sci-fi/fantasy and anime/manga communities. It is my hope that, once you get to know me as a person, you might be interested in reading my book (http://tinyurl.com/AdvGuard).

As far as the typical "introduction" stuff goes ... I'm a married recovering otaku who is currently between New York and Texas, mainly due to finishing a Master's degree. I thoroughly enjoy many anime offerings, including (in no particular order):

The Slayers
One Piece
Kare Kano (His and Hers Circumstances)
The work of Satoshi Kon and Hayao Miyazaki
Evangelion
InuYasha
and most anime offerings on [adult swim] with a few exceptions (don't care for Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin or Death Note).

I hope to get to know you all in the next few days. In the meantime, if you're possibly interested in the book, read this blog. (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/blog.php?u=16418)

~*Red*~
09-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi there and welcome.

lilminx
09-08-2009, 06:59 PM
hey welcome to AF
i hope you enjoy it here
hmm.... i was in new york only yesterday :O ^^

Daken.
09-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Welcome to AF,
ever need a friend just PM me.

Tsuki.
09-08-2009, 08:34 PM
*wonders if he knows Desert Fox*
. . . XD
Welcome to AF.
Even though you can't tell, right now . . . I'm a huge InuYasha fan. ^.^
Hope to see you around, and hope you have tons of fun. =)
If you'd like someone to talk to about anime or manga (I'm more of a manga person) you can always pm me.
Be sure to follow the rules, and have fun!

Nyxie
09-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Hello and welcome. :)
I was new, like, a day or two ago? xD

And, The Slayers!!
That's the anime I was trying to remember a couple of minutes ago!
Thank you for unintentionally reminding me. xD

RJ169
09-08-2009, 09:45 PM
hello and welcome to AF

Desert Coyote
09-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Excitement is now brewing, not only from having met you folks here, but also because now my book's available on Amazon. I feel like I've arrived. :D

Li Xia
09-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Hiya and welcome Coyote. Enjoy the stay here at AF, and follow the rules as well. Ever need a help feel free to approach me. Mkies see ya around and stay safe.

Desert Coyote
09-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I know a few people have noticed this, but for all who haven't yet, I've begun using this site's Blogging feature. I just posted two new blogs in the last few minutes. Read and enjoy! :laugh: