PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper Gallery Directory

RequiMem
01-11-2004, 03:52 PM
After deviantart started enforcing their policy on anime wallpaper, I figured that a lot of people would now have trouble finding new wallpapers. Animewallpapers chooses the cream of the crop of all anime wallpapers and we all love that, but deviantart used to be the place to show stuff that wasn't up to the fine standards here.

Now that that is gone, I figured that there needs to be a way to keep sharing that is also easy to find what you want. There are webrings for people with sites, but really they're not specialized for wallpapers. So last night I worked up a site that people can submit their (and others) gallery locations. In addtion they can add which anime series are at which galleries so you don't have to look through every one to find that elusive series.

I was going to open the site in a week or so with a domain name and all, but it would help a lot if you could help test it out so I can make a decent help section and actually have some content before the site opens. I think it'll be a useful tool. It's at:

http://www.requiemformemory.com/awproject/

So check it out and tell me what you think. Or if you have any questions post them here.

Candy-chan
01-11-2004, 04:27 PM
i think its a good idea, ill register as soon as my site is done, keep working on it! ^^

escaflownemoon
01-11-2004, 04:53 PM
it looks pretty neat.

jumomo
01-11-2004, 06:38 PM
really interesting. :^_^:

MistressPookyChan
01-11-2004, 07:05 PM
lovely idea, but did ya'll forget about animegalleries.net? Every member of the site (that includes all of us animeglobe.com people, since the sites use the same registration info) has space to upload images, including their wallpapers. You get quite a bit of space, and it's all free!

RequiMem
01-11-2004, 09:41 PM
I don't do any image hosting at my site, and animegalleries has mostly screencaps. My site focuses only on wallpapers. So I think our goals are somewhat different. Although, I would be happy to link to any user's personal gallery there.

MistressPookyChan
01-12-2004, 12:08 AM
noooo, you dont understand. every member at animegalleries.net (it's free, and all of you are already registered there) has a personal gallery. This gallery can be used to use anime-themed images, including but not limited to wallpapers. These images can then be rated by others. not sure about leaving comments...

Candy-chan
01-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by MistressPookyChan@Jan 11 2004, 06:05 PM
lovely idea, but did ya'll forget about animegalleries.net? Every member of the site (that includes all of us animeglobe.com people, since the sites use the same registration info) has space to upload images, including their wallpapers. You get quite a bit of space, and it's all free!
we do? o.0;

MistressPookyChan
01-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Candy&#045;chan+Jan 13 2004, 05:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Candy-chan @ Jan 13 2004, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MistressPookyChan@Jan 11 2004, 06:05 PM
lovely idea, but did ya&#39;ll forget about animegalleries.net?&nbsp; Every member of the site (that includes all of us animeglobe.com people, since the sites use the same registration info) has space to upload images, including their wallpapers.&nbsp; You get quite a bit of space, and it&#39;s all free&#33;
we do? o.0; [/b][/quote]
sure do&#33; it&#39;s part of the animeglobe family. here is my gallery: http://www.animegalleries.net/index.php?cat=10003

don&#39;t ya&#39;ll read Ace&#39;s posts? lol

Miko
01-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah, cream of the crop. :rolleyes: Maybe a year ago or two ago...

Anyways...great idea; I can see good things on the horizons for this; if you get the right endorsements from big sites. (just don&#39;t sell out and put tons of ads everywhere&#33;)

RequiMem
01-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Actually I don&#39;t plan much more than what it does now. I don&#39;t plan on puttin any ads on the site. If I set my sites on horozons I&#39;d actually go and make a site that would compete with AnimeNfo and ANN (which are great resources). Of coarse I&#39;d throw an entirely new spin on the whole thing and add new tech and new ways to access the content. But that would require time and money of which I have neither.

I barely have enough to spend on wallpapers. This little project only took me like 4 or 5 hours.

RequiMem
01-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Over the past couple days I have fixed a number of bugs, but there are still some yet remainig, Here are some details so you know about them before you run into them.
- There is no help page yet. I&#39;m working on it right now.
- The series list to the right is not exactly in alphabetical order.
- In the browse section, the names of the series that a site has is not in alphabetical order.
- When searching for a series, there should be results for sites that have that series.

There are a number of changes I&#39;ve made to improve the site, here are some of them.
- There are 88x31 icons for sites in the browse section.
- In the series detail page, there are links to the respective AnimeNfo pages.
- In the series detail page, there are notices for adult series and games.

I just bought the domain name awproject.com, so things should be speeding ahead the next couple days. Thanks everyone for helping and submitting your sites.

Miko
01-15-2004, 01:42 PM
How do you get your own site&#39;s 88 x 31 banner on the site?

RequiMem
01-15-2004, 04:15 PM
I&#39;ve just been taking them off the sites myself. I couldn&#39;t find one on your site. Just give me a URL or post it here and i&#39;ll put it up. Actually now my preferred size is 200x40 as that&#39;s the size most of the japanese anime sites use. I&#39;ll still take a 88x31 if that&#39;s all you have.

MistressPookyChan
01-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Started off as a good discussion, but led to spam. Please be considerate about the websites that this forum represents. Thankies&#33;